Grass Valley, CA 95949 Map · Phone number
  • Pricing
  • Deals 1

About A Curated Story

The magnitude of planning your wedding can be overwhelming. It's the day you commit the rest of your lives to each other. It's your story on display for friends and family and you really want to get it right. There are hundreds of decisions to make but you don't have to do it alone. By getting to know you as a couple and as unique individuals, I'm able to translate your style, values and personalities into the design of your day. We'll collaborate in curating an experience that leaves your guests talking about just how 'you' it all was and I'll manage every detail so you can feel like a guest at your own wedding.

Our first meeting is complimentary and no pressure - we need to get a feel for each other and see if we'll be compatible before making a commitment to work together. I believe that during your wedding planning, and especially on the day itself, you should partner with people you really like and who 'get' you. You are, after all, trusting them with your plans and memories on the biggest day of your life. Give me a call or shoot me an email and let's discuss how I can help you create, and then thoroughly enjoy, the best day of your life...the picture-perfect telling of your love story, your way.

(FYI - formerly doing business as Storybook Wedding Design & Management)

Follow A Curated Story on

16 Reviews for A Curated Story

1 User photo

A Curated Story 1

Judy · Married on 04/22/2017

We could not have planned the wedding of my daughter's dreams without Brenda. My daughter and her fiancé were having a 10 month engagement so we had plenty of time to plan and enjoy the process. Brenda'a talents, visions, and ideas made it all come together so easily. But because of my son-in-law's change in deployment schedule, we decided to move the originally planned wedding up TWO months! When I called Brenda to ask her what she thought, her response was music to my ears, "We can do that!" She was so calm and so encouraging. The new date was now less than two months away. We had the "second" wedding planned out and in place in 5 days! And let me tell you, EVERYTHING about the wedding changed (even the wedding gown!). A daughter's wedding only happens once. As a mother, you want to be able to enjoy it fully, to take in the beautiful day in all its joy. Brenda allowed ALL of us this precious gift! The wedding was more beautiful and joyful than we could have imagined. None of us gave a thought to what was to happen next, or who was to be where, or is everything taken care of....because it all WAS taken care of. Brenda has a gift and I am so thankful she shared it with us by planning and orchestrating our daughter's wedding. There was not a thing we would change. The only thing I would say is, "I wish we could experience it all again!" Thank you Brenda!

Sent on 10/26/2017
    A Curated Story 2

A Curated Story's reply:

Wow, Judy - thanks! It was such fun to work with you and your family...the day was truly joyous and I know their marriage will be the same!

Carolee · Married on 05/14/2016

A mother of the bride could not ask for anything more than Storybook Wedding Design and Management's expertise. With her attention to detail, Brenda made the overwhelming prospect of orchestrating our daughter's wedding worry-free, helping my daughter "pull the trigger" on so many decisions with ease and aplomb. She has great resources: whenever we were stuck on a design look or vendor choice, Brenda had the answer, tailored to our needs. And we could trust her recommendations to be with an eye towards both quality and our budget. The timeline and email deadline reminders Brenda provided to my daughter were a relationship saver: they kept us on track and I never once had to "nag". The day of the wedding, I was free to enjoy - no, savor - every moment. And what a glorious day it was! I didn't wonder if - or how - things would come together, because the details were in Brenda's capable hands. We used Storybook Wedding Design and Management for both of our daughters' weddings, and couldn't be happier!

Sent on 02/20/2017

A Curated Story's reply:

Thanks, Carolee. It was such a pleasure to help with Liv's (and also with Claire's!) wedding...you all made my job easier and more fun!

Dustin · Married on 07/18/2015

I'm a guy, and i'm frugal, so I was somewhat against the idea of paying for a wedding planner. Thank goodness i listened to my fiance!

Brenda was great. She is so on top of it and handles things you don't even have to ask her about. At one point I was actually a little concerned as I wasn't sure if she had thought of all those last minute "what ifs" and i started doing that thing where you start to overthink everything and stress out at the last second; well I asked Brenda about all my concerns, and she had an answer and had already thought about everything. Like EVERYTHING. shes seriously a life saver and it was super impressive how on top of it she was without me even asking ahead of time.

Couldn't have asked for a better wedding planner, and the wedding itself was much better than even i could have thought. Won me over from skeptical to fully stoked i went with her.

Bottom line: i would HIGHLY recommend.

Sent on 02/04/2016

A Curated Story's reply:

My first 'groom' review...thanks so much, Dustin! Praying God's richest blessings on you and Michelle and your marriage.

Award

A Curated Story Pricing

A Curated Story Price Rates

A Curated Story FAQ

• What is the starting price for partial wedding planning? $ 2,650.00
  • What is the starting price for full wedding planning? $ 3,850.00
  • Do you offer an hourly rate? No
  • What wedding planning services do you offer? Budget Analysis, Event Design, Full Planning, Guest List Creation, Partial Planning, Timelines, To-Do Lists, Vendor Referrals
  • How many planners are on your team? 1

1 Wedding Deal & Discount

• A Curated Story 1
    FREE Consultation
    Our first one-hour meeting is complimentary. We need to spend some time together just seeing if we are a match. I believe that during your wedding planning, and especially on the day itself, you should be surrounded by people you can completely trust and who really 'get you.' I would be delighted and honored to be that person for you.

• I do's by Deb
    I do's by Deb Wedding Cakes

Storybook is the perfect name for Brenda. She listens to her clients and weaves their wonderful story into an amazing tapestry. Her experience, sense of design and authenticity are bar none!

• Grass Valley, 95949 See on map