Winn Transportation and Richmond Trolley

Value:
Flexibility:

Sort By:

• Flexibility:  5.0
Winn Transportation provided our guests with a trolley to transport them from the reception back to the hotel. They were extremely prompt and great to work with!
Wedding: 03/01/2014
4.9/5.0
  • Value:  4.5
  • Flexibility:  5.0
We used Winn Transportation for a trolley to transport our wedding party from the church to the reception for our wedding. They were great to work with and the pictures we took with the trolley are actually some of my favorites.

I do think that its a little expensive but since there are so few trolleys available there aren't that many options. Others had shared concerns about the cleanliness of the trolley and we spoke with them the week of the wedding and they assured us that it would be clean and ready to go. They were true to their word and the trolley was a perfect addition to our wedding experience!
Wedding: 09/29/2012
4.0/5.0
  • Quality of Service:  3.0
  • Responsiveness:  4.0
  • Value:  4.0
  • Flexibility:  4.0
I scheduled a 55 passenger bus from Winn Transportation to pick up my wedding guests at a hotel resort on the day of my wedding. There was good customer service when I scheduled the bus, they offer a competitive price, and someone confirmed the details with me 2 days before the service. The problem was, on the day of my wedding, the bus driver called me to say he was waiting outside of the pick up location and my guests were not there. I am glad I answered my phone because I had to tell him the correct pick up location where 50+ passengers were waiting to be picked up. I had relayed this information to the bus company 3 different ways, by phone, by email and by mail with my deposit. There was a lack of communication to the bus driver on where the pick up location was. I gave them an address and a street location on a large resort and the bus driver went to main building, which is not where my guests were staying. The positive thing was, he arrived early and it did not affect the timing of the pick up. The bus was reliable to pick everyone up at the end of the night and drop them off at the resort. I would recommend this bus company, but I would advise you speak with the bus driver on the day of, to make sure he/she knows exactly where to go.
Wedding: 05/11/2012
  • Flexibility:  5.0
This company has served the RICHMOND VA area for years and they are so professional and will help accomodate you and your guest so well when it comes to providing transportation for your guest and/or wedding party. Winn has a LARGE fleet of buses and their pricing is VERY reasonable. It's also a family run business and they will do whatever they can to please you, the customer.
Wedding: 02/04/2012
  • Flexibility:  5.0
We got a motorcoach (55 passenger) to transport our guests to and from the hotel and ceremony/reception venue. Winn transportation was very affordable, responsive, and punctual. I would recommend them to anyone.
Wedding: 09/17/2011
  • Flexibility:  5.0
We had a great experience with Winn Transportation. The driver was early and prompt. Not the friendliest driver, but oh well we were as happy as we could be! We accidentally over paid b/c two people paid. Winn refunded the money without us even calling. Very professional everytime I talked to Tina on the phone as a contact person. Highly recommend the Trolley.
Wedding: 06/04/2011
0.0/5.0
  • Quality of Service:  0.0
  • Responsiveness:  0.0
  • Professionalism:  0.0
  • Value:  0.0
  • Flexibility:  0.0
Terrible company run by horrible management. We had ordered two buses, had both show up to hotel to pick up guests with AC not working, it was 105 degrees out. The bus struggled to get to the church and then went back to the shop, never to be seen again. This left my guests stranded at the church, piling into the aisles of the other bus. The company was unable to get a second bus to the reception to bring people back to the hotel FOUR PLUS HOURS later.

This is just the beginning. The contact I was working with, Mark Pounders, called us liars and disputed our story, even though I had over 100 guests talking about the buses, contacts at the reception venue confirming the story, etc. He refused to even hear a case for a partial refund of our money and was completely unreasonable. I would never, ever use them again.

Winn Transportation and Richmond Trolley responded with the following comments:
As anyone can tell by our other reviews, Brian Crivella has represented almost a complete and total fabrication of the facts. The temperature outside was indeed 105, but the client wanted the temperature inside the motorcoaches to be 70. This is an impossibility and we explained this to him. In an effort to save money, Mr. Crivella wanted two buses to move his guests to the wedding, but only one to shuttle guests back. This is a common mistake made and one we warned him about from the beginning. You cannot control the early departure of your guests and you certainly can't count on it. We refuted Mr. Crivella's claims with GPS evidence of the vehicles every movement, data of the temperature inside the vehicles and contractual evidence he signed prior to the wedding. There was no need to call anyone a liar and it is truly unfortunate that this representation was made. If the irrefutable evidence we provided him made him feel like we were calling him a liar, it was certainly not our intention. As every other review on this site has noted, we stand behind our service and our reputation speaks for itself. Despite Mr. Crivella's attempt to slander our name, we wish he and his wife every success in life.
Wedding: 06/05/2010
  • Flexibility:  5.0
If I could give six stars to Winn for their flexibility, I would. They were so accommodating--most limos and hired transits tend to do a "point A to point B" service with one stop only (at least that I've dealt with), but Winn took us around wherever we wanted and stopped several times! We hired a trolley, and the driver was so nice and so forgiving as us and our wedding party went crazy and made a LOT of noise! We were also allowed to bring alcohol on the trolley, which was of course really fun but somewhat messy. They were also a great bargain for the quality of service and the flexibility we received. They even arrived earlier than they had to, and dropped us off later than they were supposed to and didn't charge us anything for it! And of course they trolley was just SO COOL. A great experience all around!
Wedding: 06/07/2009
 804-358-9466
Please let this vendor know
you found them on WeddingWire