Zip Alterations

Zip Alterations

Favorite
TN
The owner has indicated they are no longer in business.

Quality of Service
Responsiveness
Professionalism
Value
Flexibility
4.7

Cindy was absolutely wonderful and I highly recommend her!!

I wanted to wear my mom's gown but she was married in the 80's. That meant long sleeves, collar up to the neck, and an apron of lace. I thought it would be super cool if I could make some changes, cut out the sleeves and some of the other material to make my dream gown.

Cindy absolutely came through for me! After our initial meeting, we discussed my vision and she made it come true! She completely re-did the gown to match my every expectation, and all using the original fabric and silhouette from my mom's gown! We added a new skirt with a material that would better suit my outdoor wedding and included a piece of lace from the original apron. It turned out beautifully!!

I could not have asked for a better seamstress than Cindy! Her warm demeanor and sincere interest in me and my wedding instantly put me at ease and I knew I could trust her to make sure my wedding gown would be perfect!

Services Used: Unique Services (Other)

Cindy was wonderful! She put me at ease about so much in my dress and did a wonderful job on the alterations. I had mine taken in quite a bit, hemmed, and had a ballroom bustle. The bustle was great and I'm glad she recommended it. I liked it way better than the other types.
I had a destination wedding, so Cindy also offered that if we brought in a carry-on suitcase that she would pack it in there for us and then we wouldn't have to worry about it on the plane. Then we just brought a steamer with and it was fine.
Very helpful, great personality. Highly recommend.

Services Used: Unique Services (Other)

I would HIGHLY recommend Cindy for your wedding dress alterations. She listens to what you're looking for with your dress and will alter it to exactly your specifications. She is extremely friendly and personable. My dress came out PERFECT and I was extremely happy with her work.

Services Used: Dress & Attire, Unique Services (Other)
Profile Picture
Anonymous
2+ years ago
1.4

Horribly disappointed with this seamstress. At the start she seemed to be very professional and put together, but the end result about ruined the wedding and did NOTHING for my stress level.

My first meeting with her was in February (July wedding.) My second fitting was to be in April. When April came around, she called an hour before my fitting to tell me she had to reschedule, then an hour before the reschedule she called to reschedule again. When I finally did get to her the first week of May, NOTHING had been done to my dress!!! NOTHING! It was the same as when I left her in Feb.

My next fitting was in June 3 weeks before the wedding. Again, she called last minute to reschedule. When I showed up the next week, my dress was still not hemmed nor had she even considered a bustle! And to top it all off, 2 other brides walked in at the same appointment time.

The week of my wedding she had to make multiple fixes to my dress INCLUDING adding the bustle!! And my dress was only ready the day before the wedding. The final straw?! Finding pins still in my dress while we bustled it for the reception! RIDICULOUS!

I am an unbelievable patient woman, I rarely complain...SWEAR! But when customer service is this poor I feel compelled to steer others in a different direction so you will not experience the same stress and headaches!

Zip Alterations responded with the following comments:

I am truly sorry to have caused such angst and hope that I conveyed that message to you directly. Every bride deserves the best service possible and I failed to give that to you. I appreciate your comments and I will keep your experience in mind so as to give future brides only the best service possible. Thank you for feedback.

Services Used: Unique Services (Other)

After buying my wedding gown from Elegant Bride I was in need of some minor " re working " and size alterations. After Cindy was recommended to us by several local boutiques we set up an appointment to get her creative input. She was friendly, educated, and eager to do whatever it was that needed to be done to make the dress PERFECT. And that she did! The dress turned out BEAUTIFUL and she was able to bring creative ideas to the gown that I never would have imagined. From a perfectionist bride - I could not recommend a vendor more. FANTASTIC and I will return for all future alteration needs. Thanks Cindy!!!

Services Used: Dress & Attire

I LOVE CINDY! I had a few things that needed to be done to my dress, nothing major, but I loved working with her. Her attention to detail is amazing. I went in the week of my wedding for my final fitting and she had to take my dress in even more due to my workouts my trainer was giving me. She is not someone that is going to be letting you walk down the aisle without your dress being perfect! She even did my mom's mother of the bride dress, and altered my little sister's prom dress too! She was so lovely to work with and I would recommend her to everyone I know getting married!

Services Used: Unique Services (Other)

I had Cindy alter my wedding gown, and was thrilled with the work she did. She knows her stuff, and how to make the gown fit like a glove. Cindy's pricing is also very reasonable, and she is flexible. Though she lives across town from me, I am going to go back to her for any of my future alteration needs.

Services Used: Unique Services (Other)

I came to Cindy through a referral of La Jeune Marie. She was nothing but great! I had a dress completely redesigned and she did exactly what I asked. I was very pleased with her. She made sure everything was ready in time for my day. A+!!

Services Used: Dress & Attire

I purchased my wedding gown at the "Running of the Brides." It was a sample dress and in desperate need of some reworking. There was a ton of bead work (amongst other things) that needed to be done, so I was a little nervous whether it could be salvaged or not. Cindy did an AMAZING job. Everything was flawlessly done to perfection! No one even realized it was a sample dress, and I received so many complements on the dress and the fit of the dress. She did a beautiful french bustle that was very easy for my Maid of Honor to figure out. Cindy was great to work with. Very calming and flexible. Everything was perfect! I would highly recommend her.

Services Used: Unique Services (Other)

Zip Alterations is simply AMAZING! I'll begin by saying that I typically never write reviews....but I feel that I have to share the amazing service and experience I received from Cindy! She went above and beyond! Cindy's expertise is truly unmatched. My dress was absolutely perfect! She has a true talent. Not only did Cindy go out of her way to make this experience perfect for me, but also for my mother. My mom needed her dress altered within days of us leaving for the destination wedding. Cindy quickly put my mom at ease when she met with her. She also saved the day by tweaking my rehearsal dress so that I was absolutely comfortable in it. Cindy is a wonderful person to work with. She made this experience fun and memorable. I was sad to leave her when the wedding had come and gone, but knew I would be back in the future for any alterations. I completely trust her and won't go anywhere else! I have recommended Cindy to several of my friends that are brides-to-be. They all love her! I will continue to recommend Cindy and Zip Alterations to everyone I know!

Services Used: Unique Services (Other)

Cindy from Zip Alterations is my hero.

I live in Charleston, WV and two months before my wedding my wedding gown was ruined by an alterations person in my hometown. I was devastated and felt helpless. I traveled to Dublin, Ohio and went to Elegant Bride. Wafa at Elegant Bride was able to help me find the perfect dress and it needed minor alterations. Wafa recommended Cindy at Zip Alterations.

My sister and I made an appointment with Cindy and I explained to her what had happened to my first dress. She was very patient and took the time to explain to my sister and I what she was going to alter and how. She was also able to alter my dress within a short period of time. When I came for my final fitting the dress fit perfect and looked amazing. Cindy did an excellent job and I would absolutely use her again! Worth every penny! Thank you Cindy for helping me look and feel wonderful on my special day :-)

Profile Picture
N61154
1 Review
05/21/2011

My sisters and I used Cindy's alterations services for our bridesmaid dresses and wedding gown. Cindy was so sweet and made us all feel very comfortable. Her office is also very cute. I had my one month old son with me and she was very accommodating of both of us. I cannot say enough how professional and thoughtful she was, she understood that my body was not the size it was going to be  at the wedding and she made 3-4 follow-up appointments with me (all during her very busiest time of the year). I'm so thankful that she did because the dress fit perfectly on the big day. My other sisters looked perfect too, she has an extreme attention to detail and i would definitely recommend!!

Services Used: Unique Services (Other)

My dress had a complicated bustle that Cindy did and she was nice enough to color code it and make a card for my bridesmaids to follow. It was a huge help the day of the wedding and was super easy for the girls to follow! Cindy was fantastic! I also wanted the back of my dress cut down to make it more unique she did it perfectly and was always so nice and welcoming. She also had no problem altering both my mother and sister's dresses perfectly. She is fantastic and I would go to her over and over again. Magical look and wonderful service! Fabulous!

Services Used: Unique Services (Other)

I had a dress that required a lot of alterations but that would show needle pricks if not done perfectly. Cindy did such an amazing job, my dress was amazing and fit me to a T in just one alteration. I had the dress back within 3 weeks. I loved her work and perfessionalism so much, i brought all items i needed altered to her. Great price, great work...amazing.

Services Used: Unique Services (Other)

As the mother of the bride I would like to thank Cindy Moore for her outstanding work with my daughter and her wedding dress. She turned a seemingly impossible situation into a complete can-do situation in one meeting with empathy and professionalism. When you meet with her, it is obvious that she loves her work She will tell you what needs to be done, how long it will take and how much it will cost and in our case she was right on. End result a very beautiful and comfortable bride.

Services Used: Dress & Attire

I was referred to Zip Alterations from the boutique I bought my wedding gown from and she did an awesome job for an amazing price considering my gown was all lace! It turned out perfect and even came with a directions card for the bustle for the maid of honor!