The Mansion at Oak Hill

The Mansion at Oak Hill

Favorite
Carmel, IN
The owner has indicated they are no longer in business.

Quality of Service
Christopher
1 Review
07/25/2015
3.8

Ok, so let me start by saying, Jennifer was great during the payment and planning part of our process. So, where do I start? We chose Chicken, Mac and cheese, sausage and peppers with a cream sauce/ with pasta. At the tasting the food was awesome. Very cheesy Mac and cheese, very CREAMY sauce with the pasta!! The Mac and cheese was the worst I every had!!! I was clearly something left over that they reheated and tried to spruce up. It was dry and 85% consisted of the bread crumb crust, YUK!!! The sausages were cold and the pasta was dry, as, I saw no creamy sauce to go with pasta, that we agreed upon. Now let's get to the grounds and the outdoor setup. The chairs were white and filthy, guest were complaining about their white outfits being ruined, how embarrassing!!! Also, when we went to use the wooden stairs on the side of the back portion on the grounds, there were literally cobwebs and debris that was in abundance on the stairs. No one even bothered to sweep the freaking stairs!!! The brick walkway out back is uneven and we had a older guest fall and twist her ankle!!! I hate to say this, but if all the other reviews are correct, the only conclusion to draw is, we were treated this way, because we were black! We paid $5000 on time, with bi problems, our guest were respectful on their building, so I will never refer The Mansion to anyone and that's unfortunate, because JENNIFER was very nice to us, but her onsite Coordinator was a rude Joke!!!

Recently Married

My wedding is at this venue in July and I am thoroughly pleased with how professional and friendly everyone has been from Oak Hill. I can only imagine how awesome my big day will go! My mother and I went to a tasting not long ago and the food was also fantastic! My coordinator emails me back promptly with answers to my questions and even helps with things I have not thought of! Looking forward to my wedding at this beautiful venue!

Services Used: Ceremony & Reception Venue

We felt blessed to have found this place. My aunt and my co-worker both had been to a wedding at Oak Hill Mansion and recommended it to us. We called and immediately were impressed with their kindness and good pricing. we chose them due to they also provide food, drinks, chairs, tables, etc... Only thing we had to find was our DJ, Cake, Pastor, and whatever else luxuries this bride wanted. Otherwise it seemed "all inclusive" easy for us. Lovely venue and lovely staff. We worked with Jennifer Beth mainly throughout and Sara too the main day. Beth was in charge of food. All were gracious. Even crew setting up were beyond respectful and kind. We are blessed. We chose the outdoor tent and outdoor reception site rather than indoors but both are incredible. Their lighting is beautiful at night. The ambiance was a gorgeous oasis. HAPPY TO BE MARRIED!!

Services Used: Ceremony & Reception Venue, Wedding Planning

Jennifer at Oak Hill was a pleasure to work with, her and the other employers always got back to me really quickly and answered about a million questions. The facility is beautiful and we got a lot of compliments on our food. Jennifer was so helpful especially the week of the wedding helping me finish a lot of last minute set up details and was helpful the night of checking in with me a few times just to make sure things were going smoothly! Great venue (especially for a larger reception) and wonderful customer service.

Recently Married

Upon our arrival from the church my Dj took me aside to let me know the banquet captain told her they were serving dinner at 7:25. And the captain had an attitude with her. It was resolved, dinner was then served at 7:45. Also, we had an open beer and wine bar. We were told if there was something we wanted it would not be an issue (alcohol). But when my husband ask for a drink or bottle he was told he could only have it if he gave a credit card to run a tab.
Other than that everything was great!

Services Used: Catering, Ceremony & Reception Venue, Rehearsal Dinner Location

Jennifer at the Mansion was extremely professional and always available for any questions. The ceremony was gorgeous and we had staff helping with every little detail the whole morning. I had read reviews about chairs and the stage being dirty, but everything was swept down just a few hours before our ceremony took place. The staff was attentive and we got so many compliments about the venue.

The reception went smoothly, we had several people checking to see if we needed anything. There was another wedding just a few hours after ours, which I thought would seem a little strange. Between 4 events happening at the mansion that day, they juggled everything very well - I barely realized anything else was going on.

Jennifer walked us through the whole process and all the deadlines, she made it all as easy as possible. I will definitely recommend the mansion for any event that I hear about.

4.7

The Mansion at Oak Hill is a beautiful wedding venue. There are options for indoor or outdoor weddings, and they provide all catering and set up/tear down. It was perfect for me for our out-of-state wedding. The staff, specifically Tina and Chef Matt, were mostly very friendly and helpful, with maybe two exceptions. My guests enjoyed the quality of the food and the atmosphere, plus the large deck outside for our indoor reception. We had an issue with one of the entrances, which was under construction and made entering the parking lot confusing and difficult for some of our guests. We also had a few mishaps with two of the staff members, but it was the perfect place for our wedding.

Services Used: Catering, Ceremony & Reception Venue, Rehearsal Dinner Location

Working with Jennifer at The Mansion was a pleasure. She was very attentive, professional, and extremely helpful. The venue is perfect for inside or outside wedding/reception. We had an outside ceremony and a tented reception. The weather was perfect so it just made the whole experience wonderful. Food and service were great. We couldn't have been more pleased and would highly recommend this venue again.

Services Used: Catering, Ceremony & Reception Venue

I met my husband at Oak Hill Mansion 5 years ago at a wedding. When we got engaged, we decided that we wanted to get married where we met, even though we are now living in Chicago. I met with Jennifer to look at the venue, but after that only talked with her over email. Due to my job, I was unable to get back to Indy for any of the meetings. Jennifer responded quickly to all of my emails, was more than helpful, and was happy to answer any questions that I had. We are not a very traditional couple and are not fans of eating chicken with sauce at weddings. We did a custom buffet with the chicken and steak fajitas instead. They were delicious and also a huge hit with our guests!!! We also served the herb encrusted pork loin and people loved that as well. The mansion is a beautiful place, fairly priced, and has wonderful service! I highly recommend it!

06/22/2013

My wedding was beautiful and they went out of their way to help us and talk to me when we had to use the back up plan due to rain. This building is gorgeous.

Jeff
09/02/2012
4.3

Fantastic venue. Great feel in the room for a wedding reception. Food was fantastic. Staff was great.

Services Used: Catering, Ceremony & Reception Venue

We had both our wedding ceremony and reception at Oak Hill Mansion. Their event planner Erin Bradburn was awesome! She helped us plan through every step of the way! She always responded immediatley to any of our emails. She even showed up (on her day off) before our ceremony to make sure that everything was running smoothly. We had an outdoor wedding, however, it ended up raining so we had to use our rain plan. We then had our wedding/reception under the outdoor pavilion; which turned out beautiful. My only real complaint is that the back of the tent had a large rust stain from where it had been folded during the winter. This was right behind where our ceremony took place and it ruined half of our pictures!!! I am very upset that someone from the staff did not catch this beforehand. Otherwise, the food and service were great. The prime rib and sweet potato suffle was delicious! We would definitely recommend this venue to anyone that is looking for a beautiful, affordable location.

Services Used: Catering, Ceremony & Reception Venue

We are so grateful that our daughter and her fiancee selected the Mansion for their ceremony and reception. Everything associated with the venue was perfect. The guidance and help throughout the planning and execution made their wedding a memorable event for everyone. The personnel we interacted with were pleasant, professional and competent. Our wedding coordinator helped us with all the little things that we might of overlooked without her input. The food was excellent and even our vegan guest were pleased. The other vendors semmed to work well with the Mansion staff in such a seemless manner that did not require our interaction during the event. As a result we were able to enjoy our daughter's wedding with our guests. Our memories of the wedding will always be positive due to the Mansion's effort to work with us to capture our daughter's dreams. (PS Even the fireflies came to entertain our California guests!)

4.2

We recently just had our wedding at the Mansion at Oak Hill. Erin was absolutely great and got back to every e-mail or question I had ASAP. The flexibility and some of their staff was lacking, mainly just one man. They are flexible in the sense they will work with you on timelines, tastings, and due dates. However, they are not flexible on how you want to do some things. They will not allow you to bring in your own chair covers/linens, catering, or alcohol, which for the most part we didn't mind. We did want to rent our own chair covers because we found some much more cheaper elsewhere and they would not allow that. Since we couldn't bring rented chair covers, we asked if we could use the very pretty white chairs they use for outdoor weddings. They said they would charge us 3 dollars a chair to bring them from outside, even when we offered to do it. If you don't mind small details like that it is a great venue!
We had several compliants about the older gentleman working there named Bob the night of the wedding. He was not very corteous to my mother or some of the guests. We the were running a little behind on pictures before dinner, and he was very pushy with my mother telling her we needed to get a move on things. I appreciate that he was trying to keep us following our time line, but there are better ways to do it than to be pushy and rude...it was our wedding however and if we needed longer on pictures then we should have gotten the time. Also, at the end of the night a few of the guests wanted two drinks at last call. The man said he was not going to do that, which frustrated me because we paid a lot of money to have an open bar. If my friends wanted a second drink because the bar was closing, I believe they should have gotten it because we had paid for it.
The food was pretty good, nothing spectacular but we just got the cheapest buffet. We did try the Prime Rib at tasting, and I wish we would have had that instead. They do have a TON of options which is always nice. Their waiting staff and young bartender were all very professional, courteous, and nice.
So overall, it is a very pretty place on its own. I think they could improve on some updates with China and Centerpeice options. I also think it would be beneficial if they offered complimentary different color linens like almost all of the other venues we had checked out did.
Erin is wonderful and will answer all and any questions you may have, and had great ideas. All vendors loved working with her too, which makes things easier. For venues near Indianapolis this is a great value compared to other places. You can have a decently priced wedding and get all the essentials! We also had our wedding on a Friday which we highly reccomend too...everything is a little cheaper on a Friday :)

The Mansion at Oak Hill responded with the following comments:

It was my pleasure to be the manager on duty that evening and I certainly apologize if any of my actions seemed rude to the mother of the bride or other guests. It generally is in everyone's best interest to follow the timeline that was established by the bride, particularly when it is time to serve dinner. Everyone wants the food to taste its best and any delay beyond the scheduled time allows the food to dry out and get cold. I dd try to follow the timeline but If my actions seemed abrupt, I am very sorry. We are pleased that you chose The Mansion.and that you enjoyed thevenue, food and service. Bob

Services Used: Catering, Ceremony & Reception Venue

Very helpful. Worked with us. Stuck to contract very hard. Manager not nice, but coordinators are amazing!

Services Used: Catering, Ceremony & Reception Venue

I absolutely loved the Mansion for my entire wedding to take place. Erin the wedding coordinator, was always on top of it when it came to my random emails and questions. They place was just so beautiful and it was everything I wanted and more!!