J
Just Said Yes July 2021

Would you rather:

Julia, on August 17, 2021 at 7:30 PM Posted in Hair and Makeup 0 14
Saved

Get married without makeup and be the only one without, or have all your guests come makeup free?

14 Comments

Latest activity by Emilia, on August 21, 2021 at 6:33 AM
  • M
    VIP January 2019
    Maggie ·
    • Flag

Is this just a "would you rather" hypothetical game or a serious question? You posted it in Planning, so I am not sure. I guess, in either case, I would choose to be the only one without makeup because I can't imagine telling all my guests they couldn't wear makeup.

• I
    Expert August 2021
    Ingrid ·
    • Flag
    Slightly odd question, but I'm with Maggie, it would have to be me without. I'm not a fan of telling people how they need to present themselves.
  • Ariel
    Devoted October 2021
    Ariel ·
    • Flag
    I would never get married without makeup. I’d have to have my guest makeup free.
  • Pia
    Super May 2021
    Pia ·
    • Flag
    On your wedding day to look your best it’s EXPECTED! Unless you have flawless glowing skin NOPE!
  • Chloe
    Devoted February 2022
    Chloe ·
    • Flag
    Why would you ask your guests to come makeup free? If someone asked me to come to their wedding without makeup, I would decline the invitation. You don't get to tell your guests what to wear or whether or not they get to wear makeup.
  • Yasmine
    Rockstar October 2020
    Yasmine ·
    • Flag
    Have all of my guests come makeup free 🤷🏾‍♀️
  • Mcskipper
    Master July 2018
    Mcskipper ·
    • Flag
    Be the only one without I guess, so my guests can do what they want. I don’t care what they do with their faces, but I do care that they are happy and comfortable.
  • Jessi
    Super October 2022
    Jessi ·
    • Flag

I would be the one without. I don't normally wear makeup anyway.

• Melle
    Legend June 2019
    Melle ·
    • Flag

Be the one without! haha i am without all the time anyway and for my wedding day i really did go without

• Samantha
    Rockstar October 2022
    Samantha ·
    • Flag
    Why do I need to choose? Is there something I can do to mitigate having to make this choice LOL

• needmorewine
    Expert May 2016
    needmorewine ·
    • Flag

Not sure why this choice would need to be made, but if I have to I would be the one without makeup since it's not appropriate to dictate something like that for the guests.

• CountryBride
    VIP April 2022
    CountryBride ·
    • Flag

Go without it's not nice and quite rude to ask your guests to not wear makeup

• Tara
    VIP November 2016
    Tara ·
    • Flag

I would absolutely be the one to tell my guests no makeup!! lol. No way I'd go without makeup on my wedding day!!

• Emilia
    Expert June 2019
    Emilia ·
    • Flag

Of course I prefer to be the only one wearing make-up ! Smiley kiss ;-) However I went to a wedding where a bride was the only one who didnn't have one, by choice...

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

WeddingWire celebrates love ...and so does everyone on our site! Learn more

Groups

WeddingWire article topics