Evenstar Paperie

Professionalism
Value
Flexibility
1.2

My daughter contacted this company in February fir wedding invitations. To this date, she is still waiting for a design and proof!! No correspondence from Tessa, the owner, and the client list hasn't been updated since 3/4/15! Never had a problem when we used this company 4 years ago. I don't know what happened. Owner is difficult to contact. Do yourself a favor and deal with somewhere else!!

Recently Married
1.0

Tessa did my wedding and bridal shower invitations in 2011. And i loved them. She emailed me very quickly and when there was a problem like when she was short with my inviations, she sent me new ones overnight. But in the last 3 years this company has changed for the worst. I contacted Tessa Many times recently to do an upcoming party and never got a response at all. Not when i submitted the forms, or when i emailed her. I also recommended three of my girlfriends to get their invitations done with her and they also got the cold shoulder and were very neglected. They had to send emails multiple times and only after resending emails she would respond with no explaination. She was so bad with the emails my girlfriend called and when she called tessa seemed annoyed that she was calling. Her answers were very vage and overall i am so dissapointed. in 2011 i would have recommended her to anyone and everyone i know. Now all i can say is do yourself a favor and find someone else. Just not worth the stress. Hopefully one day it will change but as of now she doesnt seem to be fully devoted to her business and doesnt take care of her customers the way she used to. Im horrified i recommended her to my friends who now have to find a invitation person last minute because they havent been recieving any emails from her.

0.3

I wrote to Tessa the beginning of May 2014 inquiring about wedding invitations. I told her my budget and the style I was looking for. She told me that it was doable so I created a client login and I filled out my invitation inventory. I have sent her weekly emails inquiring about the design process and most of my emails go unnoticed or I have to re-email her multiple times before I even get a response. I'm talking like weeks between most emails. I even phoned her a few times and the impression I get is that I'm bothering her. So I tried to be patient and wait. It's now almost August and I still don't have a design or proof to look at. I feel like I'm sitting with my hands tied waiting. After 10 emails about the style I'm looking for, she tells me that it will be $4.20 per invitation but it's not the style I want! For the style I want it's actually $1.25 more which puts me over budget. Not only have I been waiting 12 weeks to see a proof, but she totally goes back on her word about doing the style I want for the budget I requested to stay with in. My invitations need to go out by the middle september. So I decided to go to Custom Invitations by Joanne and after 2 hours, my invitations are designed and ordered. She was so helpful, straight forward and sweet to work with! I feel like a weight has been lifted off my shoulders that my invitations are complete. As a bride we have so many things to worry about, and this shouldn't be one of them!

Services Used: Invitations

I cannot thank Tessa enough for all the amazing work she did for me. I had my Save The Dates, Invitations, Thank Yous, Table Numbers, and Escort Cards done with Evenstar and everything came out exactly as I imagined it. She always responded to my emails quickly, even at late hours! Tessa was very organized and the process was very easy. I have already recommended several friends. Definitely the best vendor I booked for my wedding!

1+ year ago

Invitations are absolutely seamless and beautiful, make a lasting impression that my guests won't stop talking about!

1+ year ago

Invitations were beautifully designed and paper was great.

Evenstar Paperie responded with the following comments:

Despite several hours of attempting to clearly explain the basis for our decision-making on this issue, it is with much regret that we admit this client could not be satisfied with our attempts to rectify our error (a software recovery error resulted in the client's guest attire preference to be omitted from the printed invitation).

A monetary award could not be issued because the client broke the terms of the service contract by not notifying us of the error or giving us a chance to replace the flawed piece until after she'd already distributed the invitations.

The client refused our offer to mail her guests an additional insert that would specify the attire preference and then threatened poor reviews should she not receive a monetary award. The client has also issued a payment dispute for the full amount of her service fees, the outcome of which is pending following an investigation of the contract terms.

We are dedicated to finding a resolution to this issue and we send our hearts, thoughts and prayers to the client's family as we were unaware of this development.

Amanda
11/08/2013

My whole process from start go finish making my wedding invitations was a breeze! Tessa made everything so easy and I was beyond satisfied with the outcome. I still to this day get compliments on my invitations. Absolutely amazing!! I've referred all my friends who are getting married to evenstar paperie

Services Used: Invitations

My husband and I got married on October 13, 2013 in NYC. Evenstar Paperie was recommended to me by one of my coworkers who got married in 2012 . I am so happy with my decision to use their services . My invitations were beyond anything I could have dreamed of. It's been almost a year since our invitations went out and friends and family are still commenting on how amazing they were. I've recommended Evenstar to several of my friends and family who are getting married and will continue to do so. If you are thinking about using Evenstar Contact them ! take a look at the amazing gallery You will not regret it. Couture invitations at an unbelievable price . I wish I could give more then 5 stars :-)

Monika
08/17/2013

My invitations were amazing and beautiful. They were exactly what I wanted .An wedding invitation to me shows a preview/glimpse of what the wedding will be like so it was important that they looked amazing. I got so many comments on them everyone was impressed . I will definitely recommend Evenstar Paperie to all my friends and family that will be getting married in the future. They did great job!

3.1

Tessa is the owner of Evenstar Paperie. Her initial work with our invitations was unbelievable. She worked quickly and tailored our invitations to suit each request we gave her. She was a true delight to work with. Tessa responded to every email immediately. Our invitations were beautiful and received many compliments. I even recommended her to recently engaged friend....UNTIL:
Three weeks before the wedding I emailed Tessa to send a sample of our linens (so she could match the colors of the menus) and received no response. A week later, I forwarded the email to her again. This time she responded but did not answer my questions. Two weeks before my wedding she hadn't even begun to design our wedding day stationary (programs, menus, place cards, etc.). I was very nervous she would not finish in time. After speaking to her production manager Eleanor we were able to make some progress, but it was like pulling teeth. She did not respond quickly to emails and even disappeared again the week before the wedding. I called to cancel our contract and she finally emailed me back saying she had a migraine.
Once received we were happy with it. Everything looked great at the wedding (table numbers, flip flop basket, hotel gift bags).
Don't get me wrong, Tessa does great work and she successfully worked with two of our close friends in the past. But: the last minute wedding day stationary production and design was stressful.

Services Used: Invitations

A friend of mine used this company for her invitations which I loved, so when I got engaged I was very excited to be able to use them. All the invitations or created based on your vision. You start out by filling in an inventory sheet. If your anything like me I had no idea what i envisioned! I was always going back and forth. After filling out the sheet Tessa got back to me and was so super helpful! most of the communication is done through email which I liked because being a teacher I do not have time during the day to take phone calls. Anything I was confused about Tessa was able to answer my questions. Based on your initial inventory she will create 2 designs for you to look at. It was great because you were able to see it and make as many suggestions and revisions as needed (fonts, colors, size, wording...) The process continues... after she will create the mock up of the invitation and send it to you with tons of paper samples and ribbon choices so that you can make further revisions. Tessa is super knowledgable and very accommodating. I highly recommend Evenstar. A few weeks before our wedding you can even order wedding day stationary to match you invitations... (programs, card boxes, seating chart..)

Services Used: Invitations

Beautiful invitations!! Clean, clear, bright and beautiful colors and sleek design! We loved our invitations and received many compliments on them! Evenstar Paperie allows you to monitor the progress of your invitations on their website and it was a great way to ease anxiety as I knew what was happening with our invites every step of the way! They were flexible and willing to work with me to make our invitations exactly what we envisioned! Fantastic service that I will absolutely recommend!

Ana
05/18/2013
4.7

Evenstar Paperie prepared my invitations, menus and programs for my wedding. My input was gotten throughout the entire process and all changes were made quickly. Everything was done beautifully. I would definitely recommend!

2+ years ago

I was very pleased with my wedding invitations! They looked exactly like I had imagined and were the basis for the remainder of the wedding decor. There was some miscommunication about when I was to receive my invitations so I had to send them out later than I had wanted.

Services Used: Invitations

Our invitations were beautiful! We got many compliments on them and we were very happy with the process and the result.

Crystal
05/10/2013

I couldn't be happier with how my invitations came out, Evenstar Paperie did such an amazing job. I got so many compliments and people wanting to know where I got them done. Tessa always responded back to my emails right away! I would choose this company over and over again if I had to :-)