We're here to help you keep moving forward, no matter what your plans are.

A
Expert January 2020

Where to get a ring setting only

Abby, on November 24, 2019 at 12:31 AM Posted in Wedding Attire 0 4
Saved Save
Hello! I am wondering where y’all got your ring settings without the main diamond. I am looking for just the setting to hold a marquise stone about 2ct in size.
If you wouldn’t mind could you also let me know about how much it was?
Thanks in advance y’all!

4 Comments

• Jeanie
    Super February 2020
    Jeanie ·
    • Flag
    Go to a local jeweler. Ask around to find someone reputable in your area. But they should be able to custom make you a setting that fits your diamond perfectly.
  • A
    Expert January 2020
    Abby ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment
    I knew about that just trying to see where others got theirs and about how much it was. I live in the middle of no where and so finding places like that is hard.
    Thanks for the advice!
  • Nemo
    VIP August 2018
    Nemo ·
    • Flag
    No clue on the cost, but my setting is from Shane Co and H got my diamond from Blue Nile. Shane Co allows you to use diamonds that aren’t theirs but it is an extra fee based on the size of the diamond.
  • MrsD
    Legend July 2019
    MrsD ·
    • Flag

We went to a local jeweler. My husband picked out a setting from Simon G then they ordered it in, and he brought in the diamond from my great great grandmother's engagement ring and they put it in the setting. He had to know the exact measurements of the diamond prior, so he got it appraised & insured before he even brought it to the jeweler.

Comment on this discussion

Related articles