61 Lowell Rd, Groton, MA 01450 Map · Phone number
  • Photos & Videos 22
  • Real Weddings 3

About Barn at Gibbet Hill

Please contact our team at (978) 448-3233 for the most current availability.

Set in a beautifully renovated and restored 100-year old barn overlooking rolling hills of conservation land, the Barn at Gibbet Hill is one of New England's most unique venues for weddings and special events. Located at the foot of Gibbet Hill, just beyond the picturesque Main Street of Groton, the Barn offers rustic elegance with unparalleled views. The main room features a built in wide-plank oak dance floor, and together with the mezzanines can accommodate up to 225 seated guests. Our covered deck with optional clear side curtains is the perfect spot for cocktails or a ceremony and has sweeping views of the hill, complete with grazing cattle. We can also accommodate a ceremony on the lawn at the foot of the hill.

img1381

Barn at Gibbet Hill 7
  • Elizabeth

Elizabeth · Married on 07/19/2019

Gorgeous and stress-free

There were so many reasons we chose The Barn for our wedding: great food, a gorgeous setting, and a team of people there to help us plan and make our day run smoothly. Along the process, however, the team at The Barn far exceeded our initial, already-high expectations! First off, our wedding coordinator Sara was super helpful in the planning process. She navigated us through all of the small details we wouldn't have thought of on our own, and saved us a lot of stress later on. Even if Sara wasn't in the office when I called with my questions/requests, another member of the Gibbet Hill team was there to help answer our questions and get done what needed to get done. I am very grateful she was there to iron out the last minute details the day before the wedding and help me keep my sanity in the midst of family-induced stress! I was additionally so impressed with how seamlessly our wedding day flowed. No matter what last-minute challenges presented themselves, the Gibbet Hill team got everything taken care of and I felt completely stress-free on our day. We even had a bridal party attendant who did a FABULOUS job helping me and the wedding party navigate the day. Not to mention the food was spectacular. As someone who isn't the biggest fan of salads, their farm pickup salad was one of the most delicious things I've ever eaten. Many of our wedding guests raved that it was the best wedding they ever attended. We strongly recommend you book The Barn at Gibbet Hill for your wedding!

Sent on 08/16/2019

Christopher Lewis · Married on 03/30/2019

Simply the Best!!

Where do I start on trying to describe the amazing experience we had having our wedding at Gibbet Hill? If I could give more then 5 stars I would. The staff is simply amazing. They were very easy to work with from the start, super organized, and prompt with responses. They have a detailed recommended vendor list to give you a helpful starting point, and of course amazing decor/scenery to make the venue a classic New England wedding venue.

Deirdre was our initial contact with Gibbet and ended up being our wedding coordinator as well. We worked so well with her because we shared the same detailed oriented, organized way of thinking. She had everything down to the minute planned out which helped us feel better about the timeline of the big day. Deirdre was there for any questions and was super prompt and detailed about all portions of the big day.

The day of the wedding was amazing, literally nothing went wrong and in large part to the staff and Deirdre. They are so professional and make everything as magical as you could imagine for your wedding day. The food was amazing and there was plenty to go round! We had 144 guests which we felt was a great size and helped fill the venue to make it feel full but not overcrowded. Our guests raved all night about the venue and the beauty of it which made us very happy for choosing Gibbet. We had a bridal attendant who was with my wife and I the entire time checking on us making sure we didn't need anything. It was an amazing experience and we felt so well taken care of.

I feel like I couldn't possibly touch on every portion of our wedding day and the planning that went into it but I would say without hesitation if your considering getting married at Gibbet just do it and you will never regret it. We are so very thankful we did and couldn't recommend it enough.

Sent on 04/11/2019

Megan · Married on 07/20/2018

There are truly no words. The Barn at Gibbet Hill is absolutely amazing. From its scenic views to the staff - they really know what they're doing. If I could relive my reception everyday I would. The staff is so kind and genuinely care about you, your wants, needs, and expectations. The moment my husband and I stepped foot in the door we knew it was the place for us. It rustically romantic and charming. The staff is always available for guidance and assistance and the day of the wedding bend over backwards for you and your guests. Oh, and the food.. it's outstanding. You can even go over to the grill ahead of time to try it out. We are forever grateful that we got to spend our day there. It. Was. Perfect. :)

Sent on 09/06/2018

Barn at Gibbet Hill FAQ

• Which of the following are included in the cost of wedding catering? Cake Cutting, Server(s), Wedding Cake
  • What is the maximum capacity of your venue? 225
  • What is the minimum number of guests required to book your venue? 40
  • How many event spaces or rooms does your venue offer? 1
  • Describe your venue: Banquet Hall, Barn, Farm/Ranch
  • Which of the following wedding events does your venue service? Ceremony, Reception, Bridal Shower
  • What event services do you offer? All Inclusive Packages, Catering Services, Event Planner, Get Ready Rooms, Outside Vendors, Wifi
  • What catering services do you offer? Buffet, Cocktail Reception, Dessert, Family Style, French Service, Hors d'oeuvres, Plated, Server(s), Stations, Tastings
  • What transportation and access is available? Parking, Wheelchair Access

Real Weddings

• Adam Rice - Singer/Guitarist
    Adam Rice - Singer/Guitarist Wedding Musicians

Gibbet Hill is one of my favorite venues, offering lawn, deck, barn, and restaurant settings for any size wedding. There is power availability for each location (great for musicians/DJs), and the coordinators are great at keeping the day moving along smoothly. I also really enjoy the food! Really great scenery, convenient parking, and modern facilities.

• Piper Jo Nevins Photography
    Piper Jo Nevins Photography Wedding Photographers

Such a beautiful venue!!!! Rustic barn meets modern day classic. So much character. The grounds are stunning. And the food is farm-to-table fantastic!!!!!!!!

• 61 Lowell Rd Groton, 01450 See on map