Holmes Music World

Value
Flexibility
Ryan
04/03/2015

Jeff was incredible and really made our wedding night perfect. Great communication, really helped move things along throughout the evening, worked well with all other parties involved, venue/pastor/coordinator/caterer. Enjoyed the music and played a variety of genres to engage all ages within the crowd. Really nice guy, would recommend to anyone I know.

Recently Married

Holmes Music World was great to work with and kept the party going! Everyone had such a great time!

Services Used: Band, DJ

We loved working with Jeff and Holmes Music World. It was really important to my husband and I to have good music at the wedding and a DJ who was not cheesy. Jeff was not cheesy at all, he was professional when making announcements during the reception and was helpful in setting up audio for the ceremony itself. He does a great job at reading the room and picking songs to either get people moving on the dance floor or keep everyone entertained while eating. Jeff was such a benefit to have on my team of vendors- he was quick to reply to any messages and executed the event without bothering my husband or I with any questions. He is professional and has a vast and diversified knowledge of music.

Services Used: Ceremony Music, DJ
Ben
09/20/2014

Holmes Music World did a amazing job at our wedding. Jeff played all the music we had requested, and was very easy to work with. We had some very last min changes to our music. Jeff never missed a beat. He was able to do our changes as if we had them planned from the beginning. He played music that got our guest dance all night long. I would recommend Holmes Music World to anyone needing a DJ. Thank you Jeff for your out standing job.

Valerie
06/21/2014

Jeff was awesome! He was great to work with and super easy. Every time I sent him an email he responded back within less than 12 hours even if he was out of town traveling. We would definitely use him again in a heart beat!

Jill
06/08/2014

Jeff Holmes was amazing to work with. He was open to all of our requests (and they were many!), ready to make recommendations, and provided helpful advice when requested. He could not have done a better job for our wedding!

Diane
06/07/2014

Jeff was professional, flexible and fun at our daughter and son-in-laws wedding reception. He was the perfect MC and DJ, and kept the evening flowing smoothly. The music selections were great and the dance floor was full the entire "dance" portion of the evening!

Recently Married

Jeff did an amazing job DJing our wedding reception! He was very knowledgeable about the whole process and made us feel very comfortable. The whole night went very smoothly and he definitely contributed to that. He played the songs we requested and did a great job keeping people on the dance floor! We had a blast and would definitely recommend him to everyone!

P.
05/17/2014

Jeff had a huge part in making our wedding spectacular. He coordinated effortlessly with us during the planning process, and it was easy for us to tailor musical selections to our preferences using his website, which houses his entire music library. Jeff also worked with the coordinator at our venue in perfect unison, pacing the timing for our ceremony music, introductions, and speeches & dances expertly so we never had to wonder what was happening next. On top of it all, he also mic'ed up our officiant for the ceremony, which was held outdoors. Jeff is a true professional as well as true lover of music, which was important to us when selecting a DJ. Several people commented to us how much the musical selections "felt like the two of you," and we don't think that would have been possible without Jeff's approach to event entertainment. We would recommend Jeff to anyone without hesitation.

Services Used: DJ, Entertainer, Lighting & Decor
Cortney
05/10/2014

We were so thrilled with our event because of the music! We were guided through the music of our event in the pre-meetings, as Jeff brought up points that we hadn't even realized. He always said, no problem & that he would take care of it. The music selection and emcee parts throughout the night were impeccable. Jeff even coordinated with the bartenders to make sure that toasts and champagne were passed at the correct times.

Services Used: Ceremony Music, DJ
Tanner
05/03/2014

Jeff Holmes was an absolutely amazing DJ for our wedding. He read the crowd and kept people on the dance floor the entire night. A DJ is key to a perfect wedding reception and he was everything we could have asked for.

He met with us several times beforehand to make sure we had everything set up. He responded to every e-mail promptly and was very comparable in price to other DJ's. He kept the reception flowing and let people have fun instead of talking on the mic all night! Another great aspect to Jeff was that he played the part of the songs you wanted to hear and moved on. This way we were able to dance to twice the songs!!

I have been to a ton of weddings and he by far was the BEST I have ever seen. Thank you Jeff for making our special day perfect!

Jeffrey
04/26/2014

Could not have been happier with Jeff! He was amazing. We told him we wanted our guests to have a great time. We have never put on a party of this size (250 people) and did not know what we were doing. We put it in his hands and he knocked it out of the park!!! Best news is, my buddy is getting married in June and Jeff is his DJ so I get to party with him again soon!

Would recommend him for any event. He has been doing this a long time. He did not want to be the center of attention. He did not do the goofy stuff most DJ's do at weddings. He helped us with things that are not in his "job description" like lining us up before he announced us into the reception, etc... He made us comfortable to the point that he was a part of the party and not a guy we hired.

Thanks Jeff for an awesome night!!!

Kaphillis
04/18/2014

I was married at Powell Gardens (Kingsville, MO) and planned my wedding all the way from Las Vegas, NV, where I reside. I didn't have any personal referrals for a DJ, only a list provided by the venue and I wasn't comfortable with any of them. So with the help of Google (yes Google) and weddingwire, I found Jeff Holmes and he was great!! His website drew me in immediately! It was user friendly and provided a lot of information. We had a very diverse group of guest and I could see from his site that he had all types of music that we loved. After meetig with him, he was happy to book a gig that allowed him to mix things up a bit. He was very professional! But most importantly, he listened to us during our brief meeting and provided everything we asked for during our reception. He adapted to my unconventional first dances, then he played my favorite song for the guests first dance, and for the last dance-a song by my husbands' favorite band (my husband didn't think it was possible to incorporate them into the reception). It was perfect! He was great and the guests were dancing all night! We couldn't have made a better decision. Thank you so much Jeff!!!

Kyle
03/29/2014

Wow. Just by reading Jeff's reviews, I knew Jenny and I were getting a great DJ that would keep the party going and people out on the dance floor. We were not disappointed. As expected Jeff has a vast knowledge of music, and great crowd awarness. As soon as the dance floor was getting a little light when playing a few classic's for the older crowd, he would switch genres to satisfy all of the friends and family our age. Exactly what you would want in a DJ. That alone makes Jeff worth the money, and wholeheartedly fulfilled the contract agreement as expected. What Jenny and I didn't expect was ALL the little things Jeff WENT OUT OF HIS WAY TO DO!
- Very organized in his preperations and meetings with us beforehand.
- Availability. Any question or concern we would have before, Jeff would respond to email/text in a matter of hours or even minutes.
- Suggested a perfect recessional song once he got an idea of our music style.
- Worked with my brother-in-law who performed our first dance with guitar, to ensure sound quality that day.
- Went out of his way and talked with my Aunt and Uncle who have a special needs daughter. Made their night. PRICELESS.
- Our caterer forgot to give us a plate for our cake cutting. Jenny and I didn't care in that moment. Jeff said, "No wait". He ran to get us a plate. SERIOUSLY WOW.
I am sure there our more great stories I will hear as week goes on. Jeff without a doubt is the best DJ you will find. But to Jenny and I, what made our wedding day... is Jeff is an even better human being, and could not have been a nicer guy!

1+ year ago

Holmes was recommended to us by our venue, The Berg, and thank goodness! Our DJ, Patrick Lentz, was absolutely fantastic. He was wonderfully communicative and helpful during the planning process, with a calm confidence that completely put me at ease. I never, ever worried that he would do anything less than an amazing job. He listened to all our requests and concerns, asked the right questions at the right times, and made sure that both our ceremony and reception were perfectly scored. I have never seen certain members of my family dance as happily and constantly as they did, thanks to Pat.

The term "wedding DJ" gets thrown around a lot as a synonym for cheesiness. I have to say that Pat is the complete opposite of that silly cliche: he's a total professional, a legitimately cool guy, a thoughtful and prepared professional, and a killer DJ with excellent taste and a sense for guiding the energy of a party.

My husband and I are so grateful.

Services Used: Band, Ceremony Music, DJ

He was great! He had 100 of our closest friends and family on the dance floor. It was amazing!