The Mansion at Oak Hill

Responsiveness
Professionalism
Value
Flexibility

Jennifer at Oak Hill was a pleasure to work with, her and the other employers always got back to me really quickly and answered about a million questions. The facility is beautiful and we got a lot of compliments on our food. Jennifer was so helpful especially the week of the wedding helping me finish a lot of last minute set up details and was helpful the night of checking in with me a few times just to make sure things were going smoothly! Great venue (especially for a larger reception) and wonderful customer service.

Services Used: Ceremony & Reception Venue

Jennifer at the Mansion was extremely professional and always available for any questions. The ceremony was gorgeous and we had staff helping with every little detail the whole morning. I had read reviews about chairs and the stage being dirty, but everything was swept down just a few hours before our ceremony took place. The staff was attentive and we got so many compliments about the venue.

The reception went smoothly, we had several people checking to see if we needed anything. There was another wedding just a few hours after ours, which I thought would seem a little strange. Between 4 events happening at the mansion that day, they juggled everything very well - I barely realized anything else was going on.

Jennifer walked us through the whole process and all the deadlines, she made it all as easy as possible. I will definitely recommend the mansion for any event that I hear about.

Services Used: Ceremony & Reception Venue

Working with Jennifer at The Mansion was a pleasure. She was very attentive, professional, and extremely helpful. The venue is perfect for inside or outside wedding/reception. We had an outside ceremony and a tented reception. The weather was perfect so it just made the whole experience wonderful. Food and service were great. We couldn't have been more pleased and would highly recommend this venue again.

Services Used: Catering, Ceremony & Reception Venue

I met my husband at Oak Hill Mansion 5 years ago at a wedding. When we got engaged, we decided that we wanted to get married where we met, even though we are now living in Chicago. I met with Jennifer to look at the venue, but after that only talked with her over email. Due to my job, I was unable to get back to Indy for any of the meetings. Jennifer responded quickly to all of my emails, was more than helpful, and was happy to answer any questions that I had. We are not a very traditional couple and are not fans of eating chicken with sauce at weddings. We did a custom buffet with the chicken and steak fajitas instead. They were delicious and also a huge hit with our guests!!! We also served the herb encrusted pork loin and people loved that as well. The mansion is a beautiful place, fairly priced, and has wonderful service! I highly recommend it!

Private User
06/22/2013

My wedding was beautiful and they went out of their way to help us and talk to me when we had to use the back up plan due to rain. This building is gorgeous.

Services Used: Catering, Ceremony & Reception Venue

We are so grateful that our daughter and her fiancee selected the Mansion for their ceremony and reception. Everything associated with the venue was perfect. The guidance and help throughout the planning and execution made their wedding a memorable event for everyone. The personnel we interacted with were pleasant, professional and competent. Our wedding coordinator helped us with all the little things that we might of overlooked without her input. The food was excellent and even our vegan guest were pleased. The other vendors semmed to work well with the Mansion staff in such a seemless manner that did not require our interaction during the event. As a result we were able to enjoy our daughter's wedding with our guests. Our memories of the wedding will always be positive due to the Mansion's effort to work with us to capture our daughter's dreams. (PS Even the fireflies came to entertain our California guests!)

Services Used: Catering, Ceremony & Reception Venue

I absolutely loved the Mansion for my entire wedding to take place. Erin the wedding coordinator, was always on top of it when it came to my random emails and questions. They place was just so beautiful and it was everything I wanted and more!!

Services Used: Catering, Ceremony & Reception Venue

Must start out by saying that I am a little biased because I work here, but I also held my own wedding reception here on October 30, 2010. Everything went absolutely perfect, I don't think I could have asked for a better wedding weekend. All of my vendors did an incredible job. We chose to serve the Chicken Wellington to our guests as well as a variety of hors d'oeuvres, finishing off with mini-cheeseburgers at the end of the night. My friends and family still talk about our location, our photo booth, the food, the decor, etc...

Services Used: Catering, Ceremony & Reception Venue

Perfect location for our ceremony and reception.

Services Used: Ceremony & Reception Venue

They worked really well with our budget and even were willing to wait for a payment until less than a week before our wedding. The food was delicious, but a bit pricey, but they were very nice and professional.I would recommend this place to anyone.

Services Used: Catering
Casey K.
2+ years ago

We recently attended an event here. It was great! I wish we had used them.

Services Used: Ceremony & Reception Venue

I loved this venue---the scenery was amazing and the people were very helpful. The price is pretty reasonable as well considering catering, ceremony, reception etc. We really enjoyed our wedding here!

Private User
2+ years ago

Erin at the Mansion rocks! She was so helpful and professional throughout the whole process. She was always patient, understanding, friendly, and got the job done perfectly!

The mansion is gorgeous. We did an outdoor ceremony and an indoor reception. It rained the morning of and they were very flexible in waiting to see how the rain played out before calling it an indoor plan b.

The only complaints I do have a very minor. I wish they would have been more pro-active in making sure the chairs outdoor were wiped dry, my brother had to seek them out to do it. I did not think the dinner entrees were very good. We did a prime rib and a pasta primavera option. The prime rib was all fat and the pasta primavera was just dry pasta with a few veggies on it (no sauce or flavor).

I think you definately are paying for the location and the coordinator leading up to the day. The day of you're kind of on your own. Just a heads up, but it was all definately still worth having it there.

One final note...the bridal suite is just someone's office, nothing pretty.

Services Used: Catering, Ceremony & Reception Venue

Wonderful and delicious...the only words I can think of to describe this vendor...Let Sandwiches, Salads and Such make your day or event a memorable one with their wide array of entrees...hordeuvrs and commitment to service.

Services Used: Catering

The Mansion at Oak Hill did a WONDERFUL job with my wedding and my needs. For the amount of money, that we spent they seemed to go above and beyond in service. The food was great and the service was amazing. They provided us with a list of awesome vendors that have worked there before. The venue for outdoor ceremonies is beautiful and makes beautiful pictures. This is a great place whether you're on a budget or not.

4.7

The Mansion at Oak Hill is a beautiful wedding venue. There are options for indoor or outdoor weddings, and they provide all catering and set up/tear down. It was perfect for me for our out-of-state wedding. The staff, specifically Tina and Chef Matt, were mostly very friendly and helpful, with maybe two exceptions. My guests enjoyed the quality of the food and the atmosphere, plus the large deck outside for our indoor reception. We had an issue with one of the entrances, which was under construction and made entering the parking lot confusing and difficult for some of our guests. We also had a few mishaps with two of the staff members, but it was the perfect place for our wedding.

Services Used: Catering, Ceremony & Reception Venue, Rehearsal Dinner Location