Expert October 2020

Which slip?

, on October 6, 2019 at 10:03 PM

Posted in Wedding Attire 33

At David’s bridal I was given a smaller slip to try on dresses. When I chose my dress I thought I would probably want a larger slip since it is a ballgown after all. I bought a larger slip and now I need some opinions. My son loves it with the larger slip but my mom said she doesn’t and isn’t sure...
At David’s bridal I was given a smaller slip to try on dresses. When I chose my dress I thought I would probably want a larger slip since it is a ballgown after all. I bought a larger slip and now I need some opinions. My son loves it with the larger slip but my mom said she doesn’t and isn’t sure why. My moh said both look good but she prefers the smaller slip as well. What do you all think? My dress still needs taken in by 4 sizes and I have lots of dress that’s dragging at the bottom that will need altered as well. Also, please don’t mind my awful carpet - I make a mess of it refinishing our furniture or my “Wedding diy corner” in the background.

cfb_1299419.jpg

cfb_1299421.jpg

cfb_1299423.jpg

cfb_1299425.jpg

33 Comments

• Kerry
    Savvy December 2019
    Kerry ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment

Ahhhh! I was looking on there at veils. I was mega dubious as some are so cheap but great reviews. Please let me know when it comes what it's like!

I have these saved
    https://www.jjshouse.co.uk/One-Tier-Cut-Edge-Cathedral-Bridal-Veils-With-Lace-006190589-g190589
    https://www.jjshouse.co.uk/Two-Tier-Lace-Applique-Edge-Cathedral-Bridal-Veils-With-Lace-006163739-g163739

• Expert October 2020
    ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment
    Oh. My. Gosh! That second one is DREAMY!! I didn’t even see that one when I ordered! I’ll post a pic of mine once it comes in. If you’re deciding between the two that second has my vote! 😍
  • Jess
    Expert October 2019
    Jess ·
    • Flag
    I prefer the small one!
  • Cassi
    Super October 2019
    Cassi ·
    • Flag

I personally like the smaller one better! I like the more pronounced pleats.

• Michelle
    Devoted October 2019
    Michelle ·
    • Flag

That dress looks amazing with the ball gown slip!!

• Erica
    Dedicated July 2020
    Erica Online ·
    • Flag
    I tried this dress on and it's one of my front-runners! You look amazing in it! I prefer the less full skirt but both look great.
  • Alyssa
    Savvy September 2020
    Alyssa ·
    • Flag
    Both look great..but I prefer the smaller one!
  • MOB So Cal
    January 2019
    MOB So Cal Online ·
    • Flag

I'm team smaller slip. Daughter had an A-line ballgown dress (with a lot of attached crinoline). She tried it on at the salon with a giant slip. Initially, she was sure she wanted one for the wedding. However, she ultimately decided to skip the big slip and just stick with the poof the crinoline provided because she felt like her skirt would stick out so much that guests and H would have trouble standing close to her. Even without the big slip, during pictures she kept having to adjust her skirt so H and others could stand close to her. Smiley winking

• H
    June 2020
    Hello ·
    • Flag

The fuller one is prettier

• Jennifer
    Devoted September 2020
    Jennifer ·
    • Flag
    I love the smaller one, it makes the pleats lay so delicately. It's so elegant!
  • Desiree
    Super March 2020
    Desiree ·
    • Flag

Personally, I like picture #1! The bigger slip is just more dramatic, but in a good way! I love it. Smiley smile I feel like #2 could be perfect, maybe if it had some lace underlay? I'd have to see it to know, but I just had a vision.

• Caitlin
    Dedicated September 2021
    Caitlin ·
    • Flag
    Smaller one suits the dress more I think. You look so pretty in both though!
  • Erin
    Beginner July 2020
    Erin Online ·
    • Flag
    This is my dress too!!! I am planning on wearing it as is without any additional slip under it. I never really thought about putting one under it honestly, but it does add a little something extra to it! I think it depends on what you feel best in and when your wedding is. I’m getting married in Georgia, in July, so I don’t want extra material adding additional heat! Congratulations! It looks stunning on you! I’m sure you love it just as much as I do!!!

Comment on this discussion

WeddingWire celebrates love ...and so does everyone on our site! Learn more

WeddingWire article topics