Skip to main content
Fwbride
Super July 2024

Worst day ever.

Fwbride, on June 22, 2019 at 8:27 PM Posted in Planning 0 15
Saved
So it’s the day of my wedding and I’ve just put my dress on when my mom walks in and says we don’t have anything for centerpieces. So, my dad offers to help and tells me to get in the car and he’ll drive me to a couple of stores to get some glassware. I agree, and we hit a Good Will and some Dollar stores. It takes us a while, because my dad kept picking out the wrong stuff and I would have to go back and get different stuff. Finally, I say I think we have enough and that I need to get back home because my BP will be wondering where I am. I get home around 3pm (wedding starts at 6:30p and photos are at 4:30p) and no one in my BP showed up and my hair stylist and make up artist aren’t there either. My dress is all dirty from running around and I’m furious that no one is there. My mom says that we will need to postpone the wedding because my dress needs to get cleaned and we need to find the bridal party. Then, I “wake up” in my dream and continue to re-dream that dream🤦🏾‍♀️ Literally thought it was so real and was ready to cry... who else is having horrible nightmares leading up to the big day? Btw I’m 4 weeks out😳

15 Comments

Latest activity by Patricia, on June 24, 2019 at 5:43 PM
  • Anna
    Master June 2020
    Anna ·
    • Flag
    Oh no! No nightmares yet, but I've heard they are common. Just your subconscious working out the stress of your daily planning❤
    Hang in there!
  • MOB So Cal
    January 2019
    MOB So Cal ·
    • Flag

LOL! At first I was thinking, "HER DAD TOOK HER TO GOODWILL IN HER WEDDING GOWN?!?!??!?" Great job telling the story! Smiley winking

• Erin
    Dedicated July 2019
    Erin ·
    • Flag

Oh my gosh I've had the same recurring dream for weeks now that my hair and make up people don't show up, or I'm not ready or time or something else goes wrong. I'm two weeks out...hoping they go away soon!!

• latasha
    VIP September 2019
    latasha ·
    • Flag
    LMBOOOOOO OMG my heart SANK! I’m like how didn't she realize she didn’t have centerpieces and then I’m like WHYYYY is she going with dad then I gasped your mom said you’d have to postpone. You had me on the edge of my seat and I was so relived to find it it was a dream. Hahaha I cannot stop laughing. I’m sure your day will be perfect. Wedding nightmares are super normal. I hope you can laugh at this now.
  • M
    Legend June 2019
    Melle ·
    • Flag
    Oh my god I thought that was real.
    Usually the wedding dreams I've had are based on things I'm most nervous about. So I guess you're being anxious about certain things.
    Everything will work out fine though
  • Andrea
    Super October 2019
    Andrea ·
    • Flag
    I thought this was real!! Your day will be perfect!!
  • Samantha
    Super August 2019
    Samantha ·
    • Flag
    I just had my first wedding nightmare the other night, I can’t remember mine that vividly and it’s vague to me now but it sure woke me up in a panic and made me restless all night - and I’m a heavy heavy sleeper, FH was worried. Lol, hoping it was a one time thing.
  • Toni
    Expert November 2019
    Toni ·
    • Flag
    Haha I was like oh no I feel so bad!!! Oh yeah I’m having those crazy nightmares too!!!
  • Stephanie
    Savvy October 2019
    Stephanie ·
    • Flag
    In the one dream I had, the bridesmaids dresses didn’t match the rest of the colors. I woke up in a panic at like 3:30 am and had to look at the pictures of my bridesmaid dresses and color to reassure myself that it all matched! Lol
  • Mandi
    Master October 2020
    Mandi ·
    • Flag
    The other night the current US President and his entire family showed up to my wedding uninvited. I freaked out, stopped the ceremony, and personally kicked them out.
    Sounds simple but I had a meltdown in my dream.
  • Tris
    Expert August 2019
    Tris ·
    • Flag
    The only bad wedding dream I've had so far was my shoes didnt fit. 😂
  • Katie
    VIP November 2019
    Katie ·
    • Flag
    I had a very similar dream that I hadn’t showered and I wasn’t able to get dressed! It’s going to be a long wait til my wedding!

Just remember that it is a a dream !
  • M
    Devoted July 2019
    Miranda ·
    • Flag
    2 weeks out and I keep having nightmares that there arent enough seats and we run out of food....fh keeps inviting people I've called the cater twice but only cried once lol we have gone from 300 people to 375 ...I feel like dory in finding Nemo but instead of chanting just keep swimming, I'm chanting it will all be ok, it will all be ok lol
  • Z
    Devoted November 2019
    Zoe ·
    • Flag

Reading that stressed me out. My most recent dream was that we arrived at the venue and somehow all of our shoes got lost Smiley sexy

• Patricia
    Just Said Yes February 2023
    Patricia ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment

Ughhhh I feel like I wrote this myself! Honestly I have been having these nightmares at least once a week. It's usually this recurring dream where I find out during the ceremony that I was, in fact, a ghost this entire time. Yes like the movie with B Will! Ughhhhh! #Iseewedpeople

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

ReCaptcha Verification failed. Please try again.

Related articles

WeddingWire celebrates love ...and so does everyone on our site! Learn more

Groups

WeddingWire article topics