Cotton Rouge & Company, owner Katie Cotton

Cotton Rouge & Company, owner Katie Cotton

Greenville, SC
864.416.1254   Visit Website   Email Vendor
Quality of Service

There were several things that were important to me in finding someone who would do my hair and makeup for our wedding, and they ended up being harder to find than I thought! After a terrible experience at a Greenville salon, I was considering doing my own hair/makeup. Thank goodness I found Katie instead! She was the most professional, most creative, best dollars spent of the entire wedding. Here's why:
Cost: let's be honest, as a bride it's hard to justify all of the expense that goes into our "look" for the day. I was worried that I was spending too much money already to justify paying someone else to do my hair and makeup. Now that the wedding is over, I would honestly have paid two to three times as much to have Katie do her magic. If you are even considering having someone else to do your makeup and hair, hire Katie. You will not regret it for one minute.
Quality: Katie is incredible. She uses great products and knows how to make them work. From the consultation to the final touchup that she did (outside, in the grass!), I knew I was in the hands of someone who truly has perfected her craft. Katie did my makeup and hair as well as that of my sister and mother (neither usually wear much makeup), and our makeup lasted all night through hugging, kissing 1,000 people, and dancing. Katie did us up at about 10AM, and at 2AM I was still washing makeup off my face and could have easily slept in it to wear to brunch the following day.
Creativity: The difference between doing my own makeup or having a friend do it and having Katie do it (aside from how relaxing she is while she does it!) was that Katie has so many more tricks up her sleeves. During my consultation we tried several hairstyles until we settled on the one we liked. She was able to do things to my hair (very thin, shoulder length at best) that I could have never dreamed up! The makeup she did for me and my family was incredible, especially considering how different each of our looks was.
Overall experience: As you can probably tell, I can't say enough good things about Katie. I echo every other bride here when I say I'd be on the waiting list to sign up for a "pocket-sized Katie Cotton." She really made me feel like the most beautiful version of myself, and I could not have imagined a more flexible, professional, calming person to have by my side on my wedding day.

Services Used: Beauty & Health
Greenville, SC

Everyone's a Star and deserves the right to twinkle!

Cotton Rouge & Company is the upstate premiere on location makeup and hair team.  The company is owned and operated by professional makeup and even hair stylist, Katie Cotton.

Katie Cotton has worked all over the country and has over 15 years of experience in the industry. In 2006, she relocated from the West Coast (Los Angeles) to the East Coast and resides currently in the Upstate of South Carolina. While traveling on location was the norm in Los Angeles, it was a new concept for the upstate in 2006.  Katie does have a studio that you can also come into for appointments when desired.

As Katie's bridal business gained momentum in the Carolina's, she started to work with and also train additional artists to assist with large bridal parties.  As these artists proved to have great talent and shared Katie's vision that everyone deserves to feel like a star on their wedding day, Katie began subcontracting these artists for bridal clients when she wasn't available.  To her delight, many wedding vendors loved the idea of the "team" and knowing that all bridal parties under her would be very well taken care of... thus Cotton Rouge & Company was born.

CR&Co believes in quality and precise application but most importantly listening to my client which is YOU!  They believe that the bride should look like the most beautiful version of herself on her big day!  This can mean a clean natural but radient makeup or an all out glam supermodel look.  Whichever it is that is the personality of the bride!  But this look must stay all day and to acheive this, they know the high end beauty products that both have the durability for all day wear (the products used are waterproof, smudgeproof and extremely longwear, 18-24 hours) so that they remain flawless all day, look amazing in photographs but also still look just as amazing in true life and not like you have a face full of makeup!  To acheive this, Katie and her team use a mixture of airbrush as well as traditional makeup application.  They are able to use more or less of airbrush dependent on the client's wishes.

With hundreds upon hundreds of weddings under her belt, Katie prides herself on her ability to listen to her client.  She excels in natural beauty and making someone the "best possible version of themselves" for their wedding!  But for those brides who wish to be a little more glam, she loves doing that too!  She is also accomplished in event hair styling so that your hair style will last thru photos, ceremony, photos and then some heavy dancing!  Katie has been featured in numerous publications including Weddings with Style magazine and People Magazine.  You can read her full resume of production, commerical publication and fashion work on her websites, and where you can view her bridal work as well as her work in fashion.

As for her team of artists... they range from makeup artists who only do makeup, to hair artists that work in salons during the week but still subcontracted for weddings with Cotton Rouge & Company on the weekend, to artists who do both makeup and event hair styling. We do have a studio for Cotton Rouge & Company, but all artists are on location artists as well.

+/- read less
Categories: Beauty & Health
Event Types: Anniversaries, Baby Showers, Bar / Bat Mitzvahs, Birthdays, Bridal Showers, Corporate Events, Debutante Balls, Eco-Friendly / Green Weddings, Engagement Parties, Graduations, Holiday Parties, LGBTQ Weddings / Ceremonies, Proms, Quinceaneras, Sweet 16s
Established: 2000
Employees: 1
Accepts: Cash, Check, Paypal, AMEX, Discover, Mastercard, Visa
Katie was awesome with the large party of girls of different skin colors and hair. I couldn't believe how efficiently she worked to get everyone finished and she did it with enough time for us to get plenty of pictures. Everyone looked great and I know the bride was especially happy. I would totally recommend her for your wedding. Her blog is great, too. She obviously knows what she is doing.
Cotton Rouge & Company, owner Katie Cotton is a wedding makeup artist from Greenville SC. We service weddings throughout the local area, including Greer, Spartanburg, and Anderson. Cotton Rouge & Company, owner Katie Cotton is a professional wedding makeup artist that has been part of the Upstate SC wedding industry for 12 years. We specialize in airbrush and traditional makeup and event hair styling