6641 Mediterranean Drive, McKinney, TX 75070 Map · Phone number · Visit website
  • Photos & Videos 46
  • Deals 2

About Bella Donna Chapel

About Us

Bella Donna is located in the village of Adriatica- a 45-acre development inspired by the small villages of Croatia. It was built by Adriatica's developer, Jeffory Blackard, as a gift to his wife, Donna. The purpose was that of any Christian church: prayer, worship and religious study. However, requests for Weddings, Christenings and other Celebrations of Life came in before its 2010 completion and so we have enjoyed hosting a variety of sacred occasions- from music and worship to weddings.

The chapel, fashioned after a Catholic chapel in Croatia, is itself not affiliated with any other church. Christian couples of any denomination are welcome to host their ceremonies here, with the understanding that we are a church first and therefore must adhere to the Biblical definition of marriage (one man, one woman) and observe the sanctity befitting any church environment.

Facilities and Capacities

Bella Donna Chapel is based on a 16th-century chapel in Croatia and features a travertine carving salvaged from a war-damaged chapel in the country. A 300-year-old piece of history, the travertine illustrates the outstretched hand of Jesus welcoming all into the peaceful space. Constructed of stone, the venue itself provides a very historic and romantic setting for you to say “I do” with its grand domed fresco painted ceilings, stone mantel, columns and travertine floors. The space is completed by beveled stained glass windows and crystal chandeliers. Your guests will immediately be impressed with the water surrounding the island the venue is located on with the only way to access it being footbridge. The 2,000 square-foot space can seat up to 185 guests and host a maximum of 204 people. Couples will end their ceremony by ringing the wedding bell that was given as a gift from the citizens of Supetar, Croatia as a sign of friendship.

Bella Donna Chapel can provide a number of services for your big day. Their excellent, experienced wedding coordinator can assist you with your wedding planning needs. They will help you run through your rehearsal and ceremony to ensure each moment goes by seamlessly. Outside vendors are also allowed. While the venue has a small space for up to 50 guests for your outdoor reception, they can provide recommendations for couples who are looking to have a larger celebration. Various other vendor--including photographers, live music, floral design and hotels--can also be recommended to you to ensure each vendor you hire delivers quality service. Bella Donna Chapel has the following additional services available for couples to consider:

• Bridal suite (Loceted nearby in Adriatica's iconic Bell Tower)
  • House Music
paul ernest photography pep9525 cr1
brides15
jenniferdanielbridalfacebookbyallisondavisphotography 6
Bella Donna Chapel
danielle bridal portrait by hampton morrow photography
facebook brides5

Bella Donna Chapel 2
Bella Donna Chapel 3

Dalila · Married on 04/06/2019

Beautiful Chapel

For many months, I dedicated myself to finding the perfect chapel for my wedding. The chapel was one of the three most important wedding elements to me. While I found several chapels I liked, I did not love any of them, until I found Bella Donna Chapel. The moment I walked into Bella Donna Chapel, I absolutely fell in love! It is beyond beautiful! It was the chapel of my dreams!
    The chapel allows you to bring your own officiant, which was a must for me. I wanted my youth pastor to marry me and Bella Donna Chapel allowed us to do that. It has a wedding coordinator who coordinates the rehearsal and ceremony the day of the wedding. Beverly was my wedding coordinator. She was easy to reach and responded to emails/texts in a timely manner. Beverly is so sweet! Despite the fact that practically all of my wedding party arrived late to the rehersal, Beverly still allowed us to have a full hour of rehearsal! That was so kind of her to do! We did not deserve that. My wedding ceremony was different from the typical American ceremony and Beverly was so accommodating to the way I wanted the ceremony to run.
    Bella Donna has decor that allows brides to use, such as candelabras and an easel. I used the easel for my wedding sign. I also used the candelabras and had all the candles on the walls lit up. It looked gorgeous! I did not add any additional decor to the chapel. Honestly, I was afraid it would take away from the beauty of the chapel.
    Many of my guests raved about how beautiful the chapel was! Honestly, it was a pleasure working with Bella Donna Chapel, and I seriously do not think I could have made a better choice! I absolutely loved it and it was a dream come true!

Sent on 04/24/2019

Brandi · Married on 06/13/2018

I love the bella donna and my family thought it was gorgeous. I can say that the atmosphere of he bella donna is all you need. It does not need any additional decorations. The dressing room in the bella donna is very small though. I rented the bridal suite in the tower. The bridal suite is nice and cozy and has some pretty picture opportunities as well.

Sent on 09/07/2017

Bella Donna Chapel FAQ

• Do you have a site fee for wedding receptions at your venue? No
  • Do you have a site fee for wedding ceremonies at your venue? Yes
  • What is the starting site fee for wedding ceremonies during peak season? $ 3,600.00
  • What is the starting site fee for wedding ceremonies during off-peak season? $ 900.00
  • Which of the following are included in starting site fee? Chairs, Parking
  • What is the maximum capacity of your venue? 204
  • How many event spaces or rooms does your venue offer? 1
  • Describe your venue: Historic Building, Mansion, Religious, Waterfront
  • What kind of settings are available? Indoor, Scenic Views
  • Which of the following wedding events does your venue service? Ceremony, Elopements
  • What event services do you offer? Clean Up, Event Planner, Lighting / Sound, Outside Vendors
  • What event items are available? Aisle Markers, Altar/Arch, Decor

Military Discount
    10% off total ceremony cost for present or retired military

• Gather in Downtown McKinney
    Gather in Downtown McKinney Banquet Halls

I absolutly LOVE when a bride says they are having the ceremony at Bella Donna. I know that when they show up for the reception they will be extatic with the experience they had at the ceremony. I hear over and over how wonderful the day was thanks to Bella Donna.

• European Ensemble Strings
    European Ensemble Strings Wedding Musicians

Bella Donna is the cutest chapel I have ever seen! Perfect location for smaller weddings.

• Events by Kristin
    Events by Kristin Wedding Planners

The Bella Donna Chapels is one of the most beautiful indoor ceremony locations! It is truly one of a kind and Ashley is great to work with! She offers great suggestions and is always willing to help!

• 6641 Mediterranean Drive McKinney, TX, 75070 See on map