Father David St. John

(4.6 / 5.0)
Value:
Flexibility:

Father David St. John -
Simple and humble and was great to work with.
This is my first marriage and my husband's second marriage. I am Catholic and wanted to have a Catholic presence at my wedding even though we were not able to have it in a church, by Roman Catholic standards.

Also, I am Filipino and wanted to incorporate some Filipino traditions into the ceremony.
He was so easy to work with and was very accommodating and would make suggestions where it was needed. He really made things easy and smooth for the entire ceremony.

I was glad we were able to have him and preside over our wedding. I would not have it any other way.

• Wedding: 08/02/2013
4.6/5.0
  • Quality of Service: 4.5
  • Professionalism: 3.5
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Father David conducted our wedding ceremony, which was simple and very nice. My dealings with him were good. He was understanding of our situation and even let us pay the deposit a little later than we should have.
But, my husband wasn't as happy and felt Father David was condescending and gave me examples of a couple off color remarks that were made.
But, all in all, we were happy to have him with us on our wedding day and I would recommend him.

• Wedding: 1+ year ago
Profile Picture
Private User
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Father St. John was secured for us through our venue coordinator at the Mirage. He was great to work with via email prior to our destination wedding. He was responsive & understanding while helping me plan the ceremony.

We wanted a ceremony that had some Catholic aspects, but not a full-on mass. He helped us plan a ceremony with one religious reading, one non-religious poem, and a gospel reading.

He was unfortunately unavailable for our rehearsal, and so we were slightly nervous meeting him in person just minutes before our ceremony. We were so delightfully surprised when he introduced himself to us in our waiting room. He was pleasant, kind, and everything we hoped he would be. We were happy with how he conducted our ceremony--he didn't mention any thing inappropriate (I have been to more than a few weddings where the officiant mentions divorcing!), and he seemed genuine whenever he spoke.

He absolutely exceeded any expectations we had of our officiant and we would recommend him to anyone in Las Vegas looking for a ceremony with a similar feel.

For using an officiant

• Wedding: 2+ years ago
Profile Picture
Anonymous
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Father David St. John was very helpful with the wedding. He performed a beautiful ceremony and was very helpful. I was so lucky to have found a catholic preist that would perform a catholic ceremony outside of the church and marying a cathoic to a non-catholic. He was so professional and did an amazing job.

• Wedding: 07/13/2012
702-767-5683
Please let this vendor know you found them on WeddingWire