Coast 2 Coast Catering & Events

Coast 2 Coast Catering & Events

Favorite
Jasper, GA
Is this your business? Claim this listing
• Customize your Storefront with your business info
• Network with and learn from other professionals
• Showcase your work with photos & videos
• Collect reviews from your clients and build more credibility

Quality of Service
Responsiveness
Professionalism
Value
Flexibility

The guys there are so warm and friendly and really working with me to stay within my small budget. Helping me look at alternatives to save and suggesting options to cut back on prices. I really appreciate their willingness to work with us to have a nice day but still within our ability.

Services Used: Catering, Flowers

Hector and Gerard are the best! They went over and above for my daughter's wedding --- great food, great decor, great service! Love you, guys!

1 Review
Recently Married
0.9

We were so excited to book Coast to Coast Catering for our wedding after tasting their food and their claims that we would be able to customize our menu to include a special regional dish. The tasting was amazing and we couldn't wait to share this amazing food with our guests.

We paid for 108 guests and only had 95 show up (a perfect wedding size for us). However, during the reception we ran out of mashed potatoes, the cheapest food to make. We paid for nine extra people and still ran out of food! This was not the only dish we ran out of, but it was the one we never thought could.

In addition to this, they did not prepare the special regional dish we had requested and prepared something else completely (from a different country, actually). When questioned about this, they claimed that this is what we requested all along, despite having something different at the tasting.

We chose to have Coast to Coast prepare a pie bar for our wedding rather than a traditional wedding cake. We talked about decorating the table nicely and having six different pies for our guests to sample at will. The actual table included no decorations other than the flowers we put there ourselves, but also we paid $750 for only 14 pies! Since we had run out of different types of food, the catering staff guarded the pies fiercely and our guests didn't get to try but one tiny piece.

While these were small hiccups on our absolutely wonderful wedding day, I wrote to Coast to Coast to try to get some type of refund for running out of food, not preparing the very specific dish guests were most excited about, and for providing a pie bar that wasn't worth the value we paid. I never heard anything back, not even a response to my email.

I would not recommend this caterer to anyone. On the outset it seemed our expectations would be more than surpassed, but these were not close to met on our wedding day.

1 person found this review helpful
1 Review
Recently Married

Love these guys! Gerard and Hector provided catering and flowers for my daughters wedding.
Their food is delicious and more unique than many of the other caterers we considered.
They even made a special dish that my daughter requested.
The flowers were beautiful and the bouquets were Huge!
Like all events, there were some last miniute glitches, but Gerard came to the rescue
every time. He even mowed some weeds that got in the way of his decorating vision.
Now that is service!
Thanks so Gerard, Hector and the Coast 2 Coast staff for all you did to make our event special!

Services Used: Catering, Flowers

WOW! What can I say? Coast-2-Coast provided the catering for my daughters wedding and it was OUTSTANDING! Working with Hector and Gerard was such a pleasure. So easy to work with and kind people. They care about and know every detail to ensure an unforgettable wedding reception whether it be the drinks they prepare, the fabulous meal and desserts, the presentation. All top notch - excellent! Love you guys and THANK YOU!! You both truly care about the people you serve.

Services Used: Catering

Coast 2 Coast did a WONDERFUL job for our wedding at The Wheeler House in July! Hector and Gerard did a great job brining our vision to life regarding our menu and food display. We infused some Kenyan touches into our menu such as samosas, mondazis, and traditional Kenyan chai tea and coffee. Hector and Gerard did an amazing job reworking these authentic recipes until they were just right! The rest of our menu was authentically southern comfort food- BBQ pulled pork sandwiches, ham hock green beans, jalapeño crusted macaroni and cheese, coleslaw and potato salad. Everyone was raving about our food and how delicious it was! We also had C2C do a dessert pie bar for us which was amazing! The presentation of the buffet and pie bar was so incredible! Overall, we were so pleased with their service and their willingness to meet our needs and our specific vision!

1+ year ago

Coast2Coast Catering did an absolutely fabulous job with my wedding on April 12th. Hector and Gerard were so supportive and easy to work with. I have food allergies and they put me so at ease with all the food preparations. They developed a fantastic menu that catered to all of my dietary needs. The food was amazing and delicious. No one even realized that it was gluten-, soy- or corn-free. They also were extremely accommodating on the desserts and bar which I provided and they served. Their staff were all great as well and the attention to detail was perfect. I would suggest that anyone looking for a cater should choose them. Thank you Hector and Gerard for making my day so wonderful!

Services Used: Catering

Words cannot describe how pleased I am with everything that Hector and Gerard did for us on our wedding day! They handled the food, the flowers, the wedding cake and the grooms cake! These guys go out of their way to make you feel special and they work hard for you. Before we even booked them they drove about an hour away to meet us for dinner to go over everything the could offer us. After leaving there I felt very confident they would do an amazing job. At first we were just going to book them for the catering but we loved them so much we went with them for the flowers and cakes as well. The food was awesome! I have heard so many good things from my guest on the food and the apps. One thing in particular that I loved hearing was that our food didn't taste like the typically wedding dinner. It tasted like we were out a 5 star restaurant. I was so happy that all of my guest loved the food. The cakes were AMAZING. I gave them a picture of the cake I wanted and they recreated it perfectly if not better! I gave them some ideas for the grooms cake. Just things he liked and they created a lovely grooms cake. The flowers turned out Beautiful! They were so fresh and arranged perfectly. I cannot thank them enough for everything they did for me on my wedding day. These guys know what they are doing and I highly recommend them. You wont be disappointed. I met with them a couple of times and they did the rest! They captured everything I wanted in those 2 meetings! I couldn't have imagined a more perfect wedding because of them! Hector and Gerard are the best there is!!!!

Services Used: Catering, Flowers, Wedding Cake

Amazing caterers! Cannot recommend them enough! They handled the decorations, the snacks, the bar, the wedding cake, and all the meals. The staff was professional and so nice. Would definitely use again.

Services Used: Catering, Flowers, Wedding Cake

Hector and Gerard are people you want on your team. Their ability to execute my vision was just simply fantastic. The ease of having one vendor do flowers, food, cake, and decor just made life easier and it meant that all those things seamlessly coordinated. Leading up to the wedding, the food was seriously one of the things we looked the most forward to because we knew our guests were going to be so wowed by what Hector and Gerard had created! The cake was a dream both in flavor and decor and all of their little touches (from the menu cards to finding my perfect flower that we really thought would be impossible to find during this time of year) really showed that they were invested in our big day. They are so in demand that sometimes it was harder to get in touch with them than I would have liked, though now they have an assistant to help with communication and since that addition we never had a problem. You really won't regret having them as part of your team. Its amazing how they blend that 'home' feeling with the classiest touch.

Services Used: Catering, Flowers, Lighting & Decor, Wedding Cake
Ashley
09/14/2013

I do not think I can give enough praise to Coast2Coast. Gerard and Hector of Coast2Coast Catering & Events truly made it possible for my dream wedding to come to life! They took everything I told them I wanted and made my vision a reality. Knowing they were running the show gave me, my groom, and my mom confidence to let them handle the wedding day so we could enjoy the amazing day without stress about the major items of decor, food, flowers, etc. With their team, Gerard & Hector truly ran a flawless event from start to finish.

All of our guests have nothing but the highest praise and compliments for the ceremony decor, the cocktail hour, and reception and how well it represented me and my groom's tastes and styles. The flowers, decor, and candles were gorgeous beyond belief. The bar service was flawless. The cocktail hour was fun, unique, and inventive with delicious culinary delights that all guests raved about. The reception was out of a fairytale! The dinner was one of the best I have ever had and the wedding cake was not only gorgeous but one of the best cakes (not just wedding cakes) that we had ever tasted. We told Gerard and Hector from the beginning that we did not want "wedding food," and they truly provided us with a five star culinary experience that you could get at any five star restaurant - and they did it all outside from a mobile kitchen in humid Georgia weather! They pulled off our wedding flawlessly and exceeded our expectations.

I would hire the Coast2Coast team to do any event! And, I hope I have the chance to work with them soon.

Services Used: Catering, Flowers, Lighting & Decor, Wedding Cake, Wedding Planning

The 3 Amigos! What a wonderful and grand event! EVERY THING went perfectly...seamless...excellent....no problems. We love these guys - Hector, Gerard and Sean. You won't find any better any where! They are truly "a one call-that's all!" They can do anything to perfection. Our wedding was a grand event and they handled it with ease, professionalism and were all so gracious. And the flowers and decorations were spectacular! Wait till you see Hector's cake creations! He is a master. Thanks to each of you! xoxoxoxoxox

Services Used: Catering

5 stars does not begin to explain how pleased we were with Coast 2 Coast Catering. Hector and Gerard, affectionately known as "The Boys" by our families, know how to do a wedding. From the second that we met them, we felt at ease and knew that we were in good hands. Their food is incredible. We are foodies, and when we went for the tasting, we knew we were in for a treat: every bite was better than the last. Hector and Gerard really listened to us to create a menu of our favorite foods: we had chicken parmesan, spinach fettuccine, baked ziti, vegetable bundles, bread, and the famous Gerard salad. Their red sauce is out of this world!!! For cocktail hour, the guys went above and beyond with delicious spreads and the most amazing cheeses. They also provided our grooms "cake": a tower of eclairs. Everyone raved about the food at our wedding. Additionally, Gerard handled the flowers. He worked with us to create beautiful floral designs with my favorite flowers and yet also kept to a reasonable price point. I had so much fun working with him to select the flowers for everything.

Even when we had to change venues with less than 3 1/2 months before the wedding, Hector and Gerard (and their wonderful assistant Sean) went above and beyond to help make a seamless transition. Hector, Gerard, and the Coast 2 Coast team are not only amazing chefs and beautiful flower arrangers, but they are wonderful people. We love them so much and are so blessed to have met them and have had them involved with our wedding and lives. They truly care about their customers, and we could not have imagined our wedding without "The Boys" taking care of the catering, flowers, and most importantly, us.

Services Used: Catering, Flowers

I cannot begin to express my deepest pleasure working with Gerard and Hector. Not only are they amazing people, but they are incredibly professional and they can COOK! We first ran into them at a venue that we did not end up selecting, but loved the samples they had. They custom created our wedding menu based on our likes/dislikes. My husband and I are total foodies, and they made the best food ever. We had several food stations including Latin, Italian, and Hawaiian food. It was the talk of the wedding, and everyone cant stop talking about how great the food was. Everyone has said its the best wedding food they have ever had. I give not only my deepest thanks to Hector and Gerard, but my highest recommendation for future brides/grooms. They do not disappoint.

Coast 2 Coast Catering & Events responded with the following comments:

Wow. You two are so kind! It really was OUR pleasure. You two were so easy and exciting to work with. We love when people think outside the box. It gives us a chance to really have some fun. Again, CONGRATULATIONS and we hope to see you two soon.

Our best,
Gerard & Hector

Services Used: Catering

Gerard and Hector does an amazing job of catering. The presentation and quality of food preparation is above and beyond all expectations.