HELP! Engagement party? Bridal Shower? Jack n Jill? What does it all mean!?!
My fiance and I just got engaged and we are the first of our siblings to actually have a formal wedding. I have NO idea where to start. We got engaged in December and haven't started planning yet. We're working on a date and our budget now. But what do we do about all the pre-wedding events. Who plans the engagement party... bridal shower.. jack and jill? I don't really know how any of these work.Any help or advice would be appreciated! Thanks!

Married: 05/25/2012
Posted On: Mar 12, 2011 at 10:43 AM • Vendors are allowed • Add to My WatchlistFlag As Inappropriate1 like

5 Comments | Login or Signup to post a comment!

Married: 08/22/2010
Reviews: 9
Mar 12, 2011 at 10:47 AM • Flag As Inappropriate
your MOH/BMs/our family member should plan the e-party.

bridal shower: another party planned by the above people. it's a party just for you, people usually bring gifts they find off your registry, play games, have lunch, etc

j&j: same as the bridal shower only your FI would join. also, instead of just girls... couples attend.

that help?

Married: 05/25/2012
Mar 12, 2011 at 10:56 AM • Flag As Inappropriate
Yes thank you!! When do we start registering for the wedding?

Stephanie
Married: 10/11/2012
Reviews: 5
Mar 12, 2011 at 11:20 AM • Flag As Inappropriate
My father hosted an engagement party a few weeks ago. My oldest daughter is already looking for ideas on the bridal shower. I don't think we will have a J and J.
You should register closer to your wedding. Otherwise you have to keep going back to the store to update seasonally. You might want to pick up a few books to get you started. I just got the new David Tutera book, The Big White Book. Really helpful. I also picked up a Wedding Planner/Binder at Michael's to start organizing. Hope this helps and Congrats.

Married: 08/22/2010
Reviews: 9
Mar 12, 2011 at 11:32 AM • Flag As Inappropriate
whenever you want. just make sure you have a wide range of prices ie. kitchen utensils which are as low as $3 (B3) - guests might purchase ~5 or 6 of these making 1 gift
depending on the bedding ya prefer: ~$30-100

up to dyson vacuums $400 (this is when a few guests would pitch in together). depending on which animal one, the most expensive is $550!!

also, register at ~2 stores or just the cash/honeymoon registries: http://thenewlyengaged.wordpress.com/2011/03/10/want-cash-not-gifts/
put your registry info on your website, NOT in the invites. also, word of mouth helps your guests. hope this helps.

Edited On: Mar 12, 2011 at 11:37 AM
Mar 12, 2011 at 12:46 PM • Flag As Inappropriate
If you are looking for a venue, check out my page! We do everything from small luncheons to Receptions! We are located in Lake Powell Florida along the florida panhandle with the best beaches!
Login or Signup to post a comment!

Topics

Vow of Conduct