Issa Michel Photography

Issa Michel Photography

Centreville, VA 20120 | map
Style: Contemporary, Photojournalism, Portraiture, Traditio...
Packages: Albums, Custom Graphic Design, Digital Files, Flush ...
Liability Insurance: Yes

(4.3 / 5.0)
Value:
Flexibility:
  • Flexibility: 0.0

I found out today that Issa Michel disputed the review that I previously posted on this page . I received an email from weddingwire advising that he took the time to dispute my review but still didn't have the time to fulfill the contract that we sign for my wedding on March 2012 . I'm still waiting for the 2 photo albums that I was promised . He has my address , email , phone number , fb account and he totally avoided any type of contact... I encourage all of his past clients in the same situation to join forces and demand what we paid for .. Issa Michel , I know that you still access this site so will see this review .
Unbelievable, 2 years and 7 months after my wedding and still waiting for this man to give the photo books that he promised .

• Wedding: Recently Married
4.8/5.0
  • Professionalism: 4.0
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Issa did a good job photographing out wedding. He was really creative and had some great ideas for pictures. He was really easy going and didn't even seem to mind my crazy aunt being really pushy about family poses. He did not let the stress of the day get to him at all. You can tell he has a lot of experience photographing weddings.

• Wedding: 10/26/2013
  • Flexibility: 0.0

Horrible!!!! Not sure what happened last year but 2013 is a complete FAIL for Issa Michel. Check the BBB for his 4 F ratings this year alone and I have not even written to them yet. We are a very easy going couple but this guy is a hot mess. Do not want to go into detail but just DO NOT use his services because he will be nothing like you expect and you want your wedding and other events to be memorable.

• Wedding: 08/31/2013
4.7/5.0
  • Responsiveness: 3.5
  • Flexibility: 5.0

We had a great time working with Issa for our wedding. He had some good ideas for our first look and first dance. Our bridal party thought he was a lot of fun. His performance on the wedding day was flawless. Overall, he is a great artist and can really work a room with his camera. We agree that it can be a little tough to get an immediate reply to a text or email, but he does get back to you (what seems like) as soon as he can. We expected a one man show to have a lot going on at once, and we were pretty laid back about it, so we didn't really mind. We see no reason not to recommend him to everyone, his portfolio is great and his prices are competitive.

• Wedding: 06/14/2013
  • Flexibility: 5.0

We loved everything about working with Issa! He was so in tune with us on our wedding day. Very quick on his feet, and very artistic. Our wedding pictures are so beautiful. Our guests LOVED him! He's fun to interact with and very animated when doing large group portraits.

• Wedding: 03/23/2013
  • Flexibility: 5.0

If I could sum Issa up in 3 words they would be: creative, fun, and talented! Our pictures turned out great! We highly recommend working with him for your wedding!

• Wedding: 02/09/2013
0.4/5.0
  • Value: 1.0
  • Flexibility: 0.5

My wife and I were married on 27 October 2012. Issa was out photographer for the day. However, leaving the day of the wedding out for the sake of brevity, dealing with Issa afterwards to get pictures and finally our albums was often an exercise in futility. He never took phone calls, would send cryptic message always concerning some new unfortunate set of circumstances that had befallen him. He routinely ignored any messages I sent and would only respond to my wife, even though I am 13 hours ahead in Korea I attempting many times to call and email but to no avail. It was not until my wife and I threatened legal action that he became responsive and tried to garner empathy from us for the predicament he put his business in through a failed marketing campaign. The day we had the paperwork ready to file in court we received our blow ups for the walls and confirmation the books had been printed.

Overall professionalism was lacking and artistic merit is well below the standard one would expect. Poor quality is prevalent throughout his shots and color he chose to highlight in certain pictures. He even photo shopped eyes over one of our groomsmen using the eyes from the guy next to him. It made my friend look like Tori Spelling. Poor Quality, limited artistic vision, unresponsive unless it is about you paying him, and little to no professionalism.

• Wedding: 10/27/2012
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Working with Issa was a beautiful experience. We were treated wth such care and professionalism the entire day! He is such a good photographer and is very talented at setting up shots. We were nervous that having too many people in our bridal party would prevent us from getting all the romantic shots we wanted, but that was not the case! Issa's experience was so valuable!! He was terrific at directing us, as well as our bridal party, to ensure the best possible pose. His photographs are terrific and he is a pleasure to work with. My husband and I confidently recommend Issa!

• Wedding: 10/20/2012
0.6/5.0
  • Responsiveness: 0.5
  • Professionalism: 0.5
  • Value: 2.0
  • Flexibility: 0.0

You do NOT want to choose this guy. You would never guess that this seemingly nice and super friendly guy would ever stiff you. He didn't take great pictures at all. It took him almost 3 months to give us the CD and that was after repeated calls and emails to him. The worst part is that he never provided us our wedding album and it's been over a year! He would not answer anymore calls or emails and only replied after we advised we would take legal action. He tries to make you feel sorry for him, but then won't deliver in the end. He said he would get us the album but never has.

• Flexibility: 0.0

Athough my initial impression of Issa was positive, my opinion quickly changed after the wedding. The wedding itself was fine, he got a lot of good shots and was very professional. We received a flash drive with our photos approximately 2 months following the wedding with a letter stating that we needed to choose the photos that we wanted for our albums and send them back to him on a CD. I sent him the CD and haven't heard anything from him since. Our one year anniversary has come and gone, and still no wedding album!

Both my husband and I have called, emailed, texted and received no response from him. The worst part is that we paid extra to get albums for our parents as well. I've looked into having someone else make an album for us and the cost would be several hundred dollars, not including the albums we had wanted made for our parents. So at this point we either never get a wedding album (I've given up all hope on Issa Michel), or we have to pay additional money for something that was included in our contract with Issa Michel.

In summary, DO NOT USE ISSA MICHEL PHOTOGRAPHY!!

• Wedding: 10/13/2012
0.2/5.0
  • Responsiveness: 0.5
  • Flexibility: 0.0

Issa almost ruined my wedding day experience. He arrived an hour late to start taking photos and had the nerve to challenge me that he arrived on time. Once he realized that I was right, he didn't even apologize. He continually insulted my father and many members of my bridal party. He was down right disrespectful, rude, and unprofessional throughout the day. When I matched his behavior after the ceremony he threatened to leave (guess he could dish it out but couldn't take it).

It took over 3.5 months to receive our photos on a flash drive. Needless to say out of ~1000 shots taken only 10% were worth admiring. I swear he took over 50 photos of a chair and a program. There were photos that I wish I could have gotten, requested to have, but just weren't there.

Also, he does not "play nice" with others. Our videographer had a tough time editing because he would continually position himself in front of their main cameras. Also, when family members wanted to take shots, he would jump in and ruin some of their photos too.

We purchased the deluxe package but still have yet to receive our wedding album. Contacting Issa post ceremony has been impossible. He does not return emails, phone calls, or text messages. I wish I would have contracted with someone else for my photography needs. What seemed like a "steal - deal" initially turned out to be a night mare!

• Wedding: 09/22/2012
0.4/5.0
  • Quality of Service: 1.0
  • Value: 1.0
  • Flexibility: 0.0

We met this photographer at the Fairfax Bridal Showcase back in January 2012. Although we met various photographers among other vendors that day, we decided to go with him because he just seemed to be very charismatic and a fun person to work with.

We contacted him about setting up a time to meet and he was very responsive.
We decided to go with the Deluxe package which includes 1 photo book and we paid extra for two additional photo books.

After we signed the contract and paid for the service is when everything went bad!

It took several emails to finally set a date for the engagement pictures. They came out good. We were satisfied with them.

The day of the wedding, this photographer sent my husband a text message (did not even call) indicating that he had an emergency and that he could not make it to our wedding.........I almost panicked!!!! He explained in the text message that he had arranged for his two assistants to be there.

The assistants showed up and they were very professional about it. But I was at least expecting a call or a follow up email from him asking how everything went. We understand that yes sometimes emergencies happen, but we expected a bit more professionalism from him.

After the wedding, we had to contact him several times to ask what the next step would be.

When we receive our Cd pictures, it took us two months to have our picks for the photo books done. We sent the our final picks in January which means we should have received the albums by April (He had told us that it would take 3 months tops)

As of today September 12th, 2013, it has been 8 months since we sent our last picks and have not received a response from this photographer.
We have called, emailed, text messaged, facebook message, twitter and nothing.

We are extremely disappointed with his service.

I would definitely not recommend him

L Cruz
0.1/5.0
  • Value: 0.5
  • Flexibility: 0.0

- Initial contact = Positive. Hired Issa on basis of charismatic, fun and charming personality. Wanted a fun photographer to mix and mingle with our guests at the wedding.

- Engagement pictures = Positive. Response was appropriate, received pictures in timely fashion.

- Contact post engagement pictures = NEGATIVE. Rarely returned phone calls, had to chase him down to discuss details, ask questions etc. He always acted in a rush, calling from his car in between meetings, going on about how busy he was. Never felt like I was a priority.

- Wedding day = Unprofessional. Arrived on time, and was flexible due to change in schedule due to rain. Never went over must-haves or families. I didn't get any pictures with my separate split families (half-siblings, mom and full sibling, solo with my brother). At one point my bridesmaid mentioned that he had been outside for lengthy period of time drinking and smoking with the guests.

- Post Wedding = NEGATIVE. Received our pictures in a fairly timely fashion via CD. When I followed up asking what next steps were for online posting to share with family & friends - no response. When I submitted our selected pictures for the photo books in February - no response. Finally I received an email saying how busy he has been and he might need more time to finalize the books bc he wouldn't want to compromise the creative process - and this was only after multiple contacts! This was in May 2013 (4 months after he received our selections). Now it's September 2013 and I have emailed, facebooked, and called with NO RESPONSE!

I will likely be filing a formal complaint with the BBB and Attorney's General. After some research looks like I'm not the only one. There are 7 unresolved complaints about breach of contract of services with the BBB.

Don't let him schmooze you - this frustration is not worth the affordable package - especially when you don't get what you paid for!!

• Wedding: 08/25/2012
0.1/5.0
  • Flexibility: 0.0

Please check the Better Business Bureau before even considering booking Issa Michel. He has a F Rating...and now he's attempting to cover up bad reviews by requesting them to be reviewed by wedding wire - which means they're taken down.

1. He has 13 open complaints that he didn't even take the time to provide a response to.
2. I have been married now for 2 years and never received an online photo gallery, edited pictures, or a photo book
3. I had to constantly call, email, text, and argue my way to get in touch with Issa since he was avoiding all contact after the wedding - of course after the full payment was provided.

Overall, my experience with Issa Michel photography was horrendous. I am glad that I got a copy of our pictures so that I could take the time to put together my own photo book - just too bad I had to pay out of pocket to do so. DO NOT BOOK.

• Flexibility: 5.0

5 stars! Issa is great to work with. We are in love with the pictures he took at our wedding!! Our ceremony was a very traditional Indian ceremony with lots of important details, Issa captured it perfectly. Book him today!

• Wedding: 08/18/2012
  • Flexibility: 5.0

We are two very happy customers! Our wedding pictures are gorgeous! Take my advice, book Issa ASAP, he is fantastic!

• Wedding: 08/03/2012
703-597-5690
Please let this vendor know you found them on WeddingWire

My Awards