350 N. Ogden Ave, Ste. 220, Chicago, IL 60607 Map · Phone number

About Artisan Events

We are photographers, designers, and bookbinders working together to celebrate your story.

Founded and guided by award-winning photographic artist, Amanda Sudimack, the studio has evolved over the past 15 years. Creating beautiful, timeless art has always been our focus — art informs everything we do. We are inspired to create natural, artful images for our clients designed in handcrafted books & albums you can't find anywhere else. We create and produce our own proprietary lines of albums because every detail counts. The scope of our bookbinding and design services has expanded in recent years to include Family Archive and design projects for prominent families, organizations, and past wedding clients all over the country.

We believe in many things-our clients, great composition, art, rapport, journalism, the moment, our reputation, and your experience. We believe in great design, in-sourcing, collaboration, and fine materials. We covet handmade papers and bookbinding. Whatever capacity you choose to work with us, we deliver work we're proud to create.

Our team is honored to capture your moment and help you tell your story-with honesty, respect, and exceptional professionalism. We love what we do.

Follow Artisan Events on

Artisan Events 5
Artisan Events 6
Artisan Events 7

Rosalee · Married on 08/10/2019

Great photos; lovely to work with

I found AE when we went to other wedding venues and came across their photos, and I thought they were so beautiful. What initially drew me to them is that they seemed to be comfortable shooting outdoors, and with our wedding being an outdoor wedding, I knew I needed someone who would be able to capture the space. And they did, beautifully. Ashley, our lead photographer, took our engagement photos and they turned out beautifully; so much so that my boss saw a photo at work and asked who the attractive couple was in that photo! (I let her know we have a really good photographer!) On the day of the wedding, Ashley took great control and worked really well with our videographer, for whom we used a different company. She captured these great “in between” moments, as did her second, who took photos of the groomsmen. Ashley also checked in with me when we were having an issue with a pushy relative to ensure whether or not I wanted her time spent in that way, which I really appreciated. We just received our photos and I can’t stop looking at them, they are so gorgeous. Their coordinator, Cindy, is great as well. Her and I went through their photo form, which ensured that I would get the photos that I wanted and none of the ones I didn’t. Cindy is also so great about returning correspondence, and setting up meetings which seems small, but when you’re staring down the barrel of a big wedding, a simple returned email can be so relieving. Highly recommend Artisan Events!

Sent on 09/04/2019

Amanda Bird · Married on 07/27/2019

Great Chicago Photography Company!

We found Artisan Events on the Knot website while planning our summer Chicago wedding and I am so glad we did! We interviewed a few different photography companies in the city prior to meeting Artisan, specifically Cindy, and we were sold! We are so impressed with their professionalism and timeliness with our planning, and our photographers were phenomenal the day of. They worked with my husband and I, as well as our wedding planner, to make sure we felt prepared and set for our day. They were organized, professional, and very talented. We are so happy with our product, our pictures are beautiful, and we highly recommend you utilize this company!

Sent on 09/16/2019
  • Harry

Harry Larson · Married on 06/22/2019

Such beautiful photos and video (and a wonderful time taking them!)

We used Artisan Events for our sangeet and wedding. It's hard to describe how happy we were with that choice. The photography (AJ and John at the wedding, Christine at the sangeet) was so beautifully done, capturing us (and our family & friends) in ways that were simultaneously totally natural but also reflected the special nature of the day and ceremony. We can't stop looking at them. Same goes for the highlight video, which we've been re-watching more or less constantly. And, almost as important, everyone we worked with from Artisan was so skillful at making what could be a bit of an overwhelming two days feel calm and joyous. My wife and I never needed to worry about anything, and we actually just had so much fun doing the photographs. A special shout-out to AJ here who, besides being a real artist, was so good at keeping us calm and continuously in the (very happy!) present throughout the day and evening.

Sent on 08/12/2019
    Artisan Events 8

Artisan Events FAQ

• What is the starting price for your wedding photography services? $ 1,900.00
  • Which of the following are included in the starting price? Multi. Locations, One Event / Day, Albums, Proofs
  • What is the price of your most popular wedding package? $ 2,900.00
  • Which of the following are included in the price of your most popular wedding package? 2nd Shooter, Add'l Hours, Multi. Locations, Albums, Flush Mount, Prints, Proofs
  • What primary photographic style do you identify with? Film, Natural, Photojournalism, Traditional
  • What photography services do you offer? Additional Hours, Custom Graphics, Destination / Travel, Engagement Shoot, High-Res Images, Liability Insurance, Multi. Locations, One Event / Day, Second Shooter, Slideshow, Video

• Lake Forest Flowers
    Lake Forest Flowers Wedding Florists

Artisan Events captures your wedding day through a "story" of images. From details, to candids, to formal poses - they make sure that your day will be remembered. It is so great knowing you have reliable and professional vendors to work with and that's why we love Artisan.

• Tic-Tac-Tag
    Tic-Tac-Tag Photo Booths

We have known Amanda S. for over a decade now and the quality of her photos and the talent of her team only get better and better. Artisan Events has a great group of photographers and editors that have a mission to make sure that your special day is captured and presented the best way possible. We definitely endorse Artisan Events for what they do—if you are in need of a photographer for your special day we definitely recommend Artisan Events.

• Effortless Events
    Effortless Events Wedding Planners

Artisan Events is one of our favorite photography companies in the Chicago-land area. They have photographers at multiple levels, allowing you to choose which price level/package works best for the client. They are fast at responding, creative with picture styles, and their overall pictures always come out. We would recommend them to anyone!

• 350 N. Ogden Ave, Ste. 220 Chicago, 60607 See on map
    8772279333 (2) (Phone number)
    7732489333 (Other Phone Number)
    By appointment only