Nearby Vendors to Consider

Sample Gowns (1)
Undergarments (1)
Veils (1)

3.6

I am writing this review with honesty and a little bit of tough love. As a sales person who deals with customer service every day AND as a consumer, I must share the pros and cons of my experience at Annapolis Formal. I contacted the shop and Flavia quickly communicated with me - wonderful responsiveness and flexibility right off the bat. The weekend I wanted to come in with my bridesmaids, she was going to be in a bridal show but she said she would open up Sunday Morning for me - which I really appreciated. Upon arriving, she was helping another customer, so it was good to know she had other appointments that day and not just us. We looked at gorgeous Bill Levkoff dresses and she was very helpful with her suggestions and getting the girls fitted. This was the first place we looked for dresses, but I had done some price research online. When Flavia told us the prices, my girls and I had a bit of sticker shock - we were expecting about $100 less per dress. I told Flavia that I was appreciative she opened the shop and definitely would love to give her business but the cost was just much higher than we had anticipated. She did offer a slight discount. In fear of losing the biz, Flavia made some comments that made myself and my bridesmaids feel uncomfortable. She told us that she opened the shop for us and expressed discontent that we were considering not buying. I work in sales - this is an absolute no no. I thought it was extremely rude and awkward but I told the ladies that if they wanted to buy the dress here, I'd love to give Flavia some business. Half of the girls purchased dresses there, the other half found them elsewhere. From ordering to pickup, everything else was friendly and professional. But I have to be honest - just because you "opened your doors for us" does not mean you are guaranteed the business. That's life and that's business. Again, happy I could give you some sales but truly hope this is no one else's experience in the future.

Profile Picture Kerry, 12/2/17, 12 Reviews
Services Used: Bridesmaids

I am SO glad that I found Annapolis Formal and Tuxedo. My wedding dress was not an easy one to alter- I needed the top taken in a LOT, I wanted the neckline to be turned into a sweetheart, and the whole thing was covered in beads and lace. Dora is amazing. She was patient and careful and the dress came out perfectly. They also have a beautiful selection of accessories- I found my veil and a stunning flower/feather hairpiece (both VERY reasonably priced). Dora and Flavia are so kind and they made the entire experience easy and stress-free.

Profile Picture Kate, 5/6/17, 6 Reviews
Category: Dress & Attire

Dora did an amazing job altering my wedding dress!! She was able to alter it to exactly what I wanted and it looked amazing!! She didn't rush me during my appointments and was able to make it fit perfectly! She was highly recommended by another bridal salon in Annapolis, and she didn't disappoint! Much love and thanks Dora and Flavia for helping me to have the wedding dress of my dreams!!

Profile Picture Carly, 4/22/17, 8 Reviews