Nearby Vendors to Consider

About Botanica International Design Studio

Quality is the essence of first-class floral design and we strive to exceed every expectation.

Since 1989, Botanica International Design Studio has served the greater Tampa Bay community to provide the very best in eventdesign and technique. From weddings to anniversary parties, to corporate gala events, our talented design team is able to handle all your floral event design needs.

Botanica is owned and operated by Ian Prosser. Born in Scotland, Ian has over 30 years experience within the floral industry. After getting his start in Glasgow, Scotland, where he owned three successful floral design shops, Ian moved hia family to Tampa in 1985.

A graduate of Woodburn Horticultural College in Scotland, Ian has won many design awards. He was the youngest person to receive the honor of "Floral Designer of the Year" for Scotland. Ian has also earned the "National Diploma of the Society of Floristry" (NDSF), the highest European honor in floral design. He has been inducted into the American Institute of Floral Designers (AIFD), The American Academy of Floriculture (AAF) and Professional Floral Communicators International (PFCI) . He is also a member of the FTD Design Team, which sends him around the country demonstrating, commenting, and teaching floral design to his peers. These travels have also sent him to China to lecture students regarding current floral design and upcoming trends.

He was invited by the Society of American Florists to participate in designing the inaugural decorations of President Bill Clinton and President George W. Bush. In 2005, Ian was given the honor by the Society to serve as "Floral Design Chairperson" for the second-term inauguration of President George W. Bush. As "Floral Design Chairperson", Ian helped in the selection and management of the 160 florists picked from across the country to create the floral decorations needed for the many events surrounding the inauguration. Working in close association with the Presidential inaugural committee, he helped to style the rooms for 14 official events, including the 9 inaugural balls.

Botanica has been featured in Instyle Weddings Magazine, OK! Magazine, The Knot, Brides Florida Magazine, The Tampa Tribune, The St. Petersburg times, Floral Management Magazine and Florists Review Magazine.

Categories: Wedding Florist, Wedding Decor & Lighting

Consultations (2)
Event Design (2)
Samples (2)
Aisle Decor (2)

Absolutely gorgeous! They knew everything I could want even before I wanted it. They were sweet and attentive. They were always communicating and keeping us up to date. Extremely flexible and understanding since we lived far away and exceeded all expectations from the first meeting

Profile Picture Danielle, 7/14/18, 4 Reviews
Category: Flowers, Lighting & Decor
Services Used: Clean Up, Consultations, Delivery, Event Design, Samples, Set Up, Aisle Decor, Altar Decor, Bouquets, Boutonnieres, Table Arrangements, Corsages

Ian Prosser, AAF, AIFD, PFCI, NDSF*, is simply brilliant. I’ve been familiar with his work for almost a decade, so I wasn’t surprised at all — but my wedding guests had never seen anything so spectacular. It was so fun watching them running around and snapping photos with the decor. I work for the floral industry and definitely had my choice of “suitors” for my wedding flowers, but the choice was obvious. When I close my eyes, I can still smell the tent at my reception — it was full of garden roses, gardenias and jasmine vine. My husband immediately remarked that it felt like we were in a botanical garden. In addition to his floral expertise, Ian helped me make smart decisions regarding colors, table linens, flatware etc. The end result was perfection.

*all these acronyms represent his many advanced accredidations

Profile Picture Katie, 6/30/18, 4 Reviews
Category: Flowers, Lighting & Decor
Services Used: Aisle Decor, Altar Decor, Bouquets, Boutonnieres, Table Arrangements, Corsages

I had the pleasure of working with Ian, Zoe and Margot for my wedding this past weekend, and they were INCREDIBLE! The flowers and displays were more beautiful than I could have ever imagined. For the past few days, I've had guests contacting me and asking me who did the flowers, because they were simply stunning! The experience was seamless, magical and surreal! They even brought in my mom and I before the wedding to see samples of the designs they would create for our wedding. I told them my vision, and they brought to life! I recommend Botanica and their team of experts with the highest regard! Thank you for an amazing job!!!

Profile Picture Erin, 2/17/18, 4 Reviews

220x220 sq 1386102586734 ef570
220x220 sq 1386102589155 ef610
220x220 sq 1510250419681 alexisadamwedding1002

14 ENDORSEMENTS
Botainca- what can I possibly say that has never been said before? Beyond Fabulous and Beyond Amazing!

Botanica are the delightful pros you truly enjoy working with, time and time again!

Weddings are by far the most flower-oriented events in the world. Many people don’t realize that flowers have meanings. Botanica does!!!

A wonderful vendor to work with.

I love all that Botanica has to offer. The complete package really. They are a true talent and wonderful to work with.

162 PROS I KNOW

1715 W. Cypress St. Tampa, FL Main office, 4700 Millenia Blvd., Suite 175 Orlando, FL, Tampa, FL 33606   See On Map
813-831-0965 (phone) 813-254-6404 (fax)