Vistaprint invitation finish?-which is best?
Hmm I thought I was going to order my invitations, til I got to this part..Does anyone know which finish would be better? also what exactly is a "linen" finish/how does it compare to regular matte? Here are their descriptions, but I was just wondering if anyone knew in person which looks better. Thanks!!

Matte Finish - This stock brings out the color contrast and text clarity while giving way to a smooth finish.

Glossy Finish - High-gloss coating on the front side yields a smooth, shiny finish with colorful images.

Recycled Matte Paper - Show everyone you’re mindful of the environment with 100% recycled premium white paper.

Linen Finish - $10.99 -The subtle, pressed texture will add an elegant touch to your cards.

Premium, 100lb. White Matte Stock - $11.99

Ab
Married: 10/29/2011
Posted On: Jul 27, 2011 at 7:00 PM • Vendors are allowed • Add to My WatchlistFlag As Inappropriate1 like

8 Comments | Login or Signup to post a comment!

Lisa
Married: 2+ years ago
Reviews: 7
Jul 27, 2011 at 7:48 PM • Flag As Inappropriate
Hi Ab Z! Did you happen to order a Wedding Sample Kit from Vistaprint? They include examples of each of the finishes/paper types you mention. The matte finish is just that, on regular card stock. The linen finish has a little bit of texture that makes it feel more elegant or formal. The premium white matte stock is quite a bit heavier than the others. I would think the glossy finish would be more appropriate for Save the Dates or if you are including a photo on your invitation (they send a STD with a photo as an example on the glossy paper).

My sample kit came REALLY fast after I ordered it. You might still have time to request one before you order your invites, so you can get all touchy/feely with the card stock and make a decision that you will be happy with. : )

Good luck!

Married: 09/01/2012
Jul 27, 2011 at 8:52 PM • Flag As Inappropriate
I liked the linen paper best from my kit. It looks and feels the best.

Ab
Married: 10/29/2011
Jul 27, 2011 at 9:12 PM • Flag As Inappropriate
Thanks for your input! ya I didn't know til my search a lil bit ago that they had the kit..I think I'll just decide and go with either linen or matte..prob linen..I want to order them soon, I've kinda been slacking lol!

Hayley C™
Reviews: 1
Jul 27, 2011 at 10:47 PM • Flag As Inappropriate
The rsvp card gets mailed back, so if you want to save on money, use the 100 free postcards as the rsvp cards but pay the extra $12 for the paper upgrade to matte finish.

Shipping included in prices.
100 free s&h (gray or blank back) = $6.49 (great for save the dates, but glossy rsvp won't match matte or linen printed colors)
100 free s&h glossy color back = $16.48

100 free s&h matte finish (gray or blank back) = $18.48 (great for rsvp cards)
100 free s&h matte finish (colored back) = $28.48

for comparison (same size as postcards)
100 RSVP cards = $59.99 matte finish, colored back and free white envelopes included

If you can't find a postcard that matches your invite, try to find a solid background the same color, and you can add an image from the VP library.

Married: 06/02/2012
Reviews: 2
Jul 28, 2011 at 10:26 AM • Flag As Inappropriate
The 2 invites are shiny coated and the Thank you is Matte. When I put the order in for my invitations I will get them in Matte. Goto my forum.....Vistaprint invitations it will show you the cards there. I cant upload my pics here for some reason...sorri

Jul 28, 2011 at 10:26 AM • Flag As Inappropriate
here is the save the date

Jul 28, 2011 at 10:27 AM • Flag As Inappropriate
I added the ribbon..... this is the invite and std.....

FMS, the barefoot wife!
Reviews: 10
Jul 28, 2011 at 10:34 AM • Flag As Inappropriate
The samples I got from them, I didn't like the linen or gloss.
Login or Signup to post a comment!

Topics

Vow of Conduct