Cityplace Events

Professionalism
Value
Flexibility
Recently Married

My wedding turned out beautiful at Cityplace Events. Working with Darlene and Lauro was a very good experience, they were there to help with everything we needed. The reception went off without any glitches and I know it had everything to do with the wonderful staff at Cityplace Events.

Recently Married

Cityplace is the way to go! Darlene and Lauro will take such good care of you. Every meeting we had with them was efficient and professional. They seek to serve and accommodate all you need. They were kind and sincere in all our interactions. I didn't have to worry about a thing on our big day! Thank you, Cityplace!

J.
01/31/2015

Working with Darlene and Lauro at Cityplace was a perfect experience for our daughter's wedding reception. The 42nd floor was absolutely wonderful and each detail was handled with care and professionalism that put us entirely at ease and feeling 100% confident about having our event at Cityplace. Darlene and Lauro were easy to communicate with and always answered our many questions promptly and patiently. They were very kind and caring while also being very knowledgable and professional. The location was perfect and the room was already decorated beautifully. The appetizers and buffet were delicious and our guests all enjoyed every morsel. We loved the fact that we didn't have to rent anything! Cityplace has everything you need in the way of linens, tables, chairs, chair pads, silverware, cake stands, glassware, glass cylinders for candles, votives, etc. to make the evening enchanting. The price per guests was very reasonable for the food, service, and facility. Many of our guests said it was one of the most beautiful receptions they had ever been to and that the food was exceptional! Hats off to the chef. We felt they bent over backwards to please and provide all that we could have ever dreamed of wanting or needing. The view was breathtaking and the service and care given on the night of the reception was unbelievable! Cityplace is "the place" for a reception! On a scale of 1-10 Cityplace gets a 10.

Laura
01/24/2015

We fell in love with the 42ND floor at Cityplace for our wedding. The venue is set up perfectly for weddings, and the view is fabulous. Darlene was great to work with from day 1. She was always quick to answer all of my questions and she stayed on top of all of the event details. Lauro was also excellent - he made sure everything ran smoothly on the day of the wedding. Overall fantastic experience at Cityplace. The food was excellent and all of our guests kept complimenting us on how great the venue was. I highly recommend Cityplace!

Amanda
12/13/2014

I can't say enough good things about Cityplace Events! It was literally the perfect venue for our wedding. The views were amazing (we used the entire 42nd floor for our ceremony and reception), the rooms were beautiful, and the service was unbeatable. All of our guests had a wonderful time.
Darlene was absolutely wonderful during the planning process. She quickly responded to any questions I had and went above and beyond to make sure that our wedding went perfectly! You can tell that she loves her job! She was so sweet and such a pleasure to work with!
Lauro was our service director and was also wonderful. The entire night went smoothly- not a single thing went wrong!
Andrew Ormsbry does the catering at Cityplace. The food is to die for! Our guests LOVED the dinner selections.
I would highly recommend Cityplace Events!

Services Used: Catering, Ceremony & Reception Venue, Rehearsal Dinner Location
Rachel
10/31/2014

Beautiful venue, excellent food and service! Very glad I chose. Cityplace for my wedding ceremony and reception

Services Used: Ceremony & Reception Venue, Rehearsal Dinner Location
Recently Married

Our wedding at Cityplace Tower went off without a hitch thanks to Lauro! We dropped off so many things that needed to be set up in very particular ways and he made sure it was done perfectly. He also looked after my husband and me all night, making sure we had food and drinks and anything else we needed. He and Darlene were also a joy to work with from the beginning. I cannot say enough good things about this venue!

Services Used: Ceremony & Reception Venue

Choosing Cityplace for our ceremony and reception was one of the best decisions we have ever made. From start to finish they made the process smooth and stress-free. We had the pleasure of working directly with Darlene, Lauro, and Johnny, who all went over and beyond to make our day extraordinary. The food was terrific, views were breathtaking, and the overall atmosphere in the 24th and 42nd floors was just right. I absolutely recommend Cityplace!

Services Used: Catering, Ceremony & Reception Venue

The staff at City Place is awesome!! It is a beautiful place to have your wedding and the staff made it even better! Darlene, the Event Director, was such a blessing and extremely helpful. She was also readily available to assist as needed and answered our questions right away. Lauro and Jason, the Service Directors are incredible!! The staff works soo hard to make sure the family and guests are happy and they are amazing at their jobs. Truly a 5 Star evening!

Lisa
08/02/2014

Darlene and her team at Cityplace are absolutely fantastic. If you have a life cycle event please ,please book CP. Darlene from the first time we toured CP was professional and detailed to the wedding day. She is quick to respond to e-mails and she worked well with me, the bride and our wonderful planner Lauren.
Darlene's entire team, the chef, the dining staff and the dining room managers were equally wonderful and such a pleasure to deal with. Their follow up was excellent and they did exactly what they said and promised to do. I highly recommend them. I give them a 10 on everything!!! BTW-the rom we used was awesome-the ceiling treatment would cost a fortune to do if we had to pay for this but it was already there. Book CP and please use Darlene and her amazing team. Our first wedding and it made it so much easier working with this professional team. BTW-the food was awesome too.

Services Used: Ceremony & Reception Venue, Rehearsal Dinner Location
1+ year ago

Great staff top-to-bottom! Great to work them all! Darlene, our Event Director, was such a blessing to have as a resource for us. Her expertise helped us avoid pitfalls; and her suggestions were perfect solutions. Lauro, our Service Director, oversaw all wedding activity for the evening---including the seated, plated dinner. He even made sure special requests were carried out from set up through pack up! Food was beyond amazing!!! Truly a 5 Star evening!

Jacqueline
05/31/2014

I planned and executed my wedding in 1.5 months. I rented out the 42nd floor for both my ceremony and reception. The team at Cityplace was the best team a girl should want for her wedding. They were so happily responsive and professional that I felt like the luckiest girl in the world. My wedding exceeded both my guests and my expectations. Everyone raved how beautiful and flawless the wedding was days afterwards. The wedding went off without a hitch and no one would have known that I planned it in such a short timeframe. My now husband was quite impressed of all the hard work that I had put into the event and was very happy on our wedding day. Darlene Cope and Lauro, our Event Manager was the best team that a bride should want on her side for her wedding day. If I had to do it all over again, I will choose Cityplace hands down and know that I don't have to worry. I would highly recommend this space for any wedding or event.

Wanda
05/25/2014

My daughter's wedding was on Sunday May 25, 2014, Dallas, TX; approx. 200+ attendees. Darlene Cope was the Director of Wedding Sales and I worked with her from start to finish. She was outstanding! She assisted with the planning and coordinating of the wedding. She was flexible, friendly, professional, and readily available to assist as needed; she helped with obtaining outside vendors and answered my questions immediately and/or in a timely manner. Laura Echeverria was the Service Director. He was instrumental in coordinating services on the day of the wedding. He arrived early and was essential in the arrival and coordinating of outside vendors (Cake, DJ, Florist, Videographers, Photographers, etc.). He was very professional, friendly, calm, proactive, and anticipated assistance needed for the day. In summation, “Lauro was a God send.” He made sure that the event went off as planned. I must say overall “This was some of the best service I have ever received; truly an amazing team to work with.” I polled several of my guest prior to writing this review and here are some of the comments: “The food was delicious and hot; service was great; the view was amazing; gorgeous venue.” I would definitely recommend this vendor.

Services Used: Ceremony & Reception Venue

The venue coordinators were fabulous to work with! It was an incredible night! Our rehearsal dinner was SO special because of the food, setup and attention to detail by the staff at CityPlace.

Services Used: Catering, Ceremony & Reception Venue, Event Rentals & Photobooths
1+ year ago

Rehearsal dinner was a great success! The view from the 42nd floor was incredible and started our evening off on a high note....The service was great, the food was delicious, the planning and coordination went smoothly and we had a wonderful time! I would certainly recommend Cityplace Events!

Annie
03/08/2014

The staff and the professionalism at Cityplace was spectacular. Darlene is my hero because she was the most responsive coordinator when I needed her the most and she seemed to understand everything I wanted. She told me that there are some events are really stand out to her and that our wedding was one of those special moments. If I could I would do it all over again and wouldn't change a thing about Cityplace.