Kelly Greer, photographer

Kelly Greer, photographer

... when moments become memories ...

9017 Estate Salt River
Christiansted, VI 00820 | map
Style: Contemporary, Photojournalism, Portraiture
Packages: Albums, Custom Graphic Design, Digital Files, Flush ...
Liability Insurance: Yes
Business Details
Categories: Photography
Event Types: Anniversaries, Baby Showers, Bar / Bat Mitzvahs, Corporate Events, Debutante Balls, LGBTQ Weddings / Ceremonies, Quinceaneras
Established: 1997
Employees: 2
Accepts: Cash, Check, Mastercard, Visa
Last Login: Dec 08, 2014
Frequently Asked Questions for Photography
Style: Contemporary, Photojournalism, Portraiture
Packages: Albums, Custom Graphics, Digital Files, Flush Mount, Matted Prints, Prints, Proof CD, Thank You Cards, Video Montage
Liability Insurance:
Special techniques: Absolutely! I am proficient in Photoshop techniques and provide a variety of looks and effects on all of our finished products.
Experience in various lighting: Yes, we have been working at venues throughout the Caribbean and the southeastern United States for over 15 years. I can honestly say I have worked in every lighting situation imaginable. Daylight, shade, tungsten, florescent, even mixed, dance floor lighting. Each presents it's own set of challenges, but all can be used for great creativity!
Media Preference: Definitely digital. I began my career as a film photographer in 1997. Starting in 2001, my studio was easing in to digital. But at a wedding in January 2003 I decided on the spot to work completely with my digital equipment and never looked back. We sold all our film equipment that next month and invested in professional digital equipment. The end results are a million times better than we ever got from film. And our clients get the best images I can possible give them. I am an avid digital fan!
# of Photographers I am always the primary photographer at all my events. I have two other photographers that I hire as second photographers when my clients need. My husband works with me in the Caribbean and my sister works with me in the US. Both have on-the-job and formal training and work well with me and my clients. I am so fortunate to have my family involved in my craft.
Guarantees presence at event: Absolutely!!
Books >1 event per day I will from time to time book a wedding on Friday then Saturday. But NEVER more than one in a 24 hour period. When you spend all day with a couple and their family creating the memories of their wedding day, it is physically and emotionally exhausting. I can only give 110% once a day.
Replacement photographer: I do have a network of photographer friends that I could call on in case of an extreme emergency. This has never happened in over 15 years of professional photography; I would go to a wedding with a broken arm if I had to. My priority is to my clients.
Equipment Used: We went to a wedding on St. Thomas last spring and the event coordinator was shocked by the amount of equipment we brought along. Some may think it's overkill, but I want to be prepared for every situation possible. I have 3 Canon 5D Mark IIs, 11 lenses ranging from 13mm-400mm, three flashes. And of course all the bells and whistles to make that equipment useful . . . batteries, flash cards, syncs, filters, screw drivers, duct tape, velcro, sewing kit, bug spray. Anything that I can think of to make my work come together.
Back-up Equipment I have back-ups for my back-ups! :) With two photographers, we really only need two cameras, but I've had a mirror lock up during a ceremony once. So I immediately put that camera down and switched to my back up. I have back up flashes in case one stops working. And endless amounts of batteries and flash cards. I try to prepare for any disaster possible. My camera cases are even waterproof.
Charges: We have Collections with set amount of coverage time, but extra time can be added by the hour.
Shooting Overtime: As we only book one wedding a day, we do whatever our clients need us to do. Additional time is $400 per hour billed every 15 minutes. It included all services, including a second photographer, that have been hired for the primary coverage time.
Break Policy: We rarely break during our time on the job. We may take a quick bathroom break when necessary, but I have a camera in my hand during the entire coverage - just in case. We do require a meal with coverage over 5 hours, but we eat quickly and in shifts in case something happens during those few minutes we are nourishing ourselves.
Charges for travel: Travel is built in to our Collections, but we do have a la carte travel fees options, depending on the location and time of day.
Availability of Proofs: We pride ourselves in handling all aspects of the imaging process. That includes all image editing, color correcting, processing, cropping and final presentation. That process takes some time. We generally have images online ready for viewing about six weeks after the wedding day, but can be as long as two months during peak wedding season.
Initial proofs format: Our Collections include online viewing as well as a Custom Art Proof Book for easy reference and ordering. The Proof Book it makes a beautiful keepsake! Other proofing options, such as paper proofs, web-resolution files, and Movie DVDs are also available.
Amt. of time clients can keep proofs Online viewing is available for 60 days, but other proofing options are either included in our Collections or purchased a la carte. So they are the couple's to keep.
Retains photo copyrights: Yes.
Reserve publishing rights: Yes, but we try to ask specific permission before we use the likeness of our clients in printed publication or marketing.
Digital files or negatives: Yes, Print Quality Files are available for clients to produce their own products 8x10 and smaller. These files are in addition to a Collection.
Online Images: Yes.
Albums offered: We offer a wide variety of albums, from archival coffee table books to traditional matted albums. We only use professional quality album companies that offer a complete guaranteed of their products' construction. Each album has it's own style so that any taste can be satisfied.
Final album completion: Depending on which book is selected, it takes between 12 weeks and 6 months once the order is placed. Our goal is to have all products finished and delivered by our clients' first anniversary. Often times that is much earlier, but other clients take some time in getting their orders to us.
Other Information
Additional Answers & Advice:

1. Hire a professional wedding coordinator. Planning a wedding is difficult enough, but compounded by distance and “island time” - it’s enough to ruin anyone’s day. Having a professional on your side to deal with your local vendors will make things run smoothly and easily. 2. Wear a bathing suit that matches the neckline of your wedding gown. And pass this tip on to mom’s and bridesmaids. I remove a lot of odd tan lines on women, which can incur an additional artwork fee. 3. SPF 30 is a must! The Caribbean sun is very strong and can sneak up on you, especially if you don’t have any tan to start. Burnt skin just isn’t pretty in your wedding photography. You can get as much sun as you can after your wedding day, but be cautious beforehand. 4. Bug spray is also mandatory. Our biting insects down here are vicious and the prey on fresh tourist blood. ;) They will drive you and your guests crazy. Not to mention leave little red welts all over your body which is just as bad as a sunburn in your photography. My favorite is Deep Woods Off - sorry if you’re not in to Deet, but it’s the only thing that works. 5. When choosing your date, be aware of our peak season as well as hurricane season. The most expensive time to come to the islands is from December through April. Of course, that is also the nicest time of year, with afternoon temperatures barely past 80 degrees and evening temperatures comfortably in the 70s. Hurricane season is from June through November, the worst month being September, historically. The the VI has had hurricanes in August, October and November. That is our rainy season, too. 6. Check the time of sunset for your wedding date. The sun sets very quickly so close to the equator. If you’re planning a sunset wedding, check what time sunset actually is then have your ceremony at least an hour, if not 90 minutes, before that to allow time for formal photography afterward. Sunset can be anywhere from 5:40 AST in December to 7PM AST at the end of June and beginning of July. 7. And don’t forget we’re on Atlantic Standard Time. We don’t observe Daylight Savings, so we are one hour ahead of Eastern Standard Time in the winter but the same as EST during the spring and summer. This little wrinkle can cause confusion with travel from the mainland. 8. Getting a marriage license is easy, but make sure you know the protocol. Proper attire is required - you must cover your shoulders in the court house when applying for your license. 9. Don’t sweat the small stuff. That’s why you’re coming to the islands for your wedding - to relax and have fun. If you flowers aren’t exactly what you were expecting, or the cake doesn’t look exactly like the picture you emailed the baker, you will still have a wonderful destination wedding. And don’t foget . . . you’ll have lots of great photography to remember your day!
340-514-3620
Please let this vendor know you found them on WeddingWire

My Awards