7251 Eden Brook Drive, Columbia, MD 21046 Map · Phone number

About Amherst House - Kings Contrivance

The 4300 square-foot building contains a large, gracious reception area with a soaring brick fireplace and comfortable furnishings. The carpeted Macgill Room is furnished with a 10-foot conference table and 8 high-backed conference chairs. It is perfect for meetings or conferences and may be used in combination with the larger Huntington Room when the pocket doors are open, offering you more space. The focal point of the Huntington Room is the high brick and glass wall which provides a lovely outdoor view. The floor is perfect for dancing and parties. Glass doors lead to a spacious and beautifully landscaped patio that is bordered by trellises and lighted at night. Adjacent to the Macgill and Huntington rooms is a compact, fully equipped kitchen. Maximum building capacity is 100 people.

• La Cuchara
  • Admiral Fell Inn
  • The Reserve at Two Rivers
amherst house front 1
Wedding cake
Wedding cake
amherst house front 1

3 Reviews for Amherst House - Kings Contrivance

Read the review by Jennifer, she sums it up well. We had our ceremony on the back patio and our reception indoors. There are two rooms you can rent and we got both - one was for the eating part and the other had the buffet and drinks in it. We had about 50 people as well. The only downside was that the staff member who was supposed to be there the day of our wedding got there a bit late, and was a little pushy about getting us out at the end (though I can respect that). Make sure to check out the chairs too - I got chair covers because I didn't love them. They were in great shape, just not my look. Otherwise I really liked it and would recommend it.

Sent on 10/30/2014

Jennifer · Married on 10/13/2013

2.5

The Amherst House is a community associate house located in King's Contrivance Village Shopping Center. It was a fantastic find in terms of location, price, and space! The rental literally was at most half of what I would have spent going anywhere else for a wedding. I was able to rent the entire building for only $75/hour plus a $200 security deposit which I got back only 3 days after my wedding. The only downside is that you can't hang any decorations on the cream-colored walls or get into the venue ahead of time to set up things. It is required to give them a detailed layout a few weeks prior to the event and I have to say that they set up everything exactly how we wanted and it looked beautiful! I would highly recommend this venue for smaller weddings since you can only fit 7 round tables in the main ballroom (which is 70 people max). I had about 55 and it wasn't crowded at all. No red wine or rose petals allowed.

Sent on 10/28/2013
  • U

Unknown · Married on 09/06/2018

1.8
      3.0
      3.0
      1.0

Poor work ethics and very unprofessional

The venue is very nice I must say that but the people that work here is very unprofessional.. I had an event here and the lady that worked my event was very rude to my guest and it ruined my night.. She act like she was afraid of my guest and was telling my guest that I need to hurry up and clean up or she will charge me extra.. Did I mention she put a broom in my hand and told me to clean up.. I felt like I was treated very unfairly .. To have a special moment Their and for it to be ruined by the staff is not a god feeling.. To sum it up after my event I called the president of the venue and she had an nonchalant attuide about the situation.. I called her several times she answered the first day was suppose to get back too me about the situation never got back to me.. She basically took up for her staff and she had a rude perspective as well.. As a president you don’t tell a costumer I have to talk to a manager to handle the situation.. You don’t tell a costumer I never heard of my staff doing that.. She told me she would get back too me she never did I kept calling her and calling her.. If you looking to have a wedding or special event here don’t have it you will be followed around like a child during your whole party. you will be mistreated and so will your guests.. I Have never been treated like this and some of my guests who attended my party was planning on having their wedding here and they have now Cancled.... The staff takes up for one another and it’s really frustrating how I Was was mistreated ... The price is nice the venue is beautiful but the staff is rude it’s not worth messing up your special event... Any time the PRESIDENT of the venue is nasty as well that become a promblem .. please don’t rent from them...

Sent on 10/24/2018

Amherst House - Kings Contrivance FAQ

• Do you have a site fee for wedding receptions at your venue?
  • Do you have a site fee for wedding ceremonies at your venue?
  • What is the starting site fee for wedding ceremonies during off-peak season?
    $ 500.00
  • Which of the following are included in starting site fee?
    Chairs
    Parking
    Tables
  • How many event spaces or rooms does your venue offer?
  • Describe your venue:
    Banquet Hall
  • What kind of settings are available?
    Indoor
    Uncovered Outdoor
  • Which of the following wedding events does your venue service?
    Ceremony
    Bridal Shower
    Engagement Party
  • What event services do you offer?
    Event Rentals
  • What event items are available?
    Chairs
    Dance Floor
    Tables
  • What transportation and access is available?
    Parking

• 7251 Eden Brook Drive Columbia, MD, 21046 See on map
    4103819600 (Phone number)
    Location of (Amherst House - Kings Contrivance)