Balch Hotel

40 Heimrich St, Dufur, OR 97021 Map · Phone number
  • Photos & Videos 16
  • Pricing

About Balch Hotel

Experience the elegance of our vintage 1907 hotel where our beautifully landscaped grounds provide a romantic setting for your special occasion.

The Historic Balch Hotel offers you a truly unique wedding experience. Our 18-room vintage hotel is nestled in a small town just 15 south of The Dalles, or just 1 hour 45 minutes from Portland with plenty of sunny, windless days to make your wedding weather worry free!

Treat your guests to a beautifully unique day. We are perfect for your destination or day wedding. Our elegantly landscaped grounds are versatile and adaptable for your celebration. Mature pine and fir trees, a soothing pond and waterfall, and our beautiful flagstone patio offer a romantic evening outdoors, whether dancing or enjoying appetizers.

Your guests may stay in comfortable rooms that hearken back to the Victorian era, with antique furnishings that are warm and bright. Guests will awaken the next morning to a breakfast as memorable as your ceremony! We'll pamper you and your guests. Experience the sunny side of Oregon and excellent hospitality!

With well over 300 days of sunshine a year, your event is sure to be a hit! Call or email today to find out more information and schedule your appointment! Samantha@BalchHotel.com 541.467.2277

Wedding make up artist
Menu

• Videos 1

2 Reviews for Balch Hotel

Alicia · Married on 10/18/2012

After visiting several venues during a trip to OR for my destination wedding, I found the Balch Hotel through an online search. My husband and I live out of state, and so we weren't able to visit the Balch in person prior booking, but after speaking with Samantha over the phone, I knew this was where we would be married. From that moment forward, I obviously had many exchanges with Samantha, as I was planning from out of state. Each time I needed to speak with her, she was quick to reapond, polite, kind, and incredibly thoughtful. By the time my wedding day arrived, I felt as though I was having my wedding at a dear friends venue. Samantha was there to wish me well, give me a hug, and make certain that we had everything we needed.
    In addition to the excellent service I received, the venue itself is absolutely stunning. From the gorgoeus chandeliers in the lobby, to the view of Mt. Hood, and the immaculately manicured lawn to the charming guest rooms, this venue is amazing. My guests were blown away by the beauty of Hotel, and it made for the most unforgettable, personal, and magical day I will never forget. Thank you Samantha and Mari-Beth for an outstanding day, I look forward to visiting you both in the future.

Sent on 02/26/2013

Alicia · Married on 09/12/2009

An old black and white picture of the Balch Hotel enticed my fiancé and me to make a trip to Dufur and check it out as a possible venue for our September 2009 wedding. Little did we know that we would fall in love with the character and charm of this 1907 hotel as well as find life long friends in the owners, Jeff and Samantha Irwin. We immediately knew The Balch Hotel was exactly the place for our wedding, due to its warm atmosphere and great views of Mt. Hood. Over the next year we stayed at The Balch Hotel occasionally and developed a friendship with Samantha and Jeff via cribbage, competitive sports stories, food, and the love for all things old.

Our wedding gave us a chance to stay with family and friends as the hotel encourages you to mingle in common rooms. Samantha and Jeff greeted each of our family members as their own. We could not have asked for more compassionate people to assist us with our wedding. The colors of the grounds with the contrast of the brick building provided the perfect canvas for a wedding celebration. Our families could not stop complementing us on our choice of the hotel as well as the wonderful hostesses, Samantha and Jeff. It will be remembered by all of our family and friends as a spectacular weekend.

Sent on 01/22/2010

Balch Hotel Pricing

Balch Hotel Price Rates

Balch Hotel FAQ

• Do you have a site fee for wedding receptions at your venue? Yes
  • What is the starting site fee for wedding receptions during peak season? $ 3,350.00
  • What is the starting site fee for wedding receptions during off-peak season? $ 2,550.00
  • Do you have a site fee for wedding ceremonies at your venue? Yes
  • What is the starting site fee for wedding ceremonies during peak season? $ 1,700.00
  • What is the starting site fee for wedding ceremonies during off-peak season? $ 1,000.00
  • Which of the following are included in starting site fee? Bridal Suite, Chairs, Parking, Set Up, Tables
  • Which of the following are included in the cost of wedding catering? Server(s)
  • What is the starting price per person for bar service? $ 5.00
  • What is the maximum capacity of your venue? 300
  • What is the minimum number of guests required to book your venue? 2
  • How many event spaces or rooms does your venue offer? 2
  • Describe your venue: Historic Building, Hotel, Inn/B&B
  • What kind of settings are available? Indoor, Uncovered Outdoor, Scenic Views
  • What event services do you offer? Accommodations, All Inclusive Packages, Bar Services, Catering Services, Clean Up, Event Rentals, Get Ready Rooms, Liability Insurance, Preferred Vendors Only, Set Up, Wifi
  • What catering services do you offer? Buffet, Dessert, Family Style, Hors d'oeuvres, Outside Cake, Plated, Server(s), Stations, Tastings
  • What bar services do you provide? Bartender(s), Cash Bar, Champagne Toast, House Beer, House Wine, Limited Bar, Outside Alcohol, Specialty Beer, Specialty Wine
  • What event items are available? Altar/Arch, Chairs, Tables
  • What transportation and access is available? Parking, Shuttle
  • What months are included in your peak season? June, July, August, September
  • What months are included in your off-peak season? January, February, March, April, May, October, November, December

• sikora photography
    sikora photography Wedding Photographers

Just photographed a wedding at the Balch Hotel. Amazing property, great staff! I love the historic feel to it, everything seems to be a beautiful backdrop to the pictures, from the ceremony site to the hotel lobby, photographer's delight. Great ambiance!

• Gorge-Us Photography
    Gorge-Us Photography Wedding Photographers

The Balch Hotel is a lovely setting for your wedding. This historic hotel is wonderfully cared for and there's so many wonderful opportunities for beautiful pictures! If you are considering getting married in the Gorge, be sure to take a look at the Balch Hotel!

• Stumptown DJs
    Stumptown DJs Wedding DJs

This is a very nice venue for a couple that wants an amazing view of Mt. Hood and something that is away hustle and bustle of the city. The staff here is very helpful and easy to work with. We have Dj'd 4 weddings here in the past and we only hope to do more.

• 40 Heimrich St Dufur, 97021 See on map