Brockington Hall Event Venue and Inn

Responsiveness
Professionalism
Value
Flexibility

Let me just start off with saying, if I could give this vendor higher than a 5.0 rating, I would. There could not be a better vendor than working with Melissa and Lee at Brockington Hall. To warn brides that are just beginning the wedding process, my biggest headache of the entire process was dealing with vendors. People don't call you back or take weeks (even with multiple emails or phone calls) to get back to you to answer questions, etc. Melissa would respond to me immediately or within hours for EVERY time I reached out to them. She made the entire process seamless. They were extremely flexible with working with me and I just wish all vendors could be like them. My wedding was on a Friday and since I live out of town, Melissa & Lee let me bring over my stuff early. Since no other events were going on that weekend, they let me gather my stuff Saturday morning (some venues charge you per hour you are onsite! So this is a huge help as FYI for those beginning wedding planning). They even suggested letting my chair/table rental company do a Saturday pick up to save me a few hundred dollars. As far as the venue, it is beautiful! The only "decor" I did for my wedding was a few photos in frames around the house of my (now) husband and myself. That's it! All of my guests were raving how beautiful my venue was and commented if I had actually spent money on "decor", it would have taken away from the beauty of the house (again, money saver!). I'm originally from GA but have moved away a few years ago. I was worried about the heat of getting married in Savannah... in June. They cranked up the A/C and was very comfortable for the event. The ballroom was great with the band (the elevator helps with setup). The venue also has 3 different bathrooms so there was never an issue with lines for that. I looked into all the venues in Savannah. If you are considering getting married in Savannah and want a beautiful southern wedding, you HAVE to do Brockington. Thanks Lee & Melissa!

Brockington Hall Event Venue and Inn responded with the following comments:

Thank you so much, dear bride-to-be! We'll continue to do our best to assist you as you plan and then enjoy your special day!

Services Used: Ceremony & Reception Venue

Melissa was great to work with in every way. This venue was perfect for our daughter to have rehearsal, rehearsal dinner, ceremony and reception in one location. It is a beautiful home with beautiful grounds near by. Highly recommend

Brockington Hall Event Venue and Inn responded with the following comments:

Thank you so much, Vicki! It was lovely!

Services Used: Ceremony & Reception Venue, Rehearsal Dinner Location

This venue helped make our wedding dreams come true! It is STUNNING, so it does not need much decoration. This was perfect as I was planning our wedding from Boston. Beyond how amazing the venue is, Melissa and Lee are incredible people. They are kind, supportive and beyond helpful. We had a very difficult situation arise while we were planning, my mother-in-law was diagnosed with cancer, we panicked and cancelled the wedding. In doing so, Melissa wrote us the nicest email, which still makes my husband and I cry. They helped relieve so much stress that was going on, so in a few months after things had calmed down, we rebooked. Do not hesitate having your wedding here. With the budget we were on, I never thought we would have been able to have a "dream wedding" but Brockington Hall made that come true. I will always be thankful for them. Thank you Melissa and Lee!!

Dear Hannah,
Thank you so much for your kind words! We are delighted that you were able to have your wedding here and that you are pleased! We are also delighted to have been able to be a small part of your life, in good times and troubled times. We hope all is well and we wish you the very best!

Services Used: Ceremony & Reception Venue

I had never visited this place in person until the morning of my ceremony. I found it online and choose due to reviews, pictures, and location- it did not fail me. I loved this place even more in person! It had the right amount of space, elegance, character, welcoming feel. My family raved about how nice it was. This historical building has such a story and I'm honored that its now in my story. Mrs. Mundell was awesome, she helped in so many ways-even with making my guest feel comfortable when things were running late. She went above and beyond, and we all appreciated it, we couldn't have asked for more.

Brockington Hall Event Venue and Inn responded with the following comments:

Thank you, dear T! It was a wonderful celebration with people who clearly loved you and each other. So glad we are part of your story!

Kimberly
02/21/2015

I am beyond thrilled with Brockington Hall as our wedding venue! It was PERFECT! Historic, beautiful and affordable! Lee and Melissa were so sweet and kind to work with as well. Our wedding was gorgeous, and we didn't have to spend a lot if money on decorations because the house is already so beautiful!!! We even stayed in one of the suites downstairs the night of our wedding which was such a relief. Lee and Melissa are such sweet and wonderful people, and they run a lovely exquisite venue! It was a dream come true to have my fairytale wedding at Brockington Hall.

Brockington Hall Event Venue and Inn responded with the following comments:

Thank you so very much, dear Kimberly! Your wedding was lovely and we are so glad that you pleased. Best wishes!

Services Used: Ceremony & Reception Venue

We had our wedding and reception here on November 1st. The venue is simply amazing and beautiful. From the first time we did a walk through we knew we wanted to have our wedding here. Guests were very impressed and loved the chandeliers and the historic charm of the house. Melissa and Lee showed us great hospitality and were very helpful. I would definetly recommend this venue!!! We couldn't have been more happy with it!

Brockington Hall Event Venue and Inn responded with the following comments:

Thank you so much, dear Melissa, for your kind words! It was wonderful working with you and your kind families! Happy life!

Services Used: Ceremony & Reception Venue

The owners were very friendly and easy tobwork with. The venue itself was beautiful and the chandeliers twinkled at night! We had about 55 total and used the ballroom for dancing. The space fit us well, although they can accommodate larger parties. I would definitely recommend this venue for ceremony and/or reception. We did both there.

Brockington Hall Event Venue and Inn responded with the following comments:

Thank you to this dear and lovely bride! We enjoyed working with you!

Services Used: Ceremony & Reception Venue

Mr. and Mrs. Mundell were amazing to work with! The interior of their home is lovely and was perfect for my cocktail party-style wedding reception. If you have booked your event and need to make a last minute walk-through visit, they are usually available - just give them a call! They are very reasonably priced for the area market and such sweet, flexible individuals to work with leading up to and on the day of your event. My guests and I all had an amazing time thanks to their true Southern hospitality and their gorgeous home.

Brockington Hall Event Venue and Inn responded with the following comments:

Thank you so much for your lovely review, dear Jennifer! We loved having you here and are so very glad that you were pleased. Wishing you all the best!

Amanda
05/17/2014

Brockington Hall was the perfect place for our wedding reception. It is beautiful and elegant and we couldn't be happier with our choice. Melissa and Lee are great and easy to work with. Several times we would call with very little notice and ask to drop by during the planning process and they were always extremely accommodating. All our guests thought it was a fantastic venue! They loved being able to move away from the dance floor and socialize in other rooms or outside on the front porch. We did not have our ceremony here, but I know they can accommodate that as well. We were a bit concerned with a new noise ordinance that came into effect a few months before our wedding, so we had to move our reception time to start and end an hour earlier (by 10 pm), but it worked out just fine. This is a great venue and very affordable! We were also very happy with the fact that we were able to choose any vendors we liked.

Brockington Hall Event Venue and Inn responded with the following comments:

Dear Amanda, Thank you so much for your kind and thoughtful review! We loved your lovely reception and are so glad that you did as well. Best wishes!

Services Used: Ceremony & Reception Venue

We had our ceremony at Brockington Hall and it was magical! Melissa and Lee Mundell were very helpful and made sure we had everything we needed. All of our guest were from out of town and to be able to show them inside one of the mansions in the historical district was a real treat for them. The ballroom was a great place for our ceremony and they have an elevator that really came in handy for our elderly guest. The chandeliers and antique decor make you feel as if you have stepped back in time. I recommend this venue for anyone looking for a classy upscale wedding that won't annihilate your budget! Melissa and Lee are fabulous! Oh and get the suite below Brockington, it was very nice and a great place for the groom and his group to get ready! -Eric and Brooke Phillips

Brockington Hall Event Venue and Inn responded with the following comments:

This lovely couple arranged a marvelous event by keeping their eye on the ball - that this was all about their love for each other and the celebration of that love with their friends and family! They rolled with the punches of event planning and their commitment made it possible for them to use our venue in a memorable way! Wishes for a happy life go out to them!

Services Used: Ceremony & Reception Venue

Loved the charm of this venue. Everyone loved it!

Thank you, dear friend!

Private User
1+ year ago

Stunning venue, worked great for a 20s themed wedding. Beautiful ceremony on the gorgeous front steps. Mr. and Mrs. Mundell were great and very accommodating. We couldn't have had a better venue.

Brockington Hall Event Venue and Inn responded with the following comments:

Thank you so much for your kind words! Your ceremony on our front porch was stunning, and we are so glad that you were pleased!

Tiffani
10/06/2013

Everything about this venue is beautiful! Inside, outside all of it! It makes for the best pictures. It's in the most beautiful part of savannah. Melissa and her husband are great! They are so sweet. Everytime we were in savannah they let us drop in to walk through the house during the planning stages.

Brockington Hall Event Venue and Inn responded with the following comments:

Thank you so much, Tiffani, for your many kind words! You were wonderful to work with and your choices made our venue beautiful for your wedding ceremony and reception!

Services Used: Ceremony & Reception Venue

I can not say enough about Brockington Hall and Mr. and Mrs. Mundell! The venue is absolutely beautiful and the Mundell's are the most accommodating and kindest people to work with. There was never a time that I wanted to stop by that I was not allowed to go into the Hall and ask questions or look around (unless there was a ceremony or another event going on). The cottage and suite are also the perfect place to stay during your event or any other time you are visiting Savannah. Of all the venues I looked into when planning my reception, Brockington Hall was by far the best value and the only one that allowed me to use my own vendors rather than their own! Please feel free to contact me with any questions. I recommend Brockington Hall 100%!!
Glenda Oxford
glenlynn99@yahoo.com

Brockington Hall Event Venue and Inn responded with the following comments:

Glenda and all those concerned in her lovely event made it so easy to be nice to them! There was so much love in the details that made her reception special as family and friends worked together to celebrate so beautifully. Thank you so much, Glenda, for your very kind words and for sharing this happy occasion with us!

Services Used: Ceremony & Reception Venue

Awesome venue; Lee and Melissa Mundell are a class act. Brockington Hall is simplistic elegance at it's height. If you are looking for old South grace, look no further. The Mundells responded to our needs, even down to a sewing kit for a pair of pants which split an hour before the wedding!! This venue has an elevator which is great to use for elderly guests or as a way for caterers to take food up to the dining area. There is a large ballroom which can serve as a dining area, a dance floor, or whatever you may need it for. Three beautifully appointed restrooms are available as well. This venue has large rooms furnished with beautiful antiques as backdrops for your special day.

Brockington Hall Event Venue and Inn responded with the following comments:

Dear Jamie, Thank you so very much for your kind words about our venue, and about us! Your family and guests were delightful, and your event was so beautifully personal and warm. We thoroughly enjoyed working with you as you planned and became our friends in the process! We so very much appreciate having the opportunity to be the venue for this special day!

Services Used: Ceremony & Reception Venue

Perfect for our son and daughter-in-law's rehearsal dinner. When we visited Brockington to make wedding plans, we were so impressed by our daughter-in-law's find for her wedding venue that we decided to cater the rehearsal dinner there, too. The Mundell's were wonderful to work with and we left Savannah having not only made memories but a new friendship, as well. This was a perfect solution for our family affair and having everything at Brockington allowed us to enjoy the fellowship of our friends and family so much more intimately than other venues we'd explored. You will not find a more intimate, accommodating venue...and certainly none with the panache, grace and style of this lovely home.

Brockington Hall Event Venue and Inn responded with the following comments:

Such lovely things you have said about us, Julie! It was so nice to share two days of celebration with your family and, as you say, to make new friends! These were two of the sweetest gatherings of family and friends we have seen, and we truly appreciate this kind and thoughtful review. Best to all!