Trace Events

Grosse Pointe, Michigan, Grosse Pointe, MI 48236 Map · Phone number
  • Pricing

About Trace Events

Trace Events, formerly A Trace of Elegance, thrives on creating memorable events throughout Metro Detroit and beyond! We see beauty and inspiration all around us and absolutely LOVE what we do.

What makes our approach to event planning different? We focus on cultivating personalized relationships with our clients while creating a streamlined, efficient and practical approach to event planning. Why? Because it makes your life easier and saves you time while building a relationship of a trusted advisor and friend.

Our goal as planners is to craft personalized experiences based on the uniqueness that sets YOU apart! As planners, we get great joy from celebrating your stories, sharing your passions and sharing moments of joy. After all, that’s what makes for a fantastic event and creates memories that last a lifetime.

We value creative collaboration and believe in community over competition and cultivating relationships with our clients, vendor partners and in our community.

Event planning is so much more than just simply making something look pretty. We take the time to learn about our clients and construct something beautiful, unique and representative of your individualized vision and personality! We produce fresh, elevated and impactful designs by intentionally selecting each design element and thinking through every possible detail for your event timeline.

If this sounds like what you’ve been searching for, then look no further! We look forward to creating beautiful experiences and memories with you.

Holding hands
Head table accents

12 Reviews for Trace Events

• Sara

Sara Fanger · Married on 02/03/2019

You need Tracey and her team for your wedding!

Book Tracy and her team NOW! Do not think twice about it. We hired Tracy and her team to be our month of coordinator, but Tracy was much more than that ☺ I am a type-A planner and do some event planning work for my job so when it came time to planning my wedding I knew my mom and I could handle it. But quickly I found that with everything that goes into planning a wedding it was vital for my mom and me to have some help the month of the wedding, so we both could actually enjoy the wedding day and not have to worry about anything but enjoying the day. Tracy was just what we needed! We hired her about 7 months before the wedding, and even though her responsibilities were not contracted to kick-in until 6 weeks before the wedding if I ever had a question or needed a recommendation Tracy was there to give me her input, and she always responded super quick. When it came time to the wedding month Tracy guided my mom and me through everything and made sure we had everything squared away for the wedding week. The week of the wedding Tracy handled reaching out to all of our vendors to coordinate the day of wedding details which was so nice because I could not have imagined handling that the week of the wedding with everything else going on. I was able to completely relax an enjoy (which is not always easy for my type-A self to do) all of the wedding festivities and knew that Tracy had everything covered and would bring our wedding vision to life. That she did!! Our breath was taken away when we walked into the Colony Club, and I can not thank Tracy and her team enough for everything they did to make our wedding the best day of our lives. If you can not tell by now, both my husband, myself, and my entire family can not recommend Tracy enough. She was amazing, and 100% needed. If you are on the fence about a wedding coordinator and think it is not needed I can tell you from my experience that it is needed. They are able to bring your vision to life on the day of the wedding so you can enjoy all of the time with your husband, friends, and family. Thank you so much, Tracy & Team! You guys were exceptional.

Sent on 05/17/2019

Trace Events's reply:

Thank you so much for this sweet review, Sara! We absolutely loved working with you and Mike and wish you all the best in your marriage.

Vannessa Forero · Married on 09/28/2018

Perfect gpyc wedding! Thank you!

Tracy was absolutely amazing from start to finish. From my first call with her when I was deciding who to pick as my wedding planner/coordinator to when I came home from the honeymoon, she has been absolutely incredible to work with. She helped make sure to keep me on track as I planned my wedding and gave me some great vendor recommendations when I got stuck. Tracy perfectly timed out our meetings through the planning process to ensure that I didn't feel overwhelmed and that I was getting everything completed in time. In between our touchpoints she was always available to answer my one-off questions and to talk me off any ledges. From questions about invitation wording and timing, to realigning my hair and makeup timeline, she was always there and ready to help. She was extremely organized and helped everything the day of our wedding run smoothly.

On the day of the wedding , she ran to the store to pick up covers for my heels so my shoes wouldn't dig into the ground, when I wasn't sure about the size of the boutonniere for the groom, she quickly called up the florist and had them bring a new one, and my husband and I never had an empty drink the entire night. From when we signed the marriage license to when they closed the bar, she made sure that we always had a drink in hand. My photographer even made a point to comment and thank Tracy, as she was the first wedding planner she had worked with that came around and helped with the bride's train during photos.

When I freaked out that I signed the marriage license incorrectly, she calmed me down and made sure I enjoyed the evening and didn't focus on it. Although I was not there for the clean-up and loading, I received multiple positive comments about how quickly they were able to tear down and get everything into the cars at the end of the night. I only listed a couple things in my review, but I could easily write hundreds of things that they helped with throughout the day and night (and I'm sure even hundreds more that I don't even know about). Thank y'all so much!

Once again, I cannot thank Tracy and Brittany enough for all of the time and effort they put into my wedding. They made my day truly special and perfect!

Sent on 10/30/2018

jessica · Married on 06/23/2018

Being a wedding planner myself, it was difficult to not be the one setting up, making sure everything is perfect, and just as I pictured it in my head. Tracy and her team were amazing, they did a fantastic job keeping everything on schedule, down to getting my food so I didn't spill anything on my dress! There were a few projects I didn't get to finish, and she made use of the antique mirrors I got so that vintage touch was still there- and it looked amazing! If you are on the fence of hiring a wedding planner- do it, it allows you to relax and know that everything is taken care of. ATOE I would recommend to anyone looking for a planner! Even my husband, who didn't think we needed a planner as I am one admitted after the wedding that they were amazing and well worth the money! I cannot thank the ATOE team enough!

Sent on 06/26/2018

Trace Events's reply:

Jessica - thank you so much for sharing this review. We had such a great time with you throughout the planning process and were honored to be a part of your day. Congratulations to you and Kyle!

Award

Trace Events Pricing

Trace Events Price Rates

Trace Events FAQ

• What is the starting price for day-of wedding coordination? $ 1,800,000.00
  • What is the starting price for partial wedding planning? $ 2,800.00
  • What is the starting price for full wedding planning? $ 4,200.00
  • Do you offer an hourly rate? No
  • What weddings do you have experience planning? Civil, Cultural, Destination, Eco-Friendly, Non-Religious, Religious
  • How many planners are on your team? 3