The Balcony on Dock

Professionalism
Value
Flexibility
[Private]

Love this place!! Jenn and her staff are so helpful and this place is beyond beautiful! It had an old world charming feeling and is perfect for a southern style reception and wedding. Three floors up with hardwood floors and a beautiful chandelier makes this place great.

Services Used: Ceremony & Reception Venue

Where can I start when talking about the balcony? It was an absolutely amazing place. The brick interior is beautiful. Jenn is absolutely wonderful and helped me every step of the way. She would email me within 24 hours at most or would have her partner send an email to let me know when she would be back in the office. She made the planning process so smooth. Day of, Jenn and Nick were there to help. Both of them were wonderful and made the day seem perfect. They set up the decor exactly how I envisioned it. They definitely took their time to help my vision come out. They also took care of everything. They communicated well with my husband and I throughout the day as well. They definitely provide amazing service and put me at ease. They are professional, yet make you feel like you are part of the balcony family. Food was amazing and the servers were very kind and pleasant to have there. They were cheerful and added to the wedding experience.

Lauren
05/24/2015

The Balcony on Dock was the perfect venue. It is a beautiful space and Jenn and her team were amazing to work with from start to finish. It was great to have someone there the day of the wedding to make sure all the important things got done. I would highly recommend having your wedding here.

Stephanie
05/01/2015

My husband and I held our ceremony and reception at the Balcony on Dock in May. The event space was beautiful and warm. The room speaks for itself--you could add nothing to the room and it would still be stunning. Every guest commented how lovely the room was and how much they enjoyed the space. The windows at sunset - perfect! The highlight of our experience at Balcony; however, was working with Jenn Rayle. She was professional but welcoming, full of information and ALWAYS available. She responded to every email promptly, was flexible, and made me feel like our event was truly important to her. She made sure our wedding was exactly what we wanted. She gave us honest opinions when we asked, and we never felt pressured or rushed in our decisions. Her organization, experience and attention to detail was invaluable to my husband and I. Thank you, Jenn, and all of the staff at Balcony!

Services Used: Ceremony & Reception Venue

Jenn was amazing to work with and she really delivered! We honestly got way more than I was expecting when we booked the venue. HIGHLY recommend!

Andrea
04/16/2015

The Balcony on Dock was *amazing*
Prompt and polite customer service, and they already have everything that is a pain to deal with rental wise (chairs, tables, food and bev vendors).
Gorgeous location, and the staff, Jenn especially, make your day as stress free as possible. I highly reccomend.

Patricia
09/13/2014

The Balcony on Dock was the most beautiful venue I've ever seen. It was the exact type of atmosphere for my daughter's wedding. The outdoor cocktail hour in the courtyard was lovely. Jenn and Bekah were so helpful with all the planning and preparations. Their suggestions were presented to my daughter and I with such detail that it made all our decisions simple. They relieved a lot of the normal stress that comes with wedding planning. I knew right from the start that we were in good hands. They also went above and beyond in many areas especially their suggestions of The Lofts for the wedding party to stay at during the rehearsal and wedding weekend. I can't thank you all enough for making my daughter's day so extra special!

Services Used: Ceremony & Reception Venue

The Balcony on Dock was a little piece of heaven for our dream-come-true wedding! This is the venue that kicked off the beginning of forming our "Dream Team" of vendors! From the moment we met with Jenn directly after our engagement in early 2013 from the minute we packed up the last of our belongings from her the day following our wedding, everything went smooth-sailing and beyond my wildest expectations. Every time, my now-husband and I or my parents who live in Florida communicated with Jenn in person, by phone, or through email, we were always made to feel top priority by her and every need was met with such flair, professionalism, style, and grace! I remember when I called Jenn on the morning of my actual wedding day to tell her of an unfortunate last minute change and instantly, a sense of calmness came over me and I was infinitely assured that we chose the perfect place for us. We gave her all our decorations (minimal because the space is breathtaking alone by itself!) for the day and her team worked to create an ambiance that was so fitting for us, leaving me astounded and amazed! Everyone keeps talking about how delicious the food was and how beautifully orchestrated every last detail was- I could not have envisioned it better! My whole experience wants me to replay that outstanding day over and over again- we cannot thank Jenn and her team enough for the most memorable day of our lives! :-)

1+ year ago

Jenn did an excellent job on our wedding. She communicated well with us throughout the process of planning and getting through the day of.
We were planning our wedding from Durham, so email and phone were important for the process and Jenn and Bekah always responded promptly. They even coordinated with the rental company for the rentals we used. We dropped off our decorations on the day before the wedding and they took care of decorating everything. On the day of, it was storming, so Jenn called me with a back up rain plan. We didn't want the rain plan layout as our first option, but needed to do it because of the weather. They took care of that layout last minute for us as well. The ceremony and reception were beautiful. I didn't go with much decoration because the venue is so lovely by itself. Throughout the ceremony and reception Jenn coordinated timing and activities. There is no way that the day would have gone smoothly if we had done it ourselves or if we didn't have Jenn there. Her and her group made a huge impact on our wedding day and it will allow us to always preserve our memory of our big day.

Services Used: Catering, Ceremony & Reception Venue
Ashley
06/26/2014

Jenn and The Balcony at Dock were incredible. Everything was perfect, affordable, and as stress free as it could have been. The compliments I received from my guests where about the beautiful venue, fantastic wedding dinner (which is rare) and the seamless transition between the ceremony, cocktail hour, dinner, and dancing. Jenn took care of everything. I truly felt like I had my own personal wedding planner and that she was there to tackle any problem. I felt like a true princess on my day :).

Services Used: Ceremony & Reception Venue

We could not have been more pleased with the Balcony on Dock! Jenn was absolutely fantastic to work with! She was very patient, and egar to make our wedding and reception go off flawlessly. She made accommodations where we asked and made solid recommendations when we were unsure. The venue itself is beautiful with historic charm and great views. The staff was wonderful and the food was amazing! I would highly recommend this venue!!!

Services Used: Ceremony & Reception Venue, Rehearsal Dinner Location
Keely
05/17/2014

I had my wedding in May and I can not say enough about how phenomenal the service was from Jenn!! We were from out of town so we had to come in and visit a few times, email quite a bit, and call often. She was so responsive and quick to get back to us, never said NO to a single thing, and would find a solution or give us options for anything we were interested in! She recommended the DJ, hair salon, and picture location, all of which we used and absolutely loved! Jenn you helped make our day amazing and the venue was more than beautiful! Thank you for your hard work and accommodating us on anything we needed!

Lesley
05/17/2014

The most stunning venue in the downtown area!!!! WE LOVED OUR EXPERIENCE for our rehearsal dinner!!! I have always loved the building itself, but to have our special occasion here topped the cake!!! Bekah and Jenn are amazing to work with and so very helpful!!! That made our day so special and we are very thankful!!!!
Love,
Sten & Lesley

Services Used: Ceremony & Reception Venue, Rehearsal Dinner Location
1+ year ago

We had wedding rehearsal dinner. Perfect venue..great food and service.

Helenmarie
03/15/2014

AMAZING! Everything about The Balcony on Dock was wonderful; the venue, the food, the staff. I had numerous comments from my guests on how delicious the food was. And Jenn and Rebekah were extremely helpful and instrumental in the planning of my day, they definitely went above and beyond with their assistance!
I would highly recommend The Balcony on Dock for any occasion!

Christi
02/22/2014

Gorgeous venue. Fantastic People. Great Food. The best night of my life.

Services Used: Catering, Ceremony & Reception Venue