1750 13th Street, Boulder, CO 80302 Map · Phone number

About Boulder Museum of Contemporary Art

Boulder Museum of Contemporary Art is a historic landmark located in the heart of downtown Boulder. Facing the beautiful Central Park and just three blocks from Pearl Street, the museum is an ideal location for your event. Each season BMoCA’s galleries are transformed by a new group of world-renowned artists. The artwork presents a unique backdrop for your event and an opportunity for all guests to experience the vision of contemporary artists. In addition to the galleries, there is a dedicated event space that can be tailored to suit your vision.

• Foothills Art Center
Wedding procession
BMoCA

3 Reviews for Boulder Museum of Contemporary Art

Alissa · Married on 05/22/2010

I don't think most people are aware that you can rent out this space, let along for a fraction of most spaces in Boulder. I received so many compliments from my guests about the simple elegance of the venue. The staff were extremely easy to work with and invisible on the evening of the event. I would have another event there in a heartbeat!

Sent on 06/15/2010

mary · Married on 09/24/2011

We were so happy with our decision to have our reception at BMoCA. The venue is unique, modern and conveniently located. The staff at BMoCA was very easy to work with and understanding of our unique needs. Our guests loved the fun art and contemporary feel of the place. The only difficulty for us was wedding size -- we had 150 people in a venue that is probably better suited for no more than 100 guests. They also make it very clear, understandably, that they are an art museum first and we obviously had no say in what type of art would be shown during our event. We lucked out with the artists being featured but I can only imagine that it could have worked out differently! The venue is definitely the best priced option in all of Boulder and a truly fun and inspiring place to have a party!

Sent on 10/07/2011

lindsey · Married on 06/05/2015

3.4
      3.0

Don't get me wrong our wedding turned out phenomenal. I just want other brides to be aware when using this venue. I found their staff to be quite un-organized we picked this venue a year and a half prior to our wedding and the staff had changed over that time period. There should have been a new introductory meeting with the new hire. BMoCA didn't realize the venue was booked every afternoon already until that week! She went ahead and contacted my vendors (not me) to reschedule with them except that left out my family/friends who were decorating. So on Friday the day of our wedding we had a kids art class that didn't fully leave until 4:15. With a wedding at 5, there was a mad rush for my vendors to set up lighting and set that room up. Also pay attention to the alcohol you pay bar prices per drink, no kegs or bulk discounts. It turned out beautiful in the end and no one would have ever noticed that we had so many hiccups to pull off that day. Three Leaf catering works directly with BMoCA and they are great, they do all the rentals and have amazing food. I am no where un-happy with the venue just wish it would have ran a little smoother for all the people I worked so hard to coordinate with.

Sent on 06/29/2015

Boulder Museum of Contemporary Art FAQ

• What is the maximum capacity of your venue?
  • How many event spaces or rooms does your venue offer?
  • Describe your venue:
    Historic Building
    Museum
  • What kind of settings are available?
    Indoor
    Uncovered Outdoor
  • Which of the following wedding events does your venue service?
    Ceremony
    Reception
    Bridal Shower
    Engagement Party
  • What catering services do you offer?
    Outside Cake