Asia
Devoted December 2021

Weight loss/gain -pandemic/wedding planning

Asia, on August 15, 2020 at 12:10 PM Posted in Fitness and Health 1 30
Saved
Ok so I would love to blame the pandemic for my weight gain but I can not! I love food. I felt like when we were dating I was super fine, attempting to TONE up. Welllllll that “love” weight 🙄🙄 happened. I’m afraid that the back fat in my sleeveless dress I picked and gut is going to drive me crazy.

My MOH told me that they alter dresses and you will still be beautiful. My FH thinks I’m fine. Buuuttttttt my second chin says differently. I guess I’m my biggest critic but seriously. I know I have time before my Dec 2021 wedding but I’m afraid that I’ll be huge. I’ve already purchased a dress (size 16) almost cried. But the dress consultant said wedding dress sizes and street clothes aren’t the same. I think she was trying to make me feel better lol.
I’m trying not to stress about weight. The more I try to diet the more I eat. Ugh! Lol tenor.gif

30 Comments

Latest activity by Tiffani, on September 29, 2020 at 7:03 AM
  • Anais
    Dedicated May 2021
    Anais ·
    • Flag
    Focus not so much on weight loss but changing the quality of food that you eat. Tbh weight can’t really be associated with being healthy. This is actually what I am trying to do now. If I want someone sweet, eat some kind of fruit bowl. If I want something salty, cut and bake some potatoes to make home fries in the oven. Include a lot of foods that have a low glycemic index that make you full like vegetables.
  • Asia
    Devoted December 2021
    Asia ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment
    What’s so weird is that I use to meal prep and I was just fine. Now either everything going on, love, Covid, work schedules.... I feel like all I do is eat! A lot of the food options are not available with new schedules only thing open is fast food. And I’m only home 6 hours a day and 5of them I’m sleep. So it’s very difficult. I gotta figure out something. Definitely working on getting back HEALTHY!
  • Anais
    Dedicated May 2021
    Anais ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment
    You still have a lot of time until December 2021. I’m 9 months out and now I’m taking my fitness goals more seriously now but months prior it was bad too lol so I get it. I am sure you will get more focused as the time draws closer.
  • Asia
    Devoted December 2021
    Asia ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment
    Exactly! CONGRATULATIONS!!!
  • Anais
    Dedicated May 2021
    Anais ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment
    Thank you. Congratulations to you too!!
  • Asia
    Devoted December 2021
    Asia ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment
    tenor.gifThank you ❤️ 😊

• Ariel
    Savvy September 2020
    Ariel ·
    • Flag
    I 100% know how you feel. I've been losing weight for almost 2 years went from 300lbs to 190lbs and gained 25lbs back. I fit into my dress perfectly when I was at 190. I had my fitting and my dress didnt fit. The seamstress literally used her mad muscles and got it to zip. I turned to look at that back and was mortified with my C cup back boobs. She going to add a few peices to cover it so itll kinda look like an illusion back. We have 3 weeks till our wedding....at this point it is what it is.
  • Melle
    Legend June 2019
    Melle ·
    • Flag
    I agree with previous person that said focus on changing into a healthy lifestyle rather than specifically diet for the purpose of a wedding. Look for a workout regiment that works for you. It took me a lot of time to find an exercise routine that I enjoyed enough to actually stick with. That’s the issue you know it’s so easy to start some thing but it’s a whole other story to stick to it.
  • Asia
    Devoted December 2021
    Asia ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment
    My thing is STARTING! It’s soooo hard but once I start I’m good! Lol.
  • Aurora
    Dedicated July 2020
    Aurora ·
    • Flag
    I wanted to be in the best shape of my life for my wedding. I have gained 70 pounds a while after I met by now husband. I thought I’d crush it and be so motivated for my wedding since I did loose half the weight. But covid derailed me and all the stress of my wedding happening or not = gaining weight back. I did look it together 2 weeks before the wedding lol....and had my dress taken out and looked good. Maybe not what I hoped for but on the day I was so happy it didn’t matter. Now when I see all the picture I might be like ohhhh yeahhhhh but I’m hoping for the best! I had a sweetheart dress and it had lacing in the back that was tight and traveling but also the front area too.

I suggest joining a group where you have accountability. I joined weight loss challenge group on Facebook and it kept me accountable but also it helped that other people were “suffering” with me lol! I agree though about person that said make healthy choices. That is the best way!
    Wish you the best!
  • Asia
    Devoted December 2021
    Asia ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment
    Omg this is so me!!!!!!! I looked at my back boobs today. And thinking about the sleeveless dress I picked .... luckily I haven’t been to alterations yet. I’m afraid because I can’t even fit my jeans. Lol TIGHTS ONLY OVER HERE!
  • Asia
    Devoted December 2021
    Asia ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment
    Thanks for sharing. Yeah I’m going to get it together because I feel that’s going to be me. I know by the big day It won’t matter but I always hate looking at pics of myself lol it’ll work out tho. Thank you
  • Trisha
    Super October 2020
    Trisha ·
    • Flag

You Still Have A Lot Of Time. "Dieting" Doesnt Work Though. A LIFESTYLE Change Is What Works And Is Whats Sustainable. You Dont Have To Deprive Yourself Of Anything You Love To Eat. Moderation Is Key. Smiley smile

• Asia
    Devoted December 2021
    Asia ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment
    I’m definitely a foodie! Lol yeah working on it though. Thanks for stopping by ❤️
  • Ariana
    Beginner June 2021
    Ariana ·
    • Flag

Wedding dresses and street clothes are not the same at all. I said yes to the dress this month and got it in the biggest size it came in (size 16). The sizing is not US sizing (I wear between sizes 8 - 10) and the size 16 is so that my boobs have enough room in the dress but since my waist is smaller it is easier to take away from a dress than to add to a dress.

• Jana
    Master October 2022
    Jana ·
    • Flag
    Try a healthy earing routine. The Mediterranean diet is delicious and helps many people lose weight. Also the Hello Fresh meal plans are supposed to be good.

Best of luck!
  • Asia
    Devoted December 2021
    Asia ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment
    Lucky! My boobs are small so I look even fatter lol no distractions up top lol
  • Asia
    Devoted December 2021
    Asia ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment
    I didn’t think about hello fresh. I might need to try it !
  • Elaine
    Dedicated October 2020
    Elaine ·
    • Flag

I was genuinely shocked when I had an appointment for wedding dress alterations to see how much weight I had lost due to exercise, watching my food intake and COVID stress. I went from size 6 to a size 4!!

• Kayse
    Expert December 2020
    Kayse ·
    • Flag

I freaking love food, from all cultures. Fancy food. Fast food. I love food so much that it used to cause me genuine distress to see the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles eat entire slices of pizza without chewing. Like, where's the joy in tossing a slice of pizza down your gullet?? It's pizza!! Enjoy that ish!

Anyway, the point is, when I need to for real get my butt into gear, I weigh in every morning. That late night snack doesn't seem to so appealing when you're hopping on that scale when you wake up. It's just a good way for me to hold myself accountable.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

WeddingWire celebrates love ...and so does everyone on our site! Learn more

Groups

WeddingWire article topics