Mother - Son Dance - Spanish?
Hi there!

I'm having a hard time finding a good song in Spanish for the mother - son dance. I want to make it extra special for my FH...any suggestions?

Thanks!

Married: 04/18/2009
Reviews: 1
Posted On: Mar 10, 2009 at 6:43 PM • Vendors are allowed • Add to My WatchlistFlag As Inappropriate1 like

7 Comments | Login or Signup to post a comment!
Mar 10, 2009 at 7:11 PM • Flag As Inappropriate
I love a challenge like that. I want to say that Gloria Trevi (of all people) had a very touching song, but I can't remember it off the top of my head. Let me see if I can find it and get back to you.

Vanessa A.

Alce Events
Mar 10, 2009 at 7:31 PM • Flag As Inappropriate
Congratulations on your engagement! It's very thoughtful and sweet of you to help your fiance pick an extra special song. I have offered some suggestions below. I hope you find one that is close to their hearts!

Camilo Sesto - Madre
Jose Jose - Madrecita
Victor Manuelle - Vivo Orgulloso - One of my favorites

Vanessa Alce
www.alceevents.com
info@alceevents.com
Mar 10, 2009 at 7:39 PM • Flag As Inappropriate
Here's a couple of suggestions:

Abrazame - Alejandro Fernandez (it has one little line that might be slightly inappropriate for a mother/son dance, but that could be edited)
Para tu Amor - Juanes
Una Cancion Para Mama - Boys II Men(Spanish Version)

I'm at work, so I can't research more... but talk to your DJ... s/he should have some other ideas.

Good luck!

C:>

Mar 10, 2009 at 7:43 PM • Flag As Inappropriate
Thank you for the suggestions! I will look into them.

Also, my father passed away a few years ago and in a way I'm sad because I am unable to have what every little girl would love to have on her wedding day...to dance with her father....in these case, what have you seen? Does the bride dance with someone else? or do you skip that dance?

Thanks again!

Vanessa A.

Alce Events
Mar 10, 2009 at 7:57 PM • Flag As Inappropriate
I'm sorry that you're feeling sadness during such a joyous moment. You're father will be at your wedding in your heart and memory. There are several options for the father/daughter dance. Who is walking you down the aisle? You can dance with that person, or you can also dance with your mom.

Vanessa Alce
www.alceevents.com
info@alceevents.com
Mar 11, 2009 at 2:24 AM • Flag As Inappropriate
Sorry to hear about your father passing. I would say it's OK to have someone who's been a positive role model for you, or perhaps just a good male friend whom you trust would be OK as well.

The bottom line is... it's YOUR wedding... and there are no right or wrong answers. As long as you and your FH share the same vision, then the wedding is going to be just fine.

Just a word of caution, coming from the DJ's side. Please make sure you mention your relationship to the DJ when you meet to plan your wedding. It could save some embarrassing moments for all, as he calls up your dance partner.

Good luck, and congratulations once again!

Mar 11, 2009 at 12:05 PM • Flag As Inappropriate
Thank you for your advise. Luckily our DJ is my uncle and he knows the situation. I will connect with him to plan something.
Login or Signup to post a comment!

Topics

Vow of Conduct