Belle Mer: A Longwood Venue Reviews

• WeddingWire Couples' Choice Awards 2015 Winner
  • WeddingWire Couples' Choice Awards 2014 Winner

Courtney D. Married on 06/19/2022

Obsessed with Belle Mer

Worth the price- breathtaking views along the water, on the grass, great backgrounds too for pictures. Very naturally beautiful, doesn't need much decor which is why I fell in love with it. We had an AMAZING SUNSET TOO!!
    Food & cake were included in the price, so that was nice we didn't need to go through other vendors.
    Great staff- day of coordinator Allegra, I couldn't have done this without her. Super accommodating and helpful throughout the process and that day too.
  • Kelly
    Kelly Married on 06/01/2022
      5.0 out of 5 rating

Dream venue and best wedding coordinator EVER!

My husband and I got married in June at the Belle Mer, Island House. We really wanted a unique venue with a classy, coastal, relaxed vibe and the Island House was perfect for us! We have the most amazing memories in this space--including a stunning sunset over the water with a view of the Pell Bridge. The best part of Belle Mer for us was our wedding coordinator, Allegra Micheletti. Allegra was the most organized, fun, kind-hearted person and the night wouldn't have gone the same without her. She was on top of every detail and made the night of the wedding go so smoothly. Allegra felt like part of our family. She is so talented and made the wedding planning process fun--I actually looked forward to our calls together because it was like talking to a friend! We love Allegra and can never thank her enough for taking such good care of us and making our wedding day so memorable and relaxing.
    Allison F. Married on 01/22/2022
      5.0 out of 5 rating

We had the wedding of our dreams at Belle Mer!!

I'm still floating just thinking about it. The venue was absolutely stunning, even in the cold winter month of January! The sunset over the water is unbelievable and watching it through the wall of windows with the chandeliers and candle light...truly unforgettable.

But most incredible at all was our event specialist Allegra Micheletti!! My now husband and I keep gushing over how unbelievably lucky we feel to have been paired with her. She was an absolute pleasure to work with, always so quick to respond to every little question I had along the way and providing the best recommendations throughout the planning process. She set the room perfectly even with all of the last minute changes and re-organizations we had as our guest count was declining just weeks before our wedding day due to the pandemic. I arrived the Friday before with bags of ornaments, candles and garland and Allegra found a place for absolutely everything! It felt as if she could see what I saw for our wedding decor and it could not have possibly been more perfect. She made our wedding night the most romantic, candle lit, and unforgettable evening I could have ever imagined!!

Although Allegra has a special place in our hearts, truly the entire team at Belle Mer is what makes the venue the most amazing place to get married. From our first tour with Carly Donovan and all of the questions she answered throughout our beginning months of planning, to Ivana my day-of bridal assistant helping our photographers pose our guests, fixing my hair throughout the night, and bustling my dress in the middle of the dance floor!! And the chefs and wait staff are incredible as well, the food was so delicious, timely, served and plated with elegance.

I wish I could relive my wedding day over and over again!! We wouldn't change a thing!!
  • illustration stars

Are you interested?

Send a message
    Patricia M. Married on 12/31/2021

Outstanding experience!

Our daughter was married at Belle Mer on New Year's eve 2021. Needless to say, wedding planning in the face of the surging Omicron variant made things very stressful. Sara Leonard, our event coordinator, executed a flawless event and worked tirelessly to ensure a magical evening for all! The venue is beautiful; all the staff courteous and helpful, and the food--simply amazing. Every course, from the delicious and varied appetizers, to the entrees, to the beyond delicious wedding cake, were memorable. If I had to do it all over again, Belle Mer would be my venue of choice. Kudos to Sara and her amazing team!!! Tricia Mulligan
    Glendalys C. Married on 10/31/2021

Heaven on Earth

Heaven is a place on earth and it is in Newport RI! This venue is what wedding dreams are made of, but not only because of the views and how stunning Belle Mer actually is, but also because of the staff. The first person I met was Carly and she made Belle Mer go from my second option to my only option! I realized so quickly that the vendors you choose really make or break the wedding process, and I knew that the staff here would make all my dreams come to life. I was paired with Sara as my wedding coordinator and throughout the year she was there to answer all and every question, she gave the best recommendation when my cake vendor pulled out and it was a true blessing in disguise. She is patient, professional, outgoing, comforting, and insanely supportive and empathetic when I had a small panic attack week of haha! Weekend of the wedding she was outstanding, we had a 20 person wedding party and somehow everything was seamless. I also had the pleasure to have Ivanna as my bridal attendant day of and she was incredible. Ivanna made sure I had everything I needed even before I knew I needed it, she got every mud stain out of the bottom of my dress on two separate occasions and she is truly the sweetest soul on Earth. We always had new drinks on our table, our late night bite packed up for us, comfortable shoes were ready for me under the table, and she was by my side experiencing first hand all the magic that day. I could write an entire novel about my experience at Belle Mer start to finish but to summarize, all my dreams came true that day. Thank you Carly, Sara, Ivanna and all the staff at Belle Mer. You are the BEST at what you do. XO The Kahales!

Belle Mer: A Longwood Venue's reply:

Congratulations Glendalys! It was an honor to host your dream wedding and we’re so happy that Carly, Sara, Ivanna, and the rest of our team were able to make all of your wedding wishes come true. Thank you for your kind words and choosing us to be a part of your special day. If you ever publish that novel about how much you love Belle Mer, put us on the list for a signed copy!
  • Cara
    Cara S. Married on 09/29/2021

Above & beyond!

Having our wedding at Belle Mer was easily the best decision we made for our wedding day. From start to finish, they were a dream to work with despite having to reschedule due to Covid. Carly Donovan and Sara Leonard were fantastic, organized and fun throughout the whole process - we felt lucky to have them on our team over the course of planning. Belle Mer is obviously stunning which was a huge reason we chose it, but there were so many moments throughout the day where they went above and beyond. From greeting our entire wedding party with champagne post ceremony, to working closely with us to maximize our dance floor time, to the food which our guests are still raving about, everything was amazing. No regrets. Also special shout out to Ivana, the day-of bridal assistant, who my family is still raving about. Everything we needed day-of, she was there and 10 steps ahead. Thank you Belle Mer for making our day so special!

Belle Mer: A Longwood Venue's reply:

Congratulations, Cara! Thank you so much for your kind words. We are so happy to hear that Carly, Sara, Ivana, and the team exceeded your expectations and made your day amazing. Our service, culinary, and team are a point of pride for us, especially during this challenging time. Thank you again for choosing us to be a part of your special day!
    Morgan B. Married on 09/12/2021

Beautiful Newport Venue

Both Samantha Marold and Meghan Darby were an absolute pleasure to work with. Our September 2021 Island House wedding was everything we dreamed of. We are so grateful for all Meghan did to help- from our tasting to the day of, Meghan was there to make sure the day went smoothly. The view is spectacular, perfect for photos, especially at sunset. Our guests are still talking about the food. Overall, a great experience.

Belle Mer: A Longwood Venue's reply:

Hi Morgan, thank you so much for your kind words and congratulations on your wedding! We take immense pride in our service, views, culinary, and team, so we’re thrilled to hear that Samantha and Meghan exceeded your expectations. We are so glad that we were able to make your day extra special. Thank you again for choosing us to be a part of this life-changing event!
  • Suma
    Suma D. Married on 08/13/2021

Wedding on 8/13/2021

I was impressed by the beauty of this location as were my guests. I was equally impressed by the professionalism and meticulous attention to detail shown by the wedding planning assistant, Ivana who made sure our needs were met and answered all our questions. Overall, the Belle Mer staff made our event a memorable one!

Belle Mer: A Longwood Venue's reply:

Thank you so much for the great review, Suma, and congratulations to your daughter and family! It was an honor to host you and we’re so happy to hear that Ivana and the rest of our team were able to make your experience unforgettable.
  • Heather
    Heather F. Married on 07/23/2021

Absolutely stellar!

WOW we loved Belle Mer! My husband and I got married there 3 days ago and I couldn't wait to write a review! The experience was simply lovely from start to finish. The staff is kind and detail oriented, the food is incredibly delicious, and of course the view is stellar! We were so sad having to leave the venue after our reception ended. We were in the Island House and our guests could not stop raving about the service and location. Perfect place for a perfect day! Highly recommend! I would give 10 stars if I could! We worked with Sara as our event coordinator and she was amazing! Hoping someone we know will get married there so we can return to this beautiful venue!
    Jessica L. Married on 06/12/2021

Island house perfection

Belle mer is a class act. The staff are all incredible, and they made the planning process as easy as possible as we navigated the changing pandemic requirements. The day of was perfect in every way and the attendants went above and beyond to make sure me, my groom, and our families were taken care of and had a drink in hand all night. The island house is a dream!!!
    Courtney Married on 11/08/2019
      5.0 out of 5 rating
    Belle Mer is absolutely amazing! The venue itself is gorgeous - one of a kind and then when you add the staff, food, service, and attention to detail, there is no comparison. I would recommend this venue to anyone! Our guests are still raving about it!

Belle Mer: A Longwood Venue's reply:

Thank you, Courtney! We are so happy that you had a wonderful time at your wedding. Please stay in touch.
  • Annaliese
    Annaliese Married on 09/01/2019

Perfect Venue

Our wedding at Belle Mer on September 1st was absolutely amazing! From the beginning of our booking, the administration has been extremely helpful and patient with us. Stephanie, our event specialist, was absolutely amazing every step of the way. She was professional, responds quickly, and extremely helpful throughout the planning period and she helped to make the process as smooth as possible. I would recommend Belle Mer as a venue to anyone who wants to get married on the water - the view is truly unbeatable!

Belle Mer: A Longwood Venue's reply:

Thank you for the wonderful review, Annaliese! Stephanie and the Belle Mer team loved being able to share this wonderful occasion with you and your family. Please stay in touch.
    Lee S. Married on 08/25/2019

Not one issue

Best all around Megan was awesome, the venue perfect. Food service etc.

Belle Mer: A Longwood Venue's reply:

Thank you for the kind words, Lee! We are thrilled you had a great experience with Megan and our team at Belle Mer.
    Karen K. Married on 08/18/2019
      5.0 out of 5 rating

Belle Mer is a gorgeous venue and the service is excellent. Great value!

Stephanie was such a patient and helpful coordinator. I am an out of town/ foreign bride, with totally different expectations for weddings. For one, where I am from we don't do first dances, speeches, etc. But my husbands' family wanted some of those formalities. Stephanie was able to explain to me how timelines typically work and how she would recommend merging our two expectations. I called her so many times and she patiently guided me through each of my questions. She also gave me awesome food and vendor recommendations!

Multiple guests told me that it was the best food they have had at a wedding and that the service was spot on. (We had the filet mignon and halibut).

During the wedding day, everything went completely smoothly. There were moments where I wished I had a little more guidance from my wedding attendant, but it wasn't a big deal. Having them basically took away the need to hire a wedding planner or day of coordinator, though I suspect it would have only been more helpful to have an extra set of hands.

General things to keep in mind if planning your wedding in here (and in Rhode Island, for the out of town brides): (1) RI stops selling alcohol at 1, so they do have a hard stop at 12:30am. (2) They don't serve shots. (3) If it's a summer wedding with great weather, guests love to move in and out of the ball room. It's a fantastic feature, but it can make the ballroom pretty hot because the doors/floor to ceiling windows stay open. (4) We had 125 guests in the Island house and it was perfect amount of space for dancing.

Belle Mer: A Longwood Venue's reply:

Thank you for the kind words, Karen. We were honored that you chose Belle Mer for your wedding and we are thrilled that we were able to assist in your planning process. Wishing you a lifetime of love and happiness.
  • Sarah
    Sarah Married on 07/19/2019

Spectacular!

What an incredible experience. Belle Mer beyond exceeded our expectations. We had such a fun and beautiful wedding. I decided not to hire a wedding planner, and I was only able to pull it off thanks to Stephanie Kennedy and the Belle Mer team. Everyone was extremely quick to respond and incredibly helpful. I did not have a single stressful moment on my big day, even without a planner, because they truly took care of everything. My vendors have all complimented Stephanie as well, and said that she was delightful to work with. The whole planning process was extremely well organized. The food was outstanding! My guests agree that this was the best wedding meal of all time. Our attendant Ivana was great too – she was always one step ahead of us. Thank you for the memories Belle Mer, we will cherish them forever!

Belle Mer: A Longwood Venue's reply:

Thank you for the wonderful words, Sarah. We are thrilled that you and your guests loved your meals and that our team was able to make the process a breeze for you. Thank you for sharing the beautiful images with us and trusting the Belle Mer staff with your special day.
  • serena
    Serena Married on 06/23/2019

The Perfect Day

I had my wedding at Belle Mer on June 23, 2019. This was the first choice I made in moving through the Wedding process and I am so happy that I did! It was simply above and beyond!! Stephanie, our wedding coordinator, could not have been more fantastic. She was always quick to respond to any questions, extremely helpful and accomodating, incredibly efficient and always made things as easy as possible for me and for my mom. She was kind, patient and just overall did a phenomenal job assisting us in making this the most special, amazing day we have ever experienced. The day of, Chelsea, our day of attendant, and Stephanie were on top of everything. We had hors d'oeuvres brought over to the bridal party through photo shoots, there was always a drink in mine and Albert's hand, every moment was well coordinated and perfectly executed. The staff was fantastic. Our bartenders, Josh and Danielle were awesome and so accomodating!! The food was delicious. I think at one point I ate 4 tuna tartare bites one after another in the middle of photos (Can't wait to see how those came out 😂) We cannot speak more highly of everyone at Belle Mer or of the beauty of the venue itself and the location. Every aspect of the team to the location to the blessing of a beautiful sunny day after almost a full week of rain (and hail the day before) made our day one we will never, ever forget. We cannot thank you all enough (especially Stephanie for all of her hard work for months on end!), but we can try :) So thank you from the very bottom of our hearts! I've always thought it was corny and inaccurate to say that one day is the best of your life, but I can say very positively that Sunday was the best day of our lives. I will strive to have the rest of my days meet the feeling that we felt that day. Maybe one day we will, but I don't think anything could ever be better.

Belle Mer: A Longwood Venue's reply:

Thank you, Serena! We love seeing the pictures from your day. You all looked absolutely beautiful (and handsome!). We are so happy you had an amazing experience with us.
  • Marla
    Marla W. Married on 05/11/2019

Everything was perfect!

I wish I could do it all over again - I would change nothing. As my husband and I were standing there being pronounced as husband and wife, I thought about how lucky I was not just to be marrying the love of my life, but that I was able to do it in such a gorgeous place... knowing everything was taken care of.... and that all I had to do was sit back and take it all in.

Stephanie Kennedy was our planner and she went above and beyond for our big day. We cannot even begin to imagine a day better than the one we had. From the staff, to the food (which EVERYONE raved about), to the tiny details.... it was amazing. Highly recommend this venue... they truly thought of everything and kept it all so organized so we could focus on our big day and enjoy it.

I hope to get invited to another wedding at Belle Mer so I can enjoy it all again.

Belle Mer: A Longwood Venue's reply:

Thank you Marla! We love to hear that you had such a wonderful experience with Stephanie and the entire Belle Mer team. Please keep in touch.
    Cynthia M. Married on 04/13/2019

Exceeded out expectations

WOW what a beautiful venue. We absolutely loved everything. Staff was amazing, very focused, caring & very accommodating. Food exceeded our expectation (and one of us is very picky). We couldn't be happier with our selection. Wow wow wow has been our guests reaction.

Belle Mer: A Longwood Venue's reply:

Thank you for the wonderful review, Cynthia! We are thrilled to know that you and your guests enjoyed your time at Belle Mer. We wish you a lifetime of love and happiness.
    Brian S. Married on 04/05/2019

A Dream Come True for My Daughter

Perfect location, great food and excellent service.
    My daughter in law is a wedding planner in Wilmington, NC and manage to work with the staff at Belle Mer remotely with no issues at all. From her perspective, the venue's standard package was extensive and good quality - i.e. nice chairs, tables, silverware, table clothes, etc. It was a wide open room with floor to ceiling doors that could be opened to bring the outside in. There was very little she had to upgrade.
    As part of the package, you get a room for the bride to get ready and is yours all night long. It is a huge space on the second floor overlooking the outdoor ceremony area. In our case, the entire wedding party met, took some pictures, relaxed before the event started. We then returned to the space, had a drink and hor d'ouevres before joining the cocktail hour. A person is assigned to the bride for the entire time so anything she needed was taken care of.
    There were two event spaces but they don't overlap at all. There was a 200 plus person wedding going on the same time and we didn't hear or see anyone from the other wedding.
    The food was fantastic! Every guest that we spoke to raved about the quality of the food. All of our guests thoroughly enjoyed the event. One friend told us that he has a very close friend that lives in Newport. When our friend shared where the wedding was being held, the local (Newport) friend said Belle Mer was the best wedding location in Newport. As the father of the bride, I never saw my daughter more happy in her life. Never thought we could afford a wedding in Newport but timing is everything. End of April and early May is a shoulder season so it was no more expensive than places we looked at in Old Saybrook and Westbrook CT.
    Highly recommend Belle Mer!

Belle Mer: A Longwood Venue's reply:

Thank you for the kind words, Brian. We are thrilled to hear that you and your daughter had a wonderful experience at Belle Mer. We loved being able to share this special day with your family.
    Sarah Married on 09/08/2018
      5.0 out of 5 rating
    We chose Belle Mer for our wedding venue and it was everything we could have ever wanted and more. Everything was absolute perfection. First, the food is amazing! We got countless compliments on the food. Next, the service we received during the planning process and on the day of our wedding was exceptional.
    Megan took over as our coordinator approx. 6 months before our wedding because our other coordinator left. She was absolutely amazing and made the transition so seamless for us. She quickly got up to speed on everything and she really went above and beyond during the planning process and the day of the wedding. She was AMAZING!
    We were in the Island House for our wedding and it was so beautiful. We had our ceremony on the Island House lawn and the scenery is just breathtaking. We got lucky with the weather to be able to open the doors/windows of the Island House for the reception and it really was amazing. We received so many compliments on the location and the service from our guests. We would highly recommend booking Belle Mer!!

Belle Mer: A Longwood Venue's reply:

Thank you for the kind review, Sarah! We are thrilled that we were able to help you have the perfect wedding day and that the unpredictable New England weather played nice. Please stay in touch, we love getting updates as life progresses.
    Malena Married on 08/10/2018
      5.0 out of 5 rating
    beauriful venue and top of the line service. We had a drink in our hands at all times and my bridal attendant was A+++ attentive to all my needs.

Belle Mer: A Longwood Venue's reply:

Hi Malena – We are thrilled that you enjoyed your wedding at Belle Mer. Cheers!
    Liz Married on 06/30/2018
      5.0 out of 5 rating

Best decision of our wedding! I am in LOVE with Belle Mer!

Belle Mer was the most amazing venue – from the location, the view, the ceremony space, to the food, and to the service. Belle Mer was an overwhelmingly amazing experience. The service we received from our initial tour all the way through our wedding night was top notch. Stephanie made me feel so comfortable and confident leading up to the big day, and was always so helpful in answering any questions I had as quickly as possible. Even knowing how great Belle Mer was, I was still floored by how amazing the service was on the wedding day. From the moment I arrived on-site, the venue was decorated exactly as I envisioned, the bridal suite was stocked with beverages and a free pair of flip flops for my dancing feet, a bridal attendant followed us the whole night bringing us drinks and food. I truly felt like a princess. The Belle Mer team even packed up everything we brought (decorations and all) and loaded it into my parent’s cars as the night was ending. I think the key moment that exemplifies just how much the Belle Mer staff cares, is when Stephanie (who I had worked with since our food tasting) actually got down on the ground with my sister/MOH and helped bussle my dress. Choosing Belle Mer was the best decision we could have made – my husband and I truly felt like royalty!

Belle Mer: A Longwood Venue's reply:

Thank you for the wonderful review, Liz! We are thrilled to know Stephanie and our team were able to make you and your husband feel like royalty. A lot of love and hard work goes into the events we host at Belle Mer, so we are glad you enjoyed the experience. Wishing you a lifetime of happiness, please stay in touch.
    Kelsey Married on 05/27/2018
      5.0 out of 5 rating
    Could not have asked for a better experience!!! Stephanie and the Belle Mer team were the PERFECT partners in helping us plan and execute our wedding.

Overall, my husband and I found Stephanie to be incredible organized, creative, flexible, and patient with us as we made decisions - she was a true pleasure to work with (with the best, upbeat attitude!) and we were so thankful she was by our side throughout the whole process. Couldn't have done it without her!!

Belle Mer is a gorgeous venue and, despite a rainy forecast on our wedding day, the team was able to easily adjust our schedule, furniture/decor, and overall plan to an inside space. The team kept us on a strict timeline day-of, to ensure that we took all the photos we needed to, walked down the aisle at the right time, etc. The service was INCREDIBLE! We received so much feedback from guests that the food was delicious, timely, and overall the flow of the evening was seamless.

So happy & relieved we chose Belle Mer for our special day and would love the opportunity to work with them again someday!! <3

Belle Mer: A Longwood Venue's reply:

We are thrilled to hear that Stephanie and the Belle Mer team were PERFECT partners from planning to execution. We strive to make your day seamless :)
    Megan Married on 10/07/2017
      5.0 out of 5 rating
    To say everything and everybody was perfect is an understatement. We got married in the Water Salon on 5/20/17. From the beginning, all employees went above and beyond. Our initial tour with Steven was fantastic and he continued to keep in touch throughout the whole process. He is amazing and made us feel at home from day 1! Abigail is a saving grace and we called her our angel throughout this whole process. From day 1 she was extremely helpful, always there to answer our questions and keeping us on track and organized. It is extremely overwhelming to plan a wedding (especially since we had no idea what we were doing) and she was there every step of the way. We honestly could not have done it without her and her guidance.

Brianne, the day coordinator was fantastic and she ensured the day was seamless and everybody we talked to rave about the wedding and how perfect the flow was. She had everything set and even put an extra pair of flip flops at my seat and my favorite drink. During photos, she was there with drinks and appetizers..she was seriously a godsend.

The waitstaff was incredible and all of our guests were RAVING about them. They were so professional and social they were honestly fantastic.

Perfection!
    Geoffrey Married on 09/01/2017
      5.0 out of 5 rating
    We recently had our wedding at the Belle Mer in Newport and every step along the way was perfect. Stephanie Donofrio was our main contact, she was incredibly responsive and accommodating. The location is stunning and the food was delicious ! The service of the wait staff during the reception was perfection. The Belle Mer worked beautifully with all of my vendor, my wedding planner, florist, music groups and rental companies. I'm an interior designer from California and so planning my wedding from across the country could have been very difficult but Longwood Properties made sure everything went smoothly, so I could relax and enjoy the day ! They truly deserve 5 stars !
illustration stars