Wedding wire vs. the knot vs. wedding bee vs. project wedding vs.....Are you a member?
Does anyone else belong to other blogs and boards and whatnot?

Do you like these boards? Do you feel attacked on one board more than the others? Sometimes I feel like the ladies can be a little rude...people need to be more sensitive to ladies feelings and ideas...Don't you agree? I feel like some of the ladies on other blogs are little wedding trolls that if is not like theirs they barely ever have anything nice to say! :-(

KenWay
Married: 07/28/2011
Reviews: 9
Posted On: Sep 28, 2010 at 10:41 PM • Vendors are allowed • Add to My WatchlistFlag As Inappropriate1 like

31 Comments | Login or Signup to post a comment!
«12»

Teapot Bride
Wedding: 10/04/2014
Sep 28, 2010 at 10:48 PM • Flag As Inappropriate
I'm only on this site. This one is addictive enough, lol! I've gotten so much info and tips and help from this site that I don't feel like I need to surf another wedding forum.

Married: 06/22/2012
Reviews: 4
Sep 28, 2010 at 10:52 PM • Flag As Inappropriate
I'm also a member of the knot. I like how on the knot there is a specific board for my wedding month and my state/city of the wedding. I do feel though that the women on here a little nicer than on some of the other wedding sites.

KenWay
Sep 28, 2010 at 10:53 PM • Flag As Inappropriate
There are sooo many out there its nuts. I actually found the others way before I knew about weddingwire...I LOVE WEDDING WIRE THE BEST!!! Its by far my favorite lol. I just wondered have other ladies had any interesting experiences on the others lol :-)

Jennifer
Married: 10/10/2010
Sep 28, 2010 at 10:54 PM • Flag As Inappropriate
I am a member of the knot and the wedding bee but I gave up the wedding bee forums a long time back, after discovering weddingwire.
This site to me is faster, easier to navigate and people respond with honesty but respect for the most part and are really helpful, there is more snideness and rudeness on the others from what I have seen.

Married: 09/10/2011
Sep 28, 2010 at 10:55 PM • Flag As Inappropriate
i'm on here, the knot and the bee...i like all 3 b/c they are slightly different and i haven't really seen too much rudeness on any of them to be honest...i love the knot for my local board, it has been really helpful and the girls on there are super nice.

Luz Virginia

Wedding Photography
Sep 28, 2010 at 10:56 PM • Flag As Inappropriate
I'm on all the sites and I spend a lot of time on them because I'm a vendor (photography) BUT I'm also a bride to be planning my own wedding. I prefer to do business and get my own wedding support from brides that keep it positive.

Married: 08/20/2011
Reviews: 5
Sep 28, 2010 at 10:57 PM • Flag As Inappropriate
I was on the knot before I found this board, I feel on the knot, they are very much like trolls as you say like if it's not as expensive or good as theirs, it doesn't matter. I sometimes go on wedding bee to look at DIY stuff but I am most definitely addicted to this board the most, sadly I am sure I spend more time on here out of my day than working or doing anything else.

Married: 09/12/2010
Reviews: 11
Sep 28, 2010 at 10:59 PM • Flag As Inappropriate
I feel like the knot's checklist was more extensive but I used WW for everything else. I only posted on the forums here after I saw that everyone was respectful and helpful.

KenWay
Sep 28, 2010 at 11:21 PM • Flag As Inappropriate
@ Alexandra Y., girl I spend all my time on wedding wire lol. I even got my 5th star at one point and then they took it away!!!!!!!!!!!! I have no idea why lol. But I love this forum and I love it for inspiration too. I like wedding bee for DIY stuff too :-)

sailingnurseMD
Married: 09/24/2011
Reviews: 5
Sep 28, 2010 at 11:25 PM • Flag As Inappropriate
I'm new to WW, but have an account on theknot- everyone on here is so nice, helpful, and supportive! I like looking at the real wedding pics on the knot, but I am really enjoying finding my way around here. I really like reading the honest comments and feedback about the local vendors. Priceless!

2d Bride ®
Married: 10/06/2009
Reviews: 12
Sep 28, 2010 at 11:59 PM • Flag As Inappropriate
I'm embarrassed to say that I'm on all of those, and a few more besides.

The Knot is a mixed bag. I like the fact that there are all sorts of specialty boards--e.g., second weddings, gay weddings, Jewish weddings, your month and year, and your local area. So if you have a question on venues, for example, you can address it only to those who live in your area, not to those on the other side of the world. However, if you go on any of the international boards (e.g. Etiquette, Ceremony Ideas, Reception Ideas), be sure to wear your flame-proof underwear. ;-)

I love the PW articles feature. It includes detailed instructions for a whole lot of DIY things. Also, the hostesses on PW are more active than I've seen on any other board, and they tend to keep things lively.
(cont.)

2d Bride ®
Married: 10/06/2009
Reviews: 12
Sep 29, 2010 at 12:03 AM • Flag As Inappropriate
Weddingbee has some very helpful blogs. (Bloggers have to apply for the position, so they tend to write well and explain things clearly.) It is useful to be able to follow the development of people's ideas through the blogs, so you can see what idea they started out with, what issues they had, how they resolved the issues, and what they ended up with.

I also like Offbeat Bride Tribe. It's a great antidote to The Knot, because you have all these brides planning Day of the Dead weddings, or wearing colorful dresses, or doing all sorts of other things that are far from "cookie cutter." And that one is so relentlessly positive that I sometimes feel like being b1tchy just for variety. ;-)

Married: 03/26/2011
Sep 29, 2010 at 12:44 AM • Flag As Inappropriate
I signed up for the Knot but it was just waaaaaaaaaaaay to complicated for me. I'm too busy to deal with complicated.

Bickimook2
Married: 05/29/2011
Reviews: 10
Sep 29, 2010 at 12:46 AM • Flag As Inappropriate
I am on the knot, wedding wire, and project wedding. I only use the knot for the weekly emails they send, I learned to stay away from the forums after I saw how people were attacked for having Disney weddings (something I was interested in doing at the time). I am more active on project wedding now because I have gotten involved with a lot of DIY projects and that site is best for that, but this one is really good for communication and advice in the forums. For those of you that haven't tried Project Wedding I highly recommend it if you are a DIY bride and the ladies over there are so nice. Definitely wedding wire and project wedding are the best ones out there.

KenWay
Sep 29, 2010 at 1:08 AM • Flag As Inappropriate
Yeah I signed up for the knot a long long time ago, I think before I really even got engaged and I heard some awful remarks from people on there not towards me but toward others and I think that was the last time I have been on lol. @ Bickimook2 don't let people knock down Disney! I love Disney and Disney themed weddings :-) Done right they are too much fun!

Married: 10/01/2011
Reviews: 7
Sep 29, 2010 at 9:41 AM • Flag As Inappropriate
I've visited all of those sites, but Weddingwire is the only one I visit regularly/keep up with. The others I typically visit when they include results for something I've googled.

Married: 2+ years ago
Sep 29, 2010 at 9:51 AM • Flag As Inappropriate
I read the blogs on Weddingbee (daily). I only post/comment on things here. I signed up for the knot when I first got engaged but rarely go back there anymore.

Married: 10/10/2010
Sep 29, 2010 at 10:00 AM • Flag As Inappropriate
Im a member of the Knot and Project Wedding, but I dont go into the forums anymore. I signed up to get emails and some of the info they send me is very helpful. But Im a true WW sista and only visit these forums.

Married: 02/18/2013
Reviews: 1
Sep 29, 2010 at 10:07 AM • Flag As Inappropriate
i tried the knot first before coming here and it was too complicated!

Ms. Boop
Married: 06/23/2012
Reviews: 1
Sep 29, 2010 at 10:17 AM • Flag As Inappropriate
I am only on this site and I LOVE it. One of my girls is on the Knot as she is getting married next year and she loves it. I was going to check it out but I don't want to share with local people because some ideas may be unique and I would rather get the opinion of other brides that I don't know and that don't run in the same circles. It may sound selfish but oh well my wedding is far away and somethings I don't want people I am around to use.
Login or Signup to post a comment!
«12»

Topics

Vow of Conduct