Becky
Dedicated October 2019

When to send invites out

Becky, on July 4, 2019 at 2:36 PM Posted in Planning 0 15
Saved Save
I am getting married on 10/04/19.... 12 weeks to go! I just got my invitations and they are all ready to be sent out. My rsvp deadline is 8/31/19 as we have to give our venue our food count on 9/03/19. Is it too early to send the invitations out now or should I wait a few more weeks?

15 Comments

• CourtneyBrittain
    Master August 2019
    CourtneyBrittain ·
    I would wait until mid to late July
  • Caytlyn
    Champion November 2019
    Caytlyn ·
    6-8 weeks before the wedding.
  • Futuremrsv
    Super October 2020
    Futuremrsv ·
    If your deadline is 8/31 i would send them out now so that you have time to contact guests who didnt send in their rsvp
  • Mcellist
    Super March 2019
    Mcellist ·

Send them out now. If you have people travelling, they need the time to take off of work, book a hotel, rental car, etc.

• Melle
    Rockstar June 2019
    Melle ·
    I would be ok with sending it out now. I don't really believe in the whole 6-8 weeks even though that's recommended just because you may have different deadlines. I sent mine out that early too because I also had deadlines
  • Sarah
    Just Said Yes October 2019
    Sarah ·
    I'm getting married on 10/26 and sent my invites last weekend. I wanted to give my OOT guests plenty of time to book travel and what not.
  • Kat_
    Super October 2019
    Kat_ ·
    We are getting married 10/6/19 and are sending them out this weekend! Yay!
  • Ashley
    Dedicated June 2017
    Ashley ·

Invites should most likely go out like a month and a half before the wedding...give people time to prepare.

• Kathy
    Beginner April 2020
    Kathy ·

I would send them out asap, give ppl enough time to respond & book their flights, congrats!

• Cori
    Devoted June 2020
    Cori ·
    I would say now. Sometimes 6-8 weeks isn’t enough time for people to plan taking work off or getting good flight prices.
  • Becky
    Dedicated October 2019
    Becky ·
    Thanks everyone! I’m gonna mail them out next week as we have a lot of out of state guests that may need to book flights and get time off from work. Plus I’m so excited to see the rsvp’s start coming in!
  • Heather
    Devoted October 2019
    Heather ·
    My wedding is 10/13/19, and my invitations went out last week. Tho almost all our guests are traveling from out of state.
  • Cassi
    Super October 2019
    Cassi ·

I think this varies on circumstances. My wedding is October 13th, 2019 and we have to have our guest count to caterer by September 20th. I put our RSVP deadline as September 15th but we sent our invites 2 weeks ago. We are having a DW so we sent them right at the 4 month mark because we wanted people to have ample time to book flights and find lodging. EVERY guest is states away so I wanted them to be able to shop around a little as well to find the flights and hotels that fit their budgets.

• Jennifer
    VIP September 2020
    Jennifer ·
    Send them out now. Better a little early than too late.
  • Tonia
    Expert October 2019
    Tonia ·
    View Quoted Comment

Hey wedding date twin!!! I sent mine out this week as well. We have a lot of guest coming from out of town also.

Comment on this discussion