Cake Studio LA

Professionalism
Value
Flexibility
4.7

Sonia was wonderful to work with, our wedding cake she made - just as wonderful! Everyone raved about how good it was and how gorgeous the design (it was just my style!)

My mom found her on wedding wire and made the initial contact. We were planning our wedding from out of town and met with a handful of cake designers in one day. Sonia's cakes are fluffy and dreamy and unique compared to the over-sugared-weighed-down ones most everyone else had. The fondant she makes is actually made of marshmallow so it doesn't taste nasty like most fondants. She took a lot of time during our initial consultation then again just days before the wedding to go over exactly what we wanted, and helped us come up with the design in the first place. I think we spent hours in her office during the first consultation. We ended up with a gorgeous Tiffany's-blue fondant-covered four-layer cake with ganache and Bavarian cream with hazelnut crunch between layers of white cake.

We had a VERY small wedding (40 people) but I'm a wedding photographer and I didn't want my cake to look itty-bitty. She was able to find cost-cutting solutions to be able to give us a bigger cake that was beautiful but that cost less. We simplified the design and added a fake (foam) layer to the bottom to help do this. She also helped us know what jewels and ribbon to get to her and the measurements we would need. We rented the cake stand from her as well and she delivered the cake the day of the wedding herself.

I get to try wedding cakes a LOT since I photograph weddings and ours was I think the best I've ever had. It was fresh and unique - yet beautiful too! Plus, Sonia was a doll to work with and gave us just what we asked for.

Cake Studio LA responded with the following comments:

Liana, it was MY pleasure to make your wedding cake, for one of the biggest and most important days of your life. I thank you for putting your trust in me and for the kind words in this review. I wish you both a happy and Blessed future.
Thank you.

Services Used: Wedding Cake
LOCATION
315 Glendale Blvd., Los Angeles, CA 90026

(213) 483-CAKE ..... Cakes made with passion...

At Cake Studio making beautiful and delicious cakes is our passion in life. We work with every client individually to create a unique and a delicious wedding cake with great attention to detail.  We are a specialty cake shop located in Los Angeles near downtown, and we offer consultations and complementary tastings by appointment only.
... read more

At Cake Studio we take great pride in making our own delicious fondant thus omitting all the preservatives & chemicals that other premade fondants have. We also offer a delicious variety of cake flavors and fillings, all at very budget friendly pricing.

We book only a limited number of wedding cakes per weekend, we believe that ONLY our BEST will go into your special cake, and we can’t do that if we’re over booked. With that said, we do recommend a booking well in advance of your event.

We offer consultations and complementary tastings by appointment only.

We look forward to serving you at your joyous occasion.

WeddingWire, the nation’s leading wedding technology company, just announced that Cake Studio has won the 2012 Bride’s Choice Awards™!

In its inaugural year, the Bride’s Choice Awards recognizes and honors vendors from the WeddingWire Network that demonstrate excellent quality of service, responsiveness, professionalism, value of cost and flexibility. This year’s recipients represent the top three percent of WeddingWire’s vendor community, which includes over 100,000 wedding vendors from across the US. That means Cake Studio is one of the very best custom specialty wedding cakes.

Unlike other awards in which winners are selected by the company, the Bride’s Choice Awards are determined exclusively by recent newlyweds through surveys and reviews.

“We are excited to launch this annual award program to honor high-performing vendors based solely on the experiences of our WeddingWire community,” according to Timothy Chi, WeddingWire’s Chief Executive Officer. “This year’s recipients have set the bar high, exhibiting excellent service and expertise in the wedding industry.”

Cake Studio would like to thank our past clients for speaking on our behalf and helping us win the 2009, 2010, 2011 and 2012 Bride’s Choice Award!

+/- read less