The Grand Olympia Hospitality and Convention Centre

The Grand Olympia Hospitality and Convention Centre

Favorite
Stoney Creek, ON
Is this your business? Claim this listing
• Customize your Storefront with your business info
• Network with and learn from other professionals
• Showcase your work with photos & videos
• Collect reviews from your clients and build more credibility

4.3
Quality of Service
Responsiveness
Professionalism
Value
Flexibility
4.3
4.7

The grand Olympia has been extremely accommodating. We are from out of town so they were very flexible and worked around our schedule, even though the wedding is in a year. Suzanne was absolutely amazing and accommodated every need. The food is great and we had so much fun at the food tasting event. The value is amazing and we received so much for the price!

One word,
Amazing !!!!!
Thanks to Elizabeth for the beautiful decor
Thanks Suzanne for all that you have done and for making it all happen!!
We had an awesome function!

Recently Married

Service was amazing. There was so much help and support in arranging the wedding. Without Caela this never would have been a success -forever grateful.

Terra
08/15/2015

I was overwhelmed with everything that needed to be decided, but our wedding consaltant put us at ease. She helped us figure everything out and made it seem simple. Any questions or concerns we had she addressed them. We look forward to our big day.

Recently Married

Thank you so much to The Grand Olympia team for all your help and preparation for my bridal shower. It was everything I have ever wanted and dreamed of for my special day. Thank you to the servers for all their hard work, the food was fantastic! Thank you Caela for the amazing decorations and everything that tied it all together to make my day fabulous.

Recently Married

Accommodations are beautiful, staff is professional and well dressed, food is delicious.

Services Used: Ceremony & Reception Venue

We want to thank all of Grand Olympia's staff for making our entire wedding process and day of abolsutely perfect!

Ceala--Thank you for your hard work and time. You were always available when needed and made the process so simple and fun. We cannot thank you enough.

Keith- So welcoming and kind. Thanks for ensuring that all details were met!

Ricardo-You were absolutely fantastic! You made our wedding run so smoothly and elegantly. You were so attentive and dedicated to providing us with the best possible wedding. We cannot thank you enough for ensuring that our day was so special.

Daniel, D.J- Thanks for being so fun and awesome! You had the crowd going at all times! Your playlist from start to finish was spot on. You made the night absolutely fantastic!

Thank you to all servers, staff and bartenders! You guys rock!

Grand Olympia is such a beautiful place to have your wedding venue. Their attention to detail and pride is exceptional. We had the time of our lives and everything was beautiful!

To All the Staff –Chef, Jeff and Team, Waiters, Keith, Ricardo:

Your attention to detail and pride of taste shined. You all made our once in a lifetime event a spectacular memory. You were genuine, attentive gentlemen.

Bartenders –thank-you for doing your job and keeping those in line that needed it!

Chef –the food was hot, full of flavor and moist –unforgettable.

Keith –such a happy face, genuine man you are. Thank-you for running the show and being attentive to all our needs!

Grand Olympia Owners –you should be proud of the people under your hire. If all events went like ours, your venue will climb to number one!

Suzanne –thank you for putting up with our paranoia! You have surpassed our expectations and demands. You were always kind, professional and non judgmental. The wedding was magical and as I walked around mingling between dishes, people were mopping up sauce with bread, the chop bone was shiny, compliments were over flowing. Thanks for putting the wrath of us onto those who prepared for this event. It met all of our hopes and dreams. Word of mouth travels and our family talks a lot! We would recommend your services hands down without hesitation. Thanks for listening and making our dreams come true.

Recently Married

Great venue! Awesome staff! Great food! Lots of fun!

Recently Married

From the second my fiancé (now husband) and I walked into the Grand Olympia we fell in love with the place! We met with Suzanne (our wedding coordinator) who greeted us with a warm smile. She gave us a tour of the place and then discussed our options. We immediately booked our date and began the wedding planning. Suzanne was helpful throughout the entire process. She was knowledgable of all the details that go into a wedding and was patient with all of the fussy requests that we (mostly me) made.

Throughout the months, we had our food tasting which was organized and very helpful in deciding what our guests would like most. We also had several more visits to finalize details for the day of the wedding. We were told that Suzanne would not be our coordinator for the day of the wedding and we were sad, since she was so awesome to work with. We were even a little worried since all of our discussions had been with Suzanne and she knew the style and feel that we were going for.

This worry immediately disappeared when we had our final detail appointment with Keith. He was very organized and was aware of all of the small details we had requested. He too was patient and very accommodating with all of the requests we had made. This put us at ease knowing that our wedding day was in good hands.
The rehearsal was organized and Keith did an excellent job of making sure everyone knew their positions.

Our wedding day soon approached and WOW! We were blown away. The venue looked amazing! Grand Olympia executed our vision a million times better then we could have ever imagined! Everyone was so friendly and organized and professional. Grand Olympia took care of all of our worries and everyone had an amazing time.

**special thanks to Wayne..he was awesome. SO professional and mature. He was handling everything with ease and left us with zero stress.

0.4

On October 22 we had a Women's league Day with 345 ladies and we found the service poor! At least 15 ladies didn't receive any lunch!! They ran out of food!! You would think that a grand place such as this would make sure to have enough lunch for everyone! We all had paid ahead of time so they knew how many people were coming!! Also the tables were not cleared until well into the afternoon speech!! Very disappointing!!!

Services Used: Catering

thank you to the grand olympia for an amazing wedding experience. From start to finish, the grand olympia and my wedding planner made the wedding plans as easy as possible. They day was beyond incredible. The decor, food, limo, dj, and everything working was perfect!!

4.2

We were very pleased with everything the Grand Olympia had to offer us the day of our wedding. Everything turned out just the way I have envisioned it. Our wedding planner was super friendly and very patient with all the questions I had for her.

2.7

I got married there over a month ago. The food was good and the wedding planner was very sweet and understanding however so many things went wrong. Me and my husband showed up early to do wedding photos. we finished the photos early so we hung out in the bridal suit for a while with our wedding party. we were told we would start at 5:30 we didn't get out of the room till 6. for a place that says that they have set times for everything and have to have things go on time they sure didn't do a good job. our MC had planed everything around the halls timing but the hall was an hour behind. me and my husband wanted a dance to start at 9 like it was suppose to it didn't start at 9. we didn't really get a dance because we were so behind. they say timing is important so the music from the other hall doesn't affect speeches well guess what. we couldn't hear half of our speeches because the hall beside us had there base to high and wouldn't turn it down after half of us asked over 20 times if they could do something about it. so what if it was an out of house DJ they should of made him turn it down. my husband designed out cake and was so upset with it because it wasn't fully what he asked for. the slide show our parents had worked so hard on was so blown out we couldn't see it and they even went to go test it out and it was good before. but thats not even the half of it. the head table wasn't even served first for food. we were 3rd. isn't the bride and groom suppose to be first? my parents had to go to the kitchen to get there dessert and coffee because they didn't even get any. food was missing of plats and the beer we ordered for the bar wasn't out until my dad made them pull it out. whats the point in paying more for some beer and wine when you have to tell them hey we are missing this beer and wine were is it. having to ask for things to get done and try and get things back on track shouldn't have to happen but it did. and still no apology not happy

1+ year ago
1.6

I recently was married at the grand olympia. The overall look and the food was amazing. However the service was not very professional. All the servers were young and unexperienced. They spilled drinks on my guests numerous times. I had to ask for my drink numerous times after being ignored. I spent lots of time and money on a candy buffet which no one replenished and I ended up with half the candy left over that I could not return. When I emailed my wedding planner twice to express some things that bothered me i did not get a reply not even an apology. I also talked to the wedding supervisor during my wedding and he promised me he would fix some other problems and never did instead he avoided me the rest of the night. It's truly a shame that such a beautiful place isn't professional and honestly puts on a show to entice you and once you have paid doesn't really care. They hire people for minimum wage and are no where to be found the actual day if your wedding when you need them. Furthermore never try to even contact you to even apologize .

Services Used: Band, Catering, Ceremony & Reception Venue, Ceremony Music, Wedding Cake, Wedding Planning

We just recently had my wedding at The Grand Olympia and we were extremely happy with the outcome. The decor, the food, the staff and service was all amazing. We couldn't have asked for more. Fifty percent of our guests were from out of town and they absolutely loved the venue. Suzanne was amazing to work with. She ensured everything was just perfect for the wedding reception. The decor was exactly what I asked for, the service was excellent and the pricing was just right! Thank you for making our day extra special.