Mrs. Moore
Expert December 2011

Winter wedding

Mrs. Moore, on June 2, 2011 at 11:48 AM Posted in Style and Décor 0 12
Saved Save

Anyone doing a winter wedding theme?

if so, what are your inspiration pictures?

Thanks!

12 Comments

• Becky
    Dedicated November 2010
    Becky ·
    • Flag

My cousin was married in Jan 2009 - here are a few pics from her reception. She had a winter wedding (snowed just enough to cover the ground, but not too much to be dangerous on the roads) - it was lovely. Good luck and best wishes for a lifetime of happiness!

• Becky
    Dedicated November 2010
    Becky ·
    • Flag

Additional photos

• Courtney Alvarado
    March 2020
    Courtney Alvarado ·
    • Flag

I love winter weddings (wish I had gotten married in December...Sigh...). Anyways, when it comes to winter weddings, don't be afraid of color. Winter does not always mean white. Here is a "Non-White" winter wedding theme. We have gorgeous linens to match this look if you are looking to purchase your linens and not rent:

Wholesale Specialty Linen

http://wholesalespecialtylinen.com

"Never Rent Linens Again..."

**We Offer Free Shipping**

• Mrs Cupcake
    VIP January 2011
    Mrs Cupcake ·
    • Flag

I had a January wedding and it was BEAUTIFUL. Here is my pictures. I actually wanted a April wedding but military get in the way lol.

• Mrs Cupcake
    VIP January 2011
    Mrs Cupcake ·
    • Flag

Here is more

• Kristen
    Expert December 2011
    Kristen ·
    • Flag

I am getting married December 17th so it will be a christmas themed wedding. My colors are red and white with a hint of green. I can't find many inspiration pics that I like though.

• Kristen
    Expert December 2011
    Kristen ·
    • Flag

Wow I just realized that we are date twins.lol.

• Amy
    Savvy January 2012
    Amy ·
    • Flag

We're getting married in January 2012 in Seattle. we choose Balck and Pewter with Lavender/Lilac accent colour. Will find my inspiration board and will send. We're having ot Apple or Rum Cider as the signature cocktail drinks, white lights, and candles.

• Mrs Cupcake
    VIP January 2011
    Mrs Cupcake ·
    • Flag

Amy!!! I got married in Issaquah in January 2011 :p Nice to see Washington brides that actually get married in January Smiley smile I actually planned to use purple for wedding before I changed it.

• Amy
    Savvy January 2012
    Amy ·
    • Flag

Hi Mrs Cupcake, January Wedding in Seattle, I started to think I was crazy. But I love my inspirational board, check it out.

• Mrs Cupcake
    VIP January 2011
    Mrs Cupcake ·
    • Flag

Wow Amy great board I really like it. You are not crazy, it is just rare for Washington brides to pick January. I do know that a lot of brides who live in CA or FL would have January weddings, just not in cold states lol.

• Leslie
    Super January 2013
    Leslie ·
    • Flag

I'm getting married in January but I live in FL so my winter wedding really wont feel wintery but the wedding is taking place at night with lots of x-mas lights and candles so Its going to have a warm, intimate feeling winter brings.

Comment on this discussion

WeddingWire celebrates love ...and so does everyone on our site! Learn more

WeddingWire article topics