100 Aquarium Way, Long Beach, CA 90802 Map · Phone number · Visit website
  • Photos & Videos 75

About Aquarium of the Pacific

Aquarium of the Pacific is a stunning wedding venue located in Long Beach, California. The waterfront facility is a unique and exciting space in which to hold your celebration. The on-site team has a passion for details, and works hard during every wedding to seamlessly transform the venue into whatever the couple has envisioned. Holding your event in an aquarium offers countless photo opportunities for both you and your guests alike. Whether you choose to hold the ceremony with a natural ocean backdrop or before a tank filled with creatures, your evening is sure to be unforgettable.

Facilities and Capacity
There are five different event spaces to choose from at Aquarium of the Pacific, both indoor and uncovered outdoor. The venue can accommodate anywhere from 100 to 1,000 guests, depending on your personal preference. You are welcome to select from a variety of add-ons to allow your guests to explore the aquarium throughout your event as well. Aquarium of the Pacific is wheelchair accessible, and parking is available for all guests.

Aquarium of the Pacific can host a variety of wedding events, including your ceremony, reception, engagement party, and bridal shower. Upon booking the facility, you will receive four-hour rental for your wedding day, and a personalized Aquarium of the Pacific event ticket. The on-site professional serving staff is happy to cut your cake, and provide a complimentary champagne toast. They can also assist with set up and clean up so you and your loved ones have less to worry about. Seating, tables, linens, and chairs for up to 200 guests are available, as well as china, glassware, and flatware. The facility can also provide lighting and a dance floor.

Follow Aquarium of the Pacific on

Aquarium of the Pacific 6
Aquarium of the Pacific 7
  • Marielle

Marielle Ang · Married on 04/28/2019

Overall amazing, 10/10 would do again (as a guest next time, not bride)

I can't even begin to describe how amazing it is. If you and your SO love the beach, fish, or just a nautical theme, then the Aquarium of the Pacific is a PERFECT venue. One of the first things my now-husband and I started talking about before we dated was aquariums we had/have. So 4 years later, when the topic of wedding venues came up, we thought of the Aquarium of the Pacific. It's unique, has a built-in entertainment for guests (they can view the exhibits between ceremony and reception), and perfectly suited to both our tastes and interests.

Cristen Flores, their catering sales manager, is professional, easy to work with, and simply amazing! I know the Aquarium is constantly busy with events, especially over the weekend, and yet she still manages to respond promptly to emails. Some weekends might take a little longer to get a response, but never long enough to be concerning. I am honestly impressed how she stays on top of everything, given how busy they are.

The main possible cons that I can see affecting others are few and far in-between. Even then, they're only drawbacks depending on your individual budget and priorities.

- One is that they do require you to at least have a wedding coordinator for the day of the wedding. Even if you plan it yourself like I did, a wedding coordinator has been a lifesaver for our wedding. I would recommend one of their preferred coordinator/planner, Monique Provance, if you can include that in the budget. Her help has been invaluable.

- You can only use their in-house catering. If you are set on a particular caterer, you would have to choose between them or this venue. For us, we really wanted this venue so we were fine with using their catering. Everything was delicious, so we have no regrets ourselves. Also because of this, I would totally recommend the venue to any of my friends getting married. None of that "I don't want them to copy my venue," since I would totally love to eat their food again!

- They only have 1 scheduled group tasting per year. If your wedding is between this year's and next year's tasting, you get scheduled to go to someone else's event and try their food. This is what we were most concerned about, since we had plated meals and everyone was asking us what we were serving, and we didn't know for the longest time. However, once we did have the food tasting, it was simply delicious! We got to try that particular event's food choice, and it did make me regret (just a little) that we couldn't do a group tasting and try other things on their menu. I kinda wish they had at least 2 tastings per year, or even a seasonal one (spring, summer, fall, winter).

- Lastly, there was a mild hiccup during my wedding when one of the volunteers almost didn't want to let me in early to take photos (as I was in full wedding dress, hair, and makeup). Thankfully it got fixed pretty quick, but I just think it shouldn't have happened. It just sucked a little that my parents couldn't get in early either, but at least we got them in before the procession started too.

Sent on 05/04/2019
    Aquarium of the Pacific 8
    Aquarium of the Pacific 9
    Aquarium of the Pacific 10
    Aquarium of the Pacific 11

Alisha · Married on 11/11/2018

Best day ever!

The perfect venue. I couldnt have asked for a better wedding. The food was simply amazing! The service was perfect. I had a smile on my face the entire night. Tamera is a pleasure to work with. I had no stress during all of the planning thanks to the amazing staff! Many guests told me it was a wedding they will never forget. I would highly recommend the aquarium for your special day.

Sent on 11/29/2018

Aquarium of the Pacific FAQ

• Do you have a site fee for wedding receptions at your venue? Yes
  • What is the starting site fee for wedding receptions during peak season? $ 16,000.00
  • What is the starting site fee for wedding receptions during off-peak season? $ 15,000.00
  • Do you have a site fee for wedding ceremonies at your venue? Yes
  • What is the starting site fee for wedding ceremonies during peak season? $ 1,000.00
  • What is the starting site fee for wedding ceremonies during off-peak season? $ 750.00
  • Which of the following are included in starting site fee? Chairs, China, Clean Up, Flatware, Glassware, Linens, Set Up, Tables
  • What is the starting price per person for bar service? $ 15.00
  • Which of the following are included in the starting price for bar service? Champagne Toast, Limited Bar
  • How many event spaces or rooms does your venue offer? 5
  • Describe your venue: Banquet Hall, Museum, Park
  • What kind of settings are available? Indoor, Uncovered Outdoor
  • What event services do you offer? Event Rentals, Lighting / Sound
  • What event items are available? Chairs, Dance Floor, Lighting, Tables
  • What food and beverage items are available? China, Linens
  • What transportation and access is available? Parking, Wheelchair Access
  • What months are included in your peak season? May, June, September, October, December
  • What months are included in your off-peak season? January, February, March, April, July, August, November

• Eclectic Vows
    Eclectic Vows Wedding Officiants

I have worked at the Aquarium of the Pacific on numerous occasions as a wedding officiant and I have always found the staff and venue to be easy to work with and friendly. They convert the aquarium to a wedding wonderland within an amazingly proficient time frame and everyone there is professional, helpful and courteous......it's always a delight to be there!! I highly recommend them as one of my favorite venues of choice! Please feel free to call me with any questions you may have. Warmly, Loreen Saldaña Eclectic Vows Officiant, Consultant, Reverend <a href="tel:572-787-8989">572-787-8989</a>

• 100 Aquarium Way Long Beach, CA, 90802 See on map