How far in advance should guests RSVP?
Ok ladies,

Doing our invitations for our October 9th wedding...when do I ask that the guests RSVP by?

Married: 10/09/2010
Reviews: 5
Posted On: Jun 23, 2010 at 10:40 PM • Vendors are allowed • Add to My WatchlistFlag As Inappropriate1 like

5 Comments | Login or Signup to post a comment!

Married: 08/14/2010
Jun 23, 2010 at 10:43 PM • Flag As Inappropriate
Depends on when you need your final counts in to your vendors. But remember you may need some time to get a hold of guests who forget to RSVP. Allow your guests 4 to 6 weeks to respond.

D&N
Married: 07/24/2010
Jun 23, 2010 at 10:44 PM • Flag As Inappropriate
I did 3 weeks before and I gave them 2 months to respond. I have gotten almost all of mine back and my due date is next week on the 1st. It is really whatever you want. I am an organizer so I want to get everything done.

2d Bride ®
Married: 10/06/2009
Reviews: 12
Jun 23, 2010 at 10:46 PM • Flag As Inappropriate
You'll need to work backward from when you need to have the responses. For example, we needed ours at least 30 days before the wedding, because we were arranging accommodations for everyone, and that was the last day we could cancel without a penalty. If you're just dealing with giving the caterer numbers, check with the caterer on how far in advance you'll need them.

Once you've figured out when you need the numbers, set the RSVP date back a week or two from that, to give you time to call the ones who don't send back RSVPs.

Married: 10/16/2010
Jun 23, 2010 at 10:50 PM • Flag As Inappropriate
Dont have an answer but Im glad i saw this, we are starting to do our invitations and didnt think about that!!

I guess we will probably do 2 weeks before...?

We dont have a vendors or anything to get information to, but we would like to know...hmm.

Married: 08/22/2010
Reviews: 9
Jun 23, 2010 at 11:00 PM • Flag As Inappropriate
depends on when your vendor(s) need a final head count so find that out. In the mean time, you can have them RSVP the first week of September (Wedns, 1st-Sat, 4th).
That gives them 1 month & you/MOH/FS to call people up.
Login or Signup to post a comment!

Topics

Vow of Conduct