Cabana Blue

Cabana Blue

Santa Rosa Beach, FL
850.622.3335
The owner has indicated they are no longer in business.

Quality of Service
Responsiveness
Professionalism
Value
Flexibility
4.7

I cannot say enough great things about Cabana Blue. I had my wedding and reception there and it was absolutely amazing. Their staff (especially Laura) is excellent and always willing to help in ANY way they can. I was so happy and impressed with how well my wedding and reception turned out. Laura made sure that we had everything we needed and was so helpful throughout the night. The food was great and all of my guests had a wonderful time. The atmosphere and view is breathtaking... I don't have a single regret about my wedding!

Leigh
05/18/2013

I had my wedding at cabana blue and it was amazing! Just the venue we had in mind. We got married in the garden area and it was breathtaking. We're still hearing from our guests who say it was one of the best weddings they've been to and a huge reason they're saying that is because of the venue! It's gorgeous and break taking yet its laid back and comfortable.

Alexa and Laura fielded ALL of my questions and helped me out with everything. There were a few things we wanted to do that we couldn't do at the venue (sparklers, Chinese lanterns - for the exit) but its understandable why we couldn't do it. And the live band has to stop at 10pm because they are outside but you're going to find that at most outdoor venues in the area (noise ordinance). But I think you can go later at Bentleys (sister property across the street) because the band will be inside.
Big positives:
You can bring your own alcohol in
Band can be outside under patio
The dock on the bay is gorgeous and everyone loved it.
The couches on the beach/patio were a big hit
Food/appetizers are through the venue and everyone loved those!

After looking at 10 venues in the area, we narrowed it down between Bentley's and cabana blue. Both amazing venues!!! I highly recommend either!

Services Used: Ceremony & Reception Venue

Beautiful venue site. The trees, moss, decks, lights and pier are all amazing. LOVED our wedding here....The area is just stunning. Laura did a great job pulling our day together and gave enough direction to be a help instead of overbearing. Thank you for making our special day so wonderful Cabana blue.

Services Used: Ceremony & Reception Venue

Cabana Blue was the perfect venue for our wedding! It is beautiful in itself and our guests absolutely loved it! The food, venue, and our coordinator Laura were nothing but great. All the staff there were very professional and prompt with all my communications (since this was a long distance wedding for us). Best wedding venue in the area hands down!

Services Used: Ceremony & Reception Venue

My daughter decided early on that she wanted a beach wedding, so she did an Internet search and came up with Cabana Blue. Since we live about 300 miles from Santa Rosa Beach I was reluctant to sign on until we were able to see it in person. After she and her fiance made a visit she was hooked, didn't even want to check out any other venues, even though CB is bayside rather than on the beach as she had originally planned. I was uneasy about planning a wedding using mainly emails and phone calls but Laura and the rest of the staff made it so easy. We only made one trip down to choose the food, cake, etc., as well as meet with outside vendors. Since we weren't familiar with the area we used vendors they recommended and were pleased with the choices, especially the florist, photographer and hairstylist. In between visits we exchanged plenty of emails and phone calls but they were always prompt (and patient!) in returning them.The wedding itself was beautiful, it was a gorgeous setting and despite an unusually cold weekend for March everyone had a great time. The food was awesome, we had lots of compliments on it, plus I got to actually enjoy it because Laura reminded me to eat! The baker did a great job with the cake also. All in all it was an unique experience that fit my daughter's personality so perfectly. Anyone looking for a destination wedding venue should check it out!

Services Used: Ceremony & Reception Venue

Cabana Blue was absolutely amazing!! The setting is placed right on the bay, and it was perfect for a sunset ceremony. Laura Ekstrom was our wedding coordinator and she made sure everything went perfectly. She made sure we didn't stress, specifically me, and just let us enjoy all of the festivities of our big day! She coordinated with our florist who set up our decor and ceremony settings. It was beautiful. Sugar lilly sweetshop, who is the in house bakery, made the most delicious and beautiful cupcakes! She was open to some new ideas, and it turned out so yummy! The catering is also in house, and we had the most amazing southern bbq chicken, bourban baked beans, and 3 potatoe salad. My guests are still raving about how beautiful Cabana Blue was, and how much they loved the food. Laura, and the staff always responded to me in a timely manner, and let us know when they weren't going to be available. I would highly recommend this place or bentley's on the bay, their other venue, right across the street. Thanks again Laura!!

Services Used: Catering, Ceremony & Reception Venue, Wedding Cake

What a wonderful "dream" wedding my husband and i just had at cabana blue Friday OCT 5th 2012! Im from Tennessee and wanted a destination wedding in Florida, not knowing where to start, and i came across this jewell, and boy what a treat!!!
It was more amazing than I could have ever imagined. Thank you to all the staff for making it EFFORTLESS! My wedding planner Laura Pleas Ekstrom with Bentleys on the Bay, my caterer Melinda for the delicious (talked about all night) food, my florist Tim at Botaniq for the breath taking floral designs, my photographer Amanda with Jubilee Photography, the cake decorater with Sugarlilly Sweet Shop, my super fun energetic DJ Kenny, and my sweet sweet ceremony led by DR. Devoll Fisher with Gulf talent services. I have never had so much fun, and been so pleased working with all of you. You all are truly wonderful talented individuals. If you're planning a wedding in Florida, and want your dreams to come true use all of the above i dare you! My extreme gratitude to you all I will never forget this day!

Services Used: Ceremony & Reception Venue

I can't say enough about Laura and her crew at Cabana Blue - they truly made my wedding experience so wonderful and so easy for me and my husband! From the planning to the execution, every concern was quickly addressed and I felt so confident with her ability to make sure things ran smoothly, my husband and I both commented at the end of the night that she was awesome - it really was the best wedding ever!

Anonymous
2+ years ago

Cabana Blue is AMAZING! Our wedding was perfect in every way. The venue is the best in Florida; you get the beach aspect as well as the casual and elegant garden. The staff is beyond fabulous and I worried about every detail because I’m type A and a control freak but I didn’t need to. They thought of everything. I was an out of town bride and the wedding couldn’t have gone any better, truly the best in the area. If you want a beach, laid back, beautiful location – this is your place.
My flower girl even tee tee’d on Laura and she was a trooper!

Anonymous
2+ years ago

We had our June wedding here and it was absolutely beautiful!! Alexa and Laura were very helpful and informative. The venue was everything we could have imagined. It was an indoor/outdoor, which was perfect for a summer wedding and we got to choose how we wanted everything arranged. The venue also did catering, the cake, bartenders, and the tables and chairs, which was really convenient. The pictures turned out beautifully!!

4.7

Couldn't have asked for a better venue and staff. One of the very few things I am completely satisfied about with our wedding. The ceremony, reception, catering, cake, and table/chair rentals all in one place. While I didn't have the luxury of shopping around for better deals, it definitely eased a bride's mind on the day of the wedding.

Love the Cabana Blue!

Services Used: Ceremony & Reception Venue

Thanks to this absolutely gorgeous venue and it's wonderful staff, my wedding was completely perfect. We only had our reception there, as the ceremony was in a church, and I wouldn't change a thing. Everything ran so smoothly, and I honestly didn't have to worry about anything on my big day. The convenience of having the caterer and baker inhouse was extremely helpful as well, especially since I am an out-of-town bride. From our private moment with appetizers and cocktails before our entrance into the party until our grand exit, everything about our reception and Cabana Blue was magical and perfect. You will not regret booking this venue!

Services Used: Catering, Ceremony & Reception Venue, Event Rentals & Photobooths, Wedding Cake, Wedding Planning
4.7

My wedding was at Cabana Blue and it was the most magical night of our lives!! Iris was our coordinator (through Cabana Blue) and she did an amazing job and was great to work with... everything went so smooth! And the caterer (Melinda) was amazing ... the food was unbelievable and she really went the extra step too! And the venue itself is breath-taking. It would be great if the reception could be 1/2 hour - hour longer, but other than that it was perfect!!

Services Used: Ceremony & Reception Venue

Absolutely LOVED having our wedding & reception at Cabana Blue. Laura was amazing and so helpful with the entire planning process! Our guests loved our venue. It did rain on our wedding day & we had to make some changes, but the event still turned out well despite the weather. The only thing I would suggest differently is maybe making the rental an hour longer. 4 1/2 hours seemed sort of rushed to do the 'normal' wedding activities - toasts, cake cutting, garter, bouquet, etc. Most of our guests totally missed the cake cutting because they had no idea it was happening. As a whole, loved Cabana Blue & Laura so much & would suggest them to anyone and everyone planning a wedding right now!

Services Used: Ceremony & Reception Venue

Cabana Blue gave us the perfect wedding day. The venue looked perfect, and everyone we worked leading up to the wedding, and the day of, was extremely helpful. We loved the convenience of having the caterer, baker and coordinator all in one place. We've received so many compliments on how good the food and cake was as well as how beautiful the venue itself looked. Our coordinator was extremely helpful and make the day transition seamlessly. As a local couple, we found Cabana Blue to be a refreshing antidote to the beach wedding. Very classy. Very highly recommend!

Services Used: Ceremony & Reception Venue

It was such an amazing venue and experience! The venue itself is amazing and the staff couldn't make you feel more welcome or like a bride! The entire experience with them is seamless and stress free!