2 Goat Island, Newport, RI 02840 Map · Phone number · Visit website
  • Real Weddings 7

About Belle Mer

Belle Mer is a glamorous seaside wedding venue located in Newport, Rhode Island. Surrounded by over seven acres of lawns on the edge of Narragansett Bay, this venue is perfect for an elegant and contemporary Newport wedding.

Facilities and Capacity
Belle Mer has many unique event spaces where you could host all of your wedding celebrations. The Ocean Lawn accommodates 1000 guests for a garden style reception and 300 guests for a waterfront ceremony. The Water Salon is the largest open air, four season event space in all of Newport, fitting 950 guests for a cocktail party and 280 guests for dinner and dancing. This venue also offers the Island House for a more intimate gathering and the Loft for bridal suite, rehearsal dinner or post-wedding brunch.

Belle Mer is a versatile venue that can accommodate anywhere from a vintage wedding to a luxurious coastal reception. It is located in the middle of many Newport attractions, such as the recreational trail Cliff Walk.

6d208786f515f7a2 1531947597 6e3083f183d57b83 1531947597047 5 AmandaandJordan051
Table set-up with centerpiece
0d3803b3d411d666 1525710590 db6156561c16414e 1525710590548 8 V J 738 Stephanie
Outdoor wedding venue
Outdoor wedding venue
belle mer island house cocktial space by kim lyn p
Belle Mer
belle mer island house gates by kim lyn photograph
Belle Mer
belle mer island house loft by kim lyn photography
Belle Mer
belle mer water salon cocktail space by kim lyn ph
salon roundsmelissa robottibetsey ryan
Couple dancing
Couple dancing
White linen table setting
White linen table setting
d73a1a2bed2a0c82 1525710590 8d19a63189fd6b6d 1525710590523 7 Couple on Stairs f
Belle Mer
belle mer salon greenlion broken greenery arch with large head table move mountains co 51 43700
6d208786f515f7a2 1531947597 6e3083f183d57b83 1531947597047 5 AmandaandJordan051

Belle Mer 7
  • serena

serena · Married on 06/23/2019

The Perfect Day

I had my wedding at Belle Mer on June 23, 2019. This was the first choice I made in moving through the Wedding process and I am so happy that I did! It was simply above and beyond!! Stephanie, our wedding coordinator, could not have been more fantastic. She was always quick to respond to any questions, extremely helpful and accomodating, incredibly efficient and always made things as easy as possible for me and for my mom. She was kind, patient and just overall did a phenomenal job assisting us in making this the most special, amazing day we have ever experienced. The day of, Chelsea, our day of attendant, and Stephanie were on top of everything. We had hors d'oeuvres brought over to the bridal party through photo shoots, there was always a drink in mine and Albert's hand, every moment was well coordinated and perfectly executed. The staff was fantastic. Our bartenders, Josh and Danielle were awesome and so accomodating!! The food was delicious. I think at one point I ate 4 tuna tartare bites one after another in the middle of photos (Can't wait to see how those came out 😂) We cannot speak more highly of everyone at Belle Mer or of the beauty of the venue itself and the location. Every aspect of the team to the location to the blessing of a beautiful sunny day after almost a full week of rain (and hail the day before) made our day one we will never, ever forget. We cannot thank you all enough (especially Stephanie for all of her hard work for months on end!), but we can try :) So thank you from the very bottom of our hearts! I've always thought it was corny and inaccurate to say that one day is the best of your life, but I can say very positively that Sunday was the best day of our lives. I will strive to have the rest of my days meet the feeling that we felt that day. Maybe one day we will, but I don't think anything could ever be better.

Sent on 06/27/2019
    Belle Mer 8
    Belle Mer 9
    Belle Mer 10
    Belle Mer 11
    Belle Mer 12
    Belle Mer 13

Belle Mer's reply:

Thank you, Serena! We love seeing the pictures from your day. You all looked absolutely beautiful (and handsome!). We are so happy you had an amazing experience with us.
  • Marla

Marla Waters · Married on 05/11/2019

Everything was perfect!

I wish I could do it all over again - I would change nothing. As my husband and I were standing there being pronounced as husband and wife, I thought about how lucky I was not just to be marrying the love of my life, but that I was able to do it in such a gorgeous place... knowing everything was taken care of.... and that all I had to do was sit back and take it all in.

Stephanie Kennedy was our planner and she went above and beyond for our big day. We cannot even begin to imagine a day better than the one we had. From the staff, to the food (which EVERYONE raved about), to the tiny details.... it was amazing. Highly recommend this venue... they truly thought of everything and kept it all so organized so we could focus on our big day and enjoy it.

I hope to get invited to another wedding at Belle Mer so I can enjoy it all again.

Sent on 06/19/2019
    Belle Mer 14
    Belle Mer 15

Belle Mer's reply:

Thank you Marla! We love to hear that you had such a wonderful experience with Stephanie and the entire Belle Mer team. Please keep in touch.

Belle Mer FAQ

• Do you have a site fee for wedding receptions at your venue? Yes
  • Do you have a site fee for wedding ceremonies at your venue? Yes
  • What is the starting site fee for wedding ceremonies during peak season? $ 2,000.00
  • Which of the following are included in the starting price for bar service? House Beer, House Liquor, House Wine
  • How many event spaces or rooms does your venue offer? 2
  • Describe your venue: Ballroom, Mansion, Waterfront
  • What kind of settings are available? Indoor, Uncovered Outdoor, Scenic Views
  • What event services do you offer? All Inclusive Packages, Bar Services, Cake, Catering Services, Clean Up, Event Planner, Event Rentals, Get Ready Rooms, Lighting / Sound, Set Up, Wifi
  • What catering services do you offer? Buffet, Cocktail Reception, Dessert, Family Style, Hors d'oeuvres, Plated, Server(s), Stations, Tastings
  • What bar services do you provide? Bartender(s), Cash Bar, Champagne Toast, House Beer, House Liquor, House Wine, Limited Bar, Liquor License, Open Bar, Premium Liquor, Signature Drink, Specialty Beer, Specialty Wine
  • What event items are available? Audio Equipment, Chairs, Decor, Drapery, Furniture, Lighting, Photo booth, Tables
  • What transportation and access is available? Parking, Wheelchair Access
  • What months are included in your off-peak season? January, February, March, April, November, December

• Gilded Media
    Gilded Media Wedding Videographers

Excellent Company to work with! We highly recommend.

• Night Shift Entertainment LLC
    Night Shift Entertainment LLC Wedding Bands

Lovely venue! Always a top choice with our bands! A++

• Golden Scroll Soloists
    Golden Scroll Soloists Wedding Musicians

It is always a pleasure performing at Belle Mer. Their team is incredibly organized, making it easy for us to integrate our music into the day's plans. We play at Belle Mer quite often and for many years, and never have had any issues. Thanks for always being so kind and helpful!

• 2 Goat Island Newport, RI, 02840 See on map