Barn at Gibbet Hill Reviews

87 | Groton, MA

87 Reviews for Barn at Gibbet Hill

Lauren · Married on 10/19/2019

Rehearsal Dinner was so good!

We had our rehearsal dinner here in the private upstairs area on a Friday night from 4-7 pm and it was so great! They have a beautiful fireplace up there and breathtaking scenery. Ashley was unbelievable to work with - she was so responsive and gave great suggestions to make sure we stayed within our scheduled event time. I even dropped off place cards that morning and her team set them up for me based on the diagram I drew up. The food was SO good and the staff was so friendly!

Sent on 10/29/2019

Connor · Married on 10/17/2019

Book this venue if you want the perfect wedding !

This place is not just the perfect wedding venue it’s so much more ! Everyone there makes sure your day runs smoothly and everything is designed exactly to your liking. My event manager and bridal attend were completely amazing ! I can not say enough good things ! Our wedding was above and beyond our expectations ! Truly magical place ! We gonna go back every year to the restaurant across the street to celebrate our anniversary every year !

Sent on 10/21/2019
  • Alli

Alli Vaillancourt · Married on 10/04/2019

amazing wedding and service

Having my wedding at the Barn was the best decision I made for my wedding day. The second I walked in, I knew it was where I wanted to get married. The views are breathtaking and the barn is beautiful. The food was amazing and the staff on my wedding day were AMAZING. Thank you so much to Sara for all that you did for our wedding day. On the day of my wedding, I was slightly under the weather, and all of my day of management staff went above and beyond to assist myself and my family. Thank you so much for being so accommodating and kind! My husband and I had the best day ever and everything ran so smoothly!

Sent on 11/18/2019
  • Elizabeth

Elizabeth · Married on 07/19/2019

Gorgeous and stress-free

There were so many reasons we chose The Barn for our wedding: great food, a gorgeous setting, and a team of people there to help us plan and make our day run smoothly. Along the process, however, the team at The Barn far exceeded our initial, already-high expectations! First off, our wedding coordinator Sara was super helpful in the planning process. She navigated us through all of the small details we wouldn't have thought of on our own, and saved us a lot of stress later on. Even if Sara wasn't in the office when I called with my questions/requests, another member of the Gibbet Hill team was there to help answer our questions and get done what needed to get done. I am very grateful she was there to iron out the last minute details the day before the wedding and help me keep my sanity in the midst of family-induced stress! I was additionally so impressed with how seamlessly our wedding day flowed. No matter what last-minute challenges presented themselves, the Gibbet Hill team got everything taken care of and I felt completely stress-free on our day. We even had a bridal party attendant who did a FABULOUS job helping me and the wedding party navigate the day. Not to mention the food was spectacular. As someone who isn't the biggest fan of salads, their farm pickup salad was one of the most delicious things I've ever eaten. Many of our wedding guests raved that it was the best wedding they ever attended. We strongly recommend you book The Barn at Gibbet Hill for your wedding!

Sent on 08/16/2019

Christopher Lewis · Married on 03/30/2019

Simply the Best!!

Where do I start on trying to describe the amazing experience we had having our wedding at Gibbet Hill? If I could give more then 5 stars I would. The staff is simply amazing. They were very easy to work with from the start, super organized, and prompt with responses. They have a detailed recommended vendor list to give you a helpful starting point, and of course amazing decor/scenery to make the venue a classic New England wedding venue.

Deirdre was our initial contact with Gibbet and ended up being our wedding coordinator as well. We worked so well with her because we shared the same detailed oriented, organized way of thinking. She had everything down to the minute planned out which helped us feel better about the timeline of the big day. Deirdre was there for any questions and was super prompt and detailed about all portions of the big day.

The day of the wedding was amazing, literally nothing went wrong and in large part to the staff and Deirdre. They are so professional and make everything as magical as you could imagine for your wedding day. The food was amazing and there was plenty to go round! We had 144 guests which we felt was a great size and helped fill the venue to make it feel full but not overcrowded. Our guests raved all night about the venue and the beauty of it which made us very happy for choosing Gibbet. We had a bridal attendant who was with my wife and I the entire time checking on us making sure we didn't need anything. It was an amazing experience and we felt so well taken care of.

I feel like I couldn't possibly touch on every portion of our wedding day and the planning that went into it but I would say without hesitation if your considering getting married at Gibbet just do it and you will never regret it. We are so very thankful we did and couldn't recommend it enough.

Sent on 04/11/2019

Megan · Married on 07/20/2018

There are truly no words. The Barn at Gibbet Hill is absolutely amazing. From its scenic views to the staff - they really know what they're doing. If I could relive my reception everyday I would. The staff is so kind and genuinely care about you, your wants, needs, and expectations. The moment my husband and I stepped foot in the door we knew it was the place for us. It rustically romantic and charming. The staff is always available for guidance and assistance and the day of the wedding bend over backwards for you and your guests. Oh, and the food.. it's outstanding. You can even go over to the grill ahead of time to try it out. We are forever grateful that we got to spend our day there. It. Was. Perfect. :)

Sent on 09/06/2018
  • Whitney

Whitney · Married on 07/13/2018

Helpful and attentive venue with unbeatable scenery

We became interested in potentially using The Barn at Gibbet Hill as our wedding venue first and foremost because of the gorgeous photos that we saw online that had been taken there. We set up a visit about a year before the wedding (we got married in July 2018) and upon arrival and throughout the tour we were in awe of that fact that the landscape and the barn itself were able to exceed our expectations. The place doesn’t really need much decoration because it has so much to offer in and of itself. During our tour and discussion with a member of the sales team, we found many other reasons to fall in love with this venue. They offer an immense amount of help in coordinating your big day, as well as provide you with a list of preferred vendors to make it easy for you to find the people who will make your wedding everything want (and more, really). All of the vendors on the list looked great, and we could not have been happier with the ones we chose. In addition, most of them have worked at Gibbet Hill many times so they are familiar with the layout and the typical timeline of the wedding day. Since many of them often partner with Gibbet Hill, some will also offer you a “preferred venue” discount; anywhere you can save money on a wedding always feels nice. Not only do they make finding outside vendors easy, they cater the wedding with food freshly picked from their farm. The food they make there is delicious (not like lots of wedding food that you hear about) and you are invited to a tasting a few months before the wedding to help you make decisions about what you want on your menu. As for the wedding cake, they give you a credit for a cake made by Montilio’s Bakery. The cake was to die for (we did two tiers of their presidential cake and one of carrot cake) and looked beautiful. All in all, there really isn’t anything we would have changed about our experience here, especially the wonderful staff that made sure everything went smoothly the entire night and were attentive to anything that we needed or questions we had (both before, during and even after the wedding). You will not regret your decision to get married here, but make sure to book early because their days fill up fast!

Sent on 10/24/2018

Brittany · Married on 05/12/2018

We had a spring wedding here and the overall experience was absolutely incredible. Sara, our wedding planner was extremely responsive to emails and very helpful throughout the planning process. The staff the evening of our wedding was so kind and helpful. Our family and friends are still raving about how impressed they were with the venue and how delicious the food was. Prior to our wedding day the forecast was calling for rain. As disappointed as we were that we couldn’t have our ceremony outside, the staff did such a wonderful job of creating a beautiful ceremony indoors. At the end of the night- we wouldn’t have changed a thing and loved the ceremony inside!

Sent on 05/21/2018

Kristie · Married on 03/30/2018

Simply the best! I cannot say enough amazing things about The Barn at Gibbet Hill. From the planning to the day of delivery, everything was perfection. This venue is about as turnkey as you can get for a wedding. We just had to bring in flowers and a DJ! Everything else is included with the venue. If you haven't been to the restaurant, check that out first! The food is beyond good and all of my guests were blown away because usually wedding food is meh. Our wedding was on March 30 and we were able to enjoy the heated deck for our cocktail hour. It was nice and warm and allowed for us to have two areas for the wedding. The beverage menu is actually really upscale too...much more than the basics! Signature drinks were delicious too. Overall the Barn is very classy, well run and a great value for the money in my opinion. I hope to attend other events The Barn in the future, can't wait to go back!!!!

Sent on 04/04/2018

Hollie · Married on 02/17/2018

We absolutely loved this venue from the minute we walked in the door. It is gorgeous with rustic beams, beautiful chandeliers, and flowing hills. We had a February wedding, so everything was indoors. They have clear covers on the patio during the winter, so you still get to enjoy the outdoor space. Everything turned out beautifully. We worked with Deirdre Gonsalves, the wedding coordinator/sales director. We thought she was THE BEST. She was prompt, responsive, professional, thorough, and to the point. She made sure everything went smoothly, and my husband and I didn’t worry about a thing. There was minimal stress when it came to planning with this venue. The food & drinks were AMAZING, and it’s one of the reasons we booked this venue. We also loved having dinner at Gibbet Hill Grill following any of the on site meetings :). We definitely recommend this wedding venue!!!!

Sent on 03/27/2018

Lisa · Married on 02/03/2018

This venue is truly second to none. Not only is it unbelievably beautiful and the food outstanding, but the service was impeccable.

We had pretty high expectations for our wedding day and Sara Lin exceeded those expectations from the moment we met her. We never once felt uneasy about our plans, she was so incredibly thorough, but not in a pushy or intrusive way. Our day of bridal attendant (whose name is escaping me), was also wonderful. She was like a fairy godmother and would just magically appear to hand us snacks/drinks, really anything we needed. They were so on top of everything and even though they run hundreds of weddings a year, we felt like ours was truly unique and special. The service was unreal!

The food was also some of the best we've ever had. The portions were huge, we had hangar steak and stuffed chicken for options. Everyone loved both. We also had a few dietary restrictions and we had planned to take care of them ourselves, but Sara Lin got in contact with those guests herself and made them meals that were suitable for them. The appetizers were unbelievable and I still get comments on how good they were and how beautifully they were presented. We also got late night snacks of grilled cheese and tacos, which were unreal! The donuts (our dessert) were displayed in such a pretty way and were warm and delicious. Drinks were also delicious, I don't even think I ever went to the bar because our bridal attendant had a new drink as we were taking the last sips.

The barn itself is beautiful with minimal decorations. One of my favorite parts is the heated deck. Since our wedding was in the winter, this was such a cool space to utilize and was stunning with the view! The lofts made for the perfect place for my new husband and myself to enjoy the first few moments of marriage and the getting ready room and bathroom downstairs were perfect for the bridal party befo

Sent on 07/25/2018
  • Sarena

Sarena · Married on 09/15/2017

The only reason The Barn at Gibbet Hill is getting five stars, is because six is not an option. Beyond the Venue, which is by far the most beautiful in the area. Beyond the Food, which consistently impresses with flavor and visual appeal. They were hands down the most professional, accommodating and thoughtful bunch of people we have ever come into contact with. Too many names could be listed here. Our Wedding Coordinator, Sara Lin McCay, was wonderful. She was confident and innovative. Her direction and design were flawless. Our Bridal Attendant was sensational. She made us both feel like we were the most important people on the planet, for five straight hours. She was selflessly thoughtful and we could never thank her enough.

Simply put. We felt nothing less than royalty. They were amazing!

Sent on 10/20/2017

Liz · Married on 08/17/2017

You know the saying "something always goes wrong on your wedding day?" Well, it's simply not possible if you choose this venue. My husband and I were BLOWN AWAY by the attentiveness of the Gibbet Hill's staff. Andrea, Jill and Deirdre catered to our every need, and our guests every need. My father-in-law has ulcertive colitis, so he's severely limited in what he can eat. The Barn not only accommodated for his dietary needs, but they made sure to continue to check on him throughout the night to ensure he was satisfied. The Barn makes getting married and planning for a ceremony & reception EASY. They truly do it ALL for you. As the bride, I didn't have to worry about a thing. I didn't once have to think if everyone was in the right place at the right time, when we should cut the cake, etc. Everything was taken care of us by our amazing event staff, Andrea, Deirdre and Jill. On behalf of my husband and I, I want to thank all of you for making us feel like Kings and Queens and helping us put on a beautiful wedding. If you're looking for a wedding venue to celebrate the biggest day of your life, look no further than the Barn! 10/10 would recommend!

Sent on 08/19/2017

Jen · Married on 04/02/2017

My son was married on April 2 at the Barn at Gibbet Hill. The staff is exceptional. The food was outstanding and served absolutely piping hot. Our guests commented this was the best wedding venue they had ever been to.

Sent on 05/04/2017

Catherine · Married on 04/01/2017

The team at The Barn is THE BEST! The killed it with our wedding day - making everything seamless, beautiful and perfect. All of our guests fell in love with the venue and decided they wanted us to do an annual wedding there :P Such a gem in Groton.

Sent on 04/12/2017

Heather · Married on 01/13/2017

Oh my gosh, where to start! Deirdre and her team at GH made our wedding day beyond perfect! Not only did Deirdre align with me daily regarding every single detail she also answered every single question I sent her way. The Barn was absolutely gorgeous for our Friday the 13th wedding and we cannot thank her and the staff there enough.

Sent on 01/23/2017

Sarah · Married on 11/06/2016

My wedding at Gibbet Hill was back in November... and it was everything I could have ever hoped it to possibly be. My coordinator Sara was professional, flexible and so helpful leading up to and also, the day of! As far as I know, everything went off without a hitch... if there had been any type of flaw, it was handled without me even knowing. The entire day was carefree and beautiful.

The barn itself is stunning... and the crew there did an amazing job of decorating it with the items I had brought, everything was handled with such care. The food was hot and delicious... my guests still compliment me, even to this day about the food and the wedding overall. The Barn at Gibbet Hill was worth every cent we paid... I cannot say enough about this venue, its staff and everything in-between! Thank you!

Sent on 01/30/2017

Nathan · Married on 11/05/2016

Go meet them in person and tell them what you want--they'll cater to any way you want your day to shape up and won't try to nickel and dime you. Also consider a daytime reception. The minimum costs are much lower and they throw in a bunch of extras (centerpieces, runners, games, table numbers, etc.) for free. We had our rehearsal dinner at the Grill on site as well. Rental fee was waived because our reception was at the barn and they opened early just for our party.

Sent on 11/12/2016

Bob · Married on 10/08/2016

My wife and I held our rehearsal dinner at Gibbet Hill in Oct 2016. We live in Cambridge and didn't know the area very well so we did a lot of research and Gibbet Hill was one of the top 2-3 venues we found online, and definitely lived up to expectations. We had just over 20 people in their upstairs space, which was perfectly sized for mingling and a cocktail hour, as well as two long tables for dinner. The space is rustic, very handsome, and nicely appointed, we didn't feel the need to decorate at all.

The food was exceptional too, we had been to eat previously and it was real good, but the food at the rehearsal was exquisite. The seasonal soup in particular was noteworthy to me and the mains were also delicious. Service was solid and everyone had plenty of drinks and food. There were multiple comments about how great the food was from guests.

We scheduled and coordinated with Ashley, who was very easy to work with. We had a lot of other vendors who were total flakes that caused us much anxiety, but Ashley and Gibbet were fantastic partners. 5 out of 5, which really can't be underestimated imo.

Bottom line: Gibbet Hill is excellent. If it's on your list and you're considering, it save yourself some time and just book it.

Bob

Sent on 10/15/2016

Santi · Married on 09/24/2016

We mostly worked with Deirdre to fine tune our wedding budget. Deirdre was efficient and professional, and truly a pleasure to work with. Since we were on a tighter budget, we did a Saturday morning wedding, which we did not regret as the minimum spend was much lower than Saturday evening wedding. Deirdre never showed any less respect for us doing a morning rather than evening wedding. On the wedding day, everyone in the wedding coordinating team worked together to make sure our wedding went as smoothly as possible, we truly appreciate the team work exhibited by the Gibbet Hill Team. The wedding ceremony and reception went as smoothly as one could ask, and we truly enjoyed every second of it! Thank you Kim for making sure I ate! The Barn was so well maintained and photogenic, we truly picked the right place for our wedding. We can't wait to go back to the Gibbet Hill restaurant to enjoy our complimentary anniversary dinner!

Sent on 10/11/2016

Lauren · Married on 08/27/2016

Where do I begin! The barn at Gibbet hill had us hooked the minute we walked in. It has beautiful rustic charm and is beautiful inside and out. The staff is absolutely phenomenal. We worked with Deirdre and she was absolutely amazing! She was so on top of everything and helped us organize every tiny detail the days leading up to our wedding. The day of the wedding Deirdre and her team had the place going like a well oiled machine. We had our own server Emily who was lovely and made sure we actually sat down to eat all of the amazingly delicious food. All of our guests were raving about the food and the service the barn provided. And to top it all off, it is the most gorgeous setting. I can't say enough about this place and the staff here. If you can afford to get married here, do it! You will not regret it!

Sent on 09/22/2016

We had the wedding of our dreams at Gibbet Hill. They were so accommodating and attentive to details. The barn was beautiful and clean. The grounds were well kept for our outside weddings. All of the food allergies were well tended to. Food was amazing!!! The day was flawless and they made the day run very smoothly!

Sent on 12/06/2016

ANN MARIE · Married on 06/18/2016

Our daughter's wedding was held at The Barn on Father's Day weekend. We had booked it back in August 2014. The staff and the venue itself are outstanding. Every aspect of the planning and the wedding itself exceeded our expectations. Our experience with Sara Z, who was our very first contact at The Barn and who handled our wedding including being on site the day of. Sara was responsive, smart and so pleasant !!!!! The planning process was so easy using all the tools she creates for you, you cannot help but be organized. The entire staff, specifically Sandra and Stefanie, who took care of us personal, the day of the wedding. Sandra was so awesome at the end of the night I told her I wanted to take her home and just gave her the biggest hug and she hugged right back, what a sweetheart to have next to you on such an important day, this was my first wedding and I was very happy to have Sandra with me :). Stefanie, took care of our bride, also named Stephanie! Very professional, pleasant and warm. They are really in the right business. The wait staff and house staff, were really personable lovely people who did a great job They received a lot of compliments from our guests, and I have to agree, they were so on top of things and just so happy to be there ! This staff is doing what they love, they do not appear as though they are working. Even at the end of the night helping us load the buses, they were all smiling and happy !!! Just outstanding, exceeded our expectations, from the food, the drinks, to the venue, to the staff. I cannot express my gratitude and the exceptional experience enough. My heart was so light and so happy the next day, I felt like it would leap out of my chest! The Barn was the only venue our daughter and her husband wanted to look at in person, and we signed the day we went! Best decision we ever made. You will all forever be a special part of our memories of this special day. Warmest Regards, Ann Marie Douglass

Sent on 06/30/2016

Ashley · Married on 06/11/2016

For anyone looking to book the BEST venue for their wedding they must, must, must contact The Barn! Our wedding coordinator Deirdre was AMAZING!

Sent on 07/05/2016

Daniel · Married on 03/20/2016

The barn was great to deal with for our wedding. We loved the venue and luckily were able to fit them into our budget by booking a Sunday wedding at the very end of their off season. For us it was totally worth it to get a venue we loved. Our wedding planner helped us plan everything out, which was especially helpful since we moved across the country halfway through our engagement. They even helped up schedule a tasting for a date we were in town, which was very helpful so we didn't have to spend extra to come in another weekend. Their package was very reasonable, considering the appetizers, tables, chairs, linens, and 4 course meal were all included. They also included the wedding cake! The only things we had to pay extra for were the additional hour for the ceremony (we had a Jewish ceremony on site, and they were very accommodating of the Chuppah we brought early) and of course alcohol. And the food was amazing, including all of the appetizers. All of our guests would not stop raving about the food and how great the venue was, so we could not be happier with how it turned out at the barn!

Sent on 04/21/2016