New York, New York, NY 10034 Map · Phone number
  • Pricing

About AJL Studio

Hello!

Alex here, owner and lead photographer of AJL Studio. Hello! I’m a Hudson Valley based wedding photographer, but I love shooting love stories in new York City, the tri-state areas, and if someone asked me to shoot their elopement on top of some crazy beautiful mountain peak in New Zealand I probably wouldn’t complain.I have loved cameras since my parents got me a old Canon 35mm for me back when digital was still being made fun of as the new kid in town. I pursued theater in college, and did a stint as a legit NYC barista and bartender, worked in commercial production, and held down a few other gigs - all with a camera by my side. That’s when I realized my true passion was behind the camera as a professional love story photojournalist. Weddings are a party. Some say, so I’m told, your wedding could quite possibly be the best day of your life ;) I love working with couples that share my sentiment that this momentous day should be just a super fun party down event. I love working with brides who can laugh at their finacé because they laughed so hard they snorted beer on themselves at the cake cutting. I love a groom who has more of an opinion on what color the roses in the bud vases should be than his lady-to-be.Whether it’s elegance in a large Manhattan wedding or a boho elopement hiking through the Catskill mountains, no matter what you seek to celebrate your love story, I’d love to capture the details - the moments in between the other little moments - to document your the beginning of your story as husband and wife. And to laugh and party and dance with you all night long.Let’s celebrate by starting the conversation about your wedding photography! Cheers to you!!

AJL Studio has a number of photography services to consider. Their most popular wedding package includes additional hours, an engagement session and save the dates. With the option of a second shooter, you can be confident that every moment of your day is captured. A variety of products ranging from prints to albums are available. Other services to choose from include:

• Boudoir sessions

AJL Studio 4
AJL Studio 5
AJL Studio 6

Tatiana Li · Getting married on 07/01/2020

Best photographer to work with on the big day

My first review here on Wedding Wire goes to Alex and his team, because they he is just amazing!
    I have been working in bridal industry long enough to say that Alex is the easiest to work with and a pleasure to be around, his sense of humor kept everyone laughing, you can see he is enjoying what he does and gives it all to the couple!
    I wish every single bride of mine would have booked him, because his work is beautiful and he really gets it.
    You go, Alex!

Sent on 04/30/2019

Brian J Hopkins · Married on 01/19/2019

Alex and AJL studio should get 10 stars on a 5 star scale.

Let's get this out of the way first: Alex & AJL Studios are fantastic. He was everywhere during the wedding weekend, yet he was so unobtrusive we didn't even realize he was there. But man - the results! Such amazing, NATURAL photos. Alex has the type of personality that can blend / enhance with any group of people - even possibly stressed out brides. And as the father of the bride, I know we got a massive bang for our buck.

Alex captured so many incredible moments of the weekend and I wish he was following me around all the time, because he made me look younger and better than I have in years. Alex is the man!!

Sent on 04/13/2019
    AJL Studio 7
    AJL Studio 8
  • Claire

Claire · Married on 01/19/2019

AJL studio goes above and beyond!

My husband and I did a lot of research trying to find the right photographer for us - when we met Alex, we knew it would be a seamless experience. Alex provided a lot of ‘packages’ to choose from and worked with what our aesthetic for the wedding was going to be. Since we got engaged and then married in 6 months, we did not want to do engagement photos, so Alex provided us tons of alternatives! He ended up shooting our rehearsal dinner, which is such an incredible memory for us.

Alex went above and beyond by having calls and meetings with us before the wedding and even went on a scouting shoot to both venues - so I was very confident in his vision for the day. On the day of the wedding Alex brought a second shooter named Gilbert, who was also phenomenal. It was like we were all long lost friends! Alex was everywhere during the wedding and got some shots where I look back and think, how did he get all these incredible photos! Alex works his a** off at your wedding and has fun doing it - such a great attitude.

Alex is the type of photographer to really understand your vision for the wedding and be supportive of it to the fullest. Alex provides luxury customer service for all of his clients and we are so lucky to have found Alex AND that he was available for our wedding. If you want a photographer that is genuine, professional and creative, Alex is your man. Book him now! Thank you so much AJL!

Sent on 04/15/2019
    AJL Studio 9
    AJL Studio 10
    AJL Studio 11

AJL Studio Pricing

AJL Studio Price Rates

AJL Studio FAQ

• What is the starting price for your wedding photography services? $ 5,000.00
  • Which of the following are included in the starting price? 2nd Shooter, Engagement Shoot, Hand-Coloring, High-Res Images, Multi. Locations, One Event / Day, Toning, Albums, Digital Files, Flush Mount, Proofs
  • What is the price of your most popular wedding package? $ 6,200.00
  • Which of the following are included in the price of your most popular wedding package? 2nd Shooter, Add'l Hours, Engagement Shoot, Hand-Coloring, High-Res Images, Multi. Locations, One Event / Day, Toning, Albums, Digital Files, Negatives, Prints, Proofs
  • What primary photographic style do you identify with? Contemporary, Film, Natural, Photojournalism
  • What photography services do you offer? Additional Hours, Boudoir Shoot, Destination / Travel, Engagement Shoot, Hand-Coloring, High-Res Images, Liability Insurance, Multi. Locations, One Event / Day, Second Shooter, Toning, Trash The Dress, Wedding Portraits
  • What photography items do you offer? Albums, Canvas, Digital Files, Matted Prints, Negatives, Prints, Proofs, Save the Date

• New York New York, NY, 10034 See on map