2257 Bayou Road, New Orleans, LA 70119 Map · Phone number

About Benachi House and Gardens

Benachi House and Gardens, BH&G, is an authentic, classic New Orleans setting for a wedding, reception or party - from elegant to trendy, crawfish boil to seated dinner. The house and its grounds will accommodate up to two- hundred and seventy- five guests, while seventy- five to one hundred will be comfortable inside and on our porches.

You have the entire house and gardens to yourself!

ShubertHunseder031508355
ShubertHunseder031508355

14 Reviews for Benachi House and Gardens

Darnell Cuevas · Married on 12/15/2018

Rehearsal Dinner and December Wedding

Our family had an awesome experience with the Benachi House and Ms. Rhoda, the crews she provided for setup and breakdown, and her recommendations for other key personnel. All did their job exceptionally well. The house and grounds met our every need. We began our stay at the beautiful grounds on Thursday in the two story historical Cottage that was perfect for our many wedding activities with my daughter departing on Monday. Our wedding guests and party were from Mississippi, Thibodaux. LA, and throughout the US. On Thursday we used the cottage for wedding flower preparation, Friday the family of the groom prepared a feast for an outdoor rehearsal dinner for 40, Saturday was our beautiful wedding for 160 people. The wedding was on the front lawn. The reception was indoors and in the courtyard; the temperatures were a bit chilly and the venue provided a place for all guests temperature preferences. Thank you. Ms. Rhoda for such superb assistance throughout this wonderful experience.

Sent on 12/17/2018

Benachi House and Gardens's reply:

Many thanks for the kind words. We so appreciate your review. We aim to please! Thank you for the visit. Congratulations tp Amy and Rob.

Reagan · Married on 05/21/2016

I could not have chosen a better location for our wedding reception on May 21, 2016. It really was perfect. The house is beautiful and historic and Rhoda and Mr. James are fantastic. We used the front for our cocktail hour and the back for the reception. The decorations I used were minimal because they weren't necessary.

Don't let Mr. James' initial dry demeanor deter you from using his place. He is very upfront and direct laying out all expectations, but he is very fair and was willing to work with us on all aspects of what we needed. When we went for a site visit, we weren't sure what to expect, but he was kind, knowledgeable, and friendly. He even gave us some of the wonderfully cool history of the house's namesake.

We rented tables b/c I wanted a different size and shape than what he offers. When I found out that the rental company charged quite a bit extra for a Sunday pickup, I emailed him to ask guidance. Without hesitation, he said they could pickup the tables anytime Monday b/c he didn't have an event Sunday.

I was worried about the "noise ordinance" clause in the contract. We worked with our wonderful DJ (Robbie Cox) to get the best positioning of the speakers as to not have to worry with it. The music was never not loud enough (folks danced for hours) and we didn't have any issues with it being too loud. When it came close to the 10pm time limit for the neighborhood noise ordinance, the security guy was so discrete that I didn't notice him mentioning it to the DJ. One of my wedding party did, but talked about how professionally and calmly it was handled.

The house manager, Rhoda, is also great. She even emailed me after to make sure I was happy and to tell me i looked beautiful. We rented the Cottage for my parents and Godparents to share and

Nancy · Married on 04/09/2015

Benachi House was an answer to our prayers. It was the perfect setting for our daughter's fairytale wedding and reception. They allowed us the flexibility of using our own vendors a very generous time frame for both the day of and the rehearsal the day before. Unlike some places, the whole house and gardens were available for our use, and our use alone. A special thanks to the owner for making sure everything was working and looking its best.

Benachi House and Gardens FAQ

• What is the maximum capacity of your venue? 275
  • Describe your venue: Historic Building
  • What kind of settings are available? Indoor, Uncovered Outdoor

• 2257 Bayou Road New Orleans, LA 70119 See on map
    5045257040 (Other Phone Number)