King Street Studios

Value
Flexibility
Tracy
05/05/2015

Todd and Matt were wonderful. They were very patient with all of our crazy, non traditional ideas. The helped to make the day wonderful, and our pictures are amazing!! If you are in the Charleston, SC area you should absolutely use King Street Studios for any photography needs.

Recently Married

From our initial call to the very end of the reception, Todd was present, professional, fun and went out of his way to make sure we were receiving amazing service. He does not nickel and dime and seems to just care about making sure he and his assistants are providing getting great photos. He clearly enjoys what he does and it shows in his photography.

I had a less traditional wedding (on the beach) and was concerned about opportunities for good pics. Todd and his assistants took amazing photos and subtly created great photo opps. The pics are constantly receiving compliments. I could not have asked for a better experience. THANKS TODD AND CREW!

Services Used: Photography

Amazing images! Photography was our number one priority when we began wedding planning, so we spent a lot of time researching and interviewing photographers in both Charleston and New York (where we live). We are so lucky Todd was available for our date! From the moment we spoke to him we knew we had found someone exceptional. Todd is just amazingly talented and passionate, not only about his craft but about sharing our story. Most importantly (particularly for my fiancé), he is just really cool and easy to get along with.

When you start researching photographers, you begin to realize that so many photos are the exact same pose over and over, nothing unique to the couple. So many photographers tout their photojournalistic style, but when you look through a complete wedding album, you find that only a handful of the images are frame-worthy. Todd was able to capture not only the spontaneous moments, but he also gave us some direction. He has an incredible eye for important things like lighting, color, and framing the shot—these are not cookie-cutter shots.

Our engagement shoot was in New York, including Central Park and Times Square. And our wedding was in Charleston. Our friends and family honestly couldn't believe the range of amazing pictures—from utterly dramatic to romantic to fun (both our moms cried). Our friends were so impressed they immediately booked King Street for their wedding.

After getting to know Todd very well through such an intimate process we really cannot recommend Todd and his team enough. He has gone above and beyond in so many ways. This was the one part of the wedding that I knew I just didn't need to worry about. I didn't even try to put together a shot list because I knew I could trust him to manage our bridal party and family and to capture everything flawlessly. The hardest part has been limiting the number of photos we hang on the wall! They're honestly all so unique and beautiful; and they truly captured the joy we felt that day!

Services Used: Photography

The photographs are just beautiful and we absolutely love their style! These could be in a magazine! We couldn't be happier with them!

Services Used: Photography

I couldn't have been any happier with King Street Studios. Todd and his crew were professional, polite and fun to work with. Even our family commented on how professional they were at the wedding. And the pictures-- oh my, the pictures- they are AMAZING! He captured moments I didn't even remember and with such flair and creativity! I am still getting compliments on our photos! I strongly believed in getting a good photographer since after the wedding all you have left are the memories and the photos. We got more than we paid for (which he is WELL worth!) and couldn't have been more pleased. l will recommend Todd over and over again- you will not be disappointed!

Services Used: Photography

Todd and his team are absolutely amazing, the exact type of people you want around you on your wedding day...extremely excited, professional yet relaxed, and so much fun to work with. The memories we have in our photos look like they belong in a gallery, beyond stunning and yet so us! We could not have imagined a better day and Todd truly captured it!

Services Used: Photography

I feel so blessed we were able to book Kings Street Studios for our engagement/wedding pictures. Todd and Matt were by far one of the best parts of our entire wedding experience.
Being from NY, my husband and I are used to the best, and we are fortunate to have found a wedding photographer who is by far better than any photographer we've seen in NYC. Todd's photography of Charleston is the reason I picked the city for our destination wedding. His work is stunning and inspirational for the type of wedding I wanted.
King Street's Studio photography is not your average wedding photographer. The work is not only beautiful, but extremely unique. Todd Surber has an eye that simply cannot be compared.
Beyond the photography, Todd and Matt are amazing to work with. They are so much fun to be around, and make being in front of the camera easy and natural. Seriously, him and his assistant were a blast getting to know, and so much fun at the wedding itself. However, they were always extremely professional. You could tell Todd always had a picture in the back of his mind. I would say I was an extremely difficult bride to photograph on my wedding day, as I wouldn't stay still for a picture for one moment, but it didn't phase them. We were so happy to have them come to our after-party, and we hope more than anything to see them again. We are already coming up with events in our life that will need photography, so we can work with them again.
My husband and I would give them more than 5 stars if we could. If you are blessed to book Kings Street Studios for your event or wedding, don't hesitate a moment. They are truly the best, and their work beyond.
Monica & Derek

Services Used: Photography

Todd is amazing! From his service to his photography, he blew me and my family and friends away! He was always available either via phone or email. He is friendly and professional. He has a great eye and takes the best pictures! I was expecting to just have a handful of pictures from our wedding that we absolutely loved, but instead we had hundreds! Seriously! He sent us a sneak peak of over 200 of the best photos and they were all beautiful! Everyone who has seen these photos says they are the best wedding photos they have ever seen and belong in a magazine. Needless to say, we are thrilled! Todd and Matt (and the assistant they had with them during our wedding...so sorry I cannot recall his name) were just wonderful. I highly recommend Todd and Matt. They are worth every penny (and more!)!!!

Services Used: Photography

Todd and his photographers at King Street Photography stood out amongst the massive amount of photographers in Charleston. His pictures, galleries and past work were so unique that I knew I needed him for my wedding! Once I met him, I completely saw how much photography and his business meant to him, which shines through in his photographs. My husband and I couldn't be more happier with our wedding pictures! All of my friends and family are ooing and awwing over them because they are definitley not your vanilla portrait photographs, they are so unique and beautiful! Just looking at them makes me re-live my special day and that is all a bride can ask for! You're in good hands with Todd and his crew and you won't be disappointed!

Services Used: Photography

my fiance and I had done an engagement session with Todd. Not only was he an amazing photographer but he saved us from a really stressful time. We had previously booked an engagement shoot with another photographer very early on in our engagement, and due to unforeseen circumstances, we had to change at the very last minute. A friend of ours recommended Todd and by my first phone call, we were quickly on the books (within weeks of when we needed the shoot). Not only was he very well organized, but we received our pictures within 5 days of the session (which made it great to have our save the dates sent out as soon as possible). It was an overall great experience and I would recommend to anyone and everyone. Plus, EVERYONE has complimented about how amazing our pictures are!

1+ year ago

We had a destination wedding in Charleston and found King Street Studios online. We were blown away by his photography, responsiveness, and professionalism. He managed to capture every special moment without us even knowing he was there! He was completely focused on our special day and brought his team to ensure everything was photographed. Our pictures turned out amazing! They looked like a fairy tale!

1+ year ago

My fiance hired King Street Studios to capture our engagement at the Angel Oak tree in Charleston, SC. Todd was great to work with and truly joined in our excitement! Todd captured every moment of the surprise which is an amazing memory to have documented - everything from my fiance down on one knee to all the many hugs and smiles to follow. He incorporated the landscape wonderfully in all the shots making for an unbelievable finished product. We just received our photographs and the quality is great! Thank you, Todd!!

1+ year ago

Several weeks before proposing to my fiance in Charleston, SC, I decided that I wanted to hire a professional photographer to capture our engagement. Like most men planning a surprise proposal, I was nervous about all the details and wanted everything to go perfectly. After speaking with Todd from King Street Studios, he was clearly the right guy for the job. He took the time to understand my plans and helped bring them to life. Not only did he capture the emotion of the moment, he was also able to incorporate the beautiful lowcountry setting. Needless to say, the pictures turned out amazing and we’ve shared them will all our family and friends. I highly recommend Todd and his work – you will not be disappointed.

Services Used: Photography

While planning our daughter's wedding, we prioritized what was most important to both mom and daughter. Photography and videography were on the top of the list. Knowing that when all of the excitement was over and the flowers faded, those two things would be there forever for us to relive this most cherished event. So we set out to find the perfect vendors in these areas. For photography, we found that perfection with King Street Studios! Todd was excellent. We could not be more pleased with how the wedding photos turned out. Simply incredible! The photos were certainly magazine worthy. The Charleston, SC wedding was spectacular and Todd captured every moment with breathtaking photos. We were blown away by the quality of his work. Everyone that looks at the photos comment about the quality. Every detail of the wedding was caught on film flawlessly. Again, we could not have chosen anyone better to capture this day for our daughter and her fiancé. Todd is fun to work with, very creative, and thoroughly loves to photograph brides. In conclusion, there is one word that comes to mind to accurately describe our experience and end result with Todd and King Street Studios and that is none other than 'excellent'! Excellent experience and excellent end result.

Services Used: Photography

Unbelievable pictures!! They stayed until the end of the reception. Todd does amazing work!! Highly recommended :)

Services Used: Photography

Todd and his team were an absolute pleasure to work with! They worked very hard, took no short cuts, and because of their laid back approach, my guests even mentioned enjoying their interactions with the photographers. My groom and I were looking for a team that could cover the traditional portraits, and album photos but also possess the talent to take creative & progressive approaches. They provided us with unique and exceptional photos that belong published in bridal editorials, and matter of fact they actually will be! Would choose them again in a second, and recommend them to any bride and groom that want to work with professional, flexible, talented and all around nice people.