Aviva Sala - Wedding Officiant

Aviva Sala - Wedding Officiant

Nearby Vendors to Consider

About Aviva Sala - Wedding Officiant

Your ceremony shouldn't be the boring part people have to sit through in order to get to the party!

Congratulations, happy couples!  Your wedding ceremony should be all about you, and have your personalities shine throughout your ceremony. I have worked with couples who prefer everything from traditional styles to those who consider themselves to be fun and out-of-the-box. Wedding ceremonies can range from religious to spiritual to secular... Whatever you choose, I promise that your ceremony will be serious in the right moments, light-hearted in others, yet warm and heart-felt throughout. There are many pre-written ceremonies to select or mix-and-match, or you can opt for me to write a personalized, custom ceremony that spins your love story into your ceremony, from opening words to the closing pronouncement. It's all up to you! Tell me how you envision your day, and together we will bring it to life! In my opinion, your ceremony IS your wedding, and everything else celebrates what we accomplish together, so let's create a meaningful experience not just for you, but for your guests as well.

I was trained and ordained by Pastor April Gismondi, of the Church of Ancient Ways. I am also a Clinical Social Worker. My professional and life experience give me the ability to tap into people's innermost thoughts and feelings about this most intimate of human experiences and find the words to describe them. It's my job to spin your words and story into a lovely sentiment.

I also offer pre and post marital counseling, which is insurance reimbursable.

Categories: Wedding Officiant

Single Religion (1)
Interfaith Ceremony (1)
Episcopalian (1)
Jewish (1)

My husband's sister got married back in December 2015 and hired Aviva Sala to conduct her ceremony. We thought she did a fantastic job, and decided to use her for our own wedding in November 2017. We met with her over the summer to discuss details on our ceremony for about an hour and half. She was very thorough - asked us questions on how we met, our personalities, things we looked for in each other, etc. - and she was able to put it all together in a very personalized ceremony. Her voice is kind, warm, and soothing. The way she told our love story during the ceremony was perfect - she paused right before the punch line, and the guests went wild! We also had a sand ceremony before we exchanged vows, and my sand was not pouring gracefully out of the bottle and got stucked - but Aviva played it off so casually, no one noticed the hiccup. Aviva did an amazing job at our wedding, and I couldn't have asked for a better ceremony! She is very accommodating, listens, and delivers exceptional service!

Profile Picture Amy, 11/19/17, 1 Review
Category: Officiant

Aviva was amazing! However, my review would not be complete without mentioning what many guests have said to both my husband and I after the ceremony. "Your officiant was so wonderful to listen to." "She had a soothing voice and her words made me really emotional." These were just a couple of things that we were told by various guests. Aviva was a wonderful officiant to have. She was straight and to the point and made things easy for us to remember when it came time to say all of the necessary and legal phrases in order for us to be legally married. Her words during the ceremony made many of our wedding guests emotional because they truly felt that she understood us as a couple. The irony of this is that we, unfortunately, were never able to meet with Aviva prior to the ceremony. As residents of Maryland, we had to do most of our wedding planning from a few states away, including talking with Aviva and communicating with her what type of ceremony we wanted. She was absolutely a pleasure to work with and she made the whole ceremony aspect of the wedding a breeze. My husband and I would highly recommend her for your officiating needs. Thank you so much Aviva for helping to make our wedding so memorable!

Profile Picture Beth, 11/18/17, 6 Reviews
Services Used: Licensed, No Denomination, Non-religious

Aviva was amazing for our wedding ceremony !! When we met with her for the first time I knew I wanted her to perform our ceremony , she took the time to get to know us and how we got together and she wrote a beautiful ceremony !! Couldn't have asked for a better person to perform our ceremony , my guests are still talking about how great she was and how much they enjoyed our ceremony !!

Profile Picture Jen , 10/28/17, 5 Reviews