We're here to help you keep moving forward, no matter what your plans are.

Emily
Dedicated October 2020

Wedding Vows

Emily, on September 4, 2020 at 8:43 AM Posted in Wedding Ceremony 0 10
Saved Save

I don't have anyone as a third party to share my vows with and I don't want to share them with the FH before out big day, as having it a surprise is more meaningful to me. Can I get my WW family to read over them and offer advice before I have them written out for our wedding? I'm worried that there isn't enough there and that it should be longer but I've never been a writer so I have no idea. Thank you!

I told you in the beginning that you brought my faith back into humanity and I still mean that today. Because of you, I laugh, I smile, and I dare to dream again. I couldn’t have found a better person to compliment me. You’ve shown me love, compassion, and acceptance. Before I met you, I never thought it was ok to rely on someone else. Through our years, you’ve taught me that I can rely on you and that it's ok to ask for help sometimes.

I will forever cherish our adventures together, like catching Pokemon in the Hoh rain forest, trying to sneak rocks through airport security, and even the ones that we wish we could turn back time on where we both say a little too much. I’m excited to spend the rest of my life with you, sharing our love of anything nerdy, food, and spending late nights having fun with each other.

I vow that wherever I go, I will always return to you. I vow that even though we speak two different languages sometime, I will try to think about things with a different perspective and I vow that I will TRY not to take it personally when you yell at motion controls. I vow that I will try to get better at communicating and to keep growing with you as your partner in this life. I will keep trying as you are my person. I love you for who you are and I’m so thankful that you found me.

10 Comments

Latest activity by Kirsten, on September 4, 2020 at 8:37 PM
  • Kristen
    Rockstar November 2020
    Kristen ·
    • Flag

I think it sounds nice. Maybe it is just me but I know I am not a fan of super long ceremonies so I think this is long enough and it says how you feel. It looks super sweet to me. Smiley smile

• Yasmine
    Rockstar October 2020
    Yasmine Online ·
    • Flag

I think they sound amazing Smiley heart. I don't think it needs to be any longer, its more than enough there.

• Bo Miller
    Expert November 2021
    Bo Miller ·
    • Flag

Those are so sweet and personal! I love it! I think that the length is fine because you don't want it to be too long. Think about actually saying it to him in front of everyone and time yourself saying it and see what you think!

• L
    Rockstar July 2022
    Lisa Online ·
    • Flag
    I think that sounds great!! I think the length is perfect - not too long and not too short. You did a great job writing this, it sounds super sweet!
  • Jessica
    Rockstar September 2020
    Jessica ·
    • Flag
    I agree that it sounds great and looks like a perfect length. It’s personal and sweet, with little bits of humor, I think you did a great job!
  • Katie
    Expert August 2021
    Katie ·
    • Flag
    I think it perfect. And it's the perfect length. I wouldn't change a thing or add anything else.
  • Marabeth
    Devoted September 2021
    Marabeth ·
    • Flag
    They sound great; sweet and sentimental with a little humor. They’re a great length. I hear longer bores people.
  • Angel
    Expert August 2020
    Angel ·
    • Flag

I think it's great! The only thing I'd recommend changing is to change the "I will try" to "I promise" in this sentence... "I will try to think about things with a different perspective." On another note, I hate how other people are saying long ceremonies/vows bore people. That's my favorite part of a wedding!! Smiley heart

• Super August 2020
    ·
    • Flag
    I think these are really sweet and about the perfect length. A good way to determine whether they're too long or short would be to time yourself saying them out loud and ask your fiancé to do the same with his. That way you'll know if one of you wrote like 3x as much as the other, which is usually what makes vows seem really uneven. I think it's nice that you started with a story but got into the promises pretty quickly, and I appreciate that you said, "I vow to try..." because no one is perfect and that's the kind of promise you'll definitely be able to keep.

I have a few edits, but they're just for grammar, clarity, or sentence flow (and one spelling thing that changes the meaning but not the pronunciation, sorry). I'm on my phone so I couldn't use italics or bold, so I used all caps where I was just changing or adding a word or two, and copied and pasted sentences original sentences before the edited ones where I'm recommending more substantial changes. Hopefully you'll understand what I meant, but please ask if anything doesn't make sense to you, or if you want me to put it all back together and send it to you in one piece.

I told you in the beginning that you brought my faith back into humanity and I still mean that today. > I told you in the beginning that you brought my faith back IN humanity and I still feel that way today. (OR ...that's still true today.)

I couldn’t have found a better person to COMPLEMENT me.

THROUGHOUT our years TOGETHER, you’ve taught me that I can rely on you and that it's okay to ask for help sometimes.

I will forever cherish our adventures together, like catching Pokemon in the Hoh rain forest, trying to sneak rocks through airport security, and even the ones that we wish we could turn back time on where we both say a little too much. > I will forever cherish our adventures together, like when we catch Pokemon in the Hoh rain forest, try to sneak rocks through airport security, and even the ones where we both say a little too much and wish we could turn back time.

I’m excited to spend the rest of my life with you, sharing our love of anything nerdy, food, and spending late nights having fun with each other. > I’m excited to spend the rest of my life with you, sharing our love of food and anything nerdy, and spending late nights having fun together.

I will keep trying BECAUSE you are my person. I love you for who you are and I’m so thankful that WE found EACH OTHER.

P.S. did you make it through security with the rocks?

• Kirsten
    Devoted October 2020
    Kirsten ·
    • Flag
    Beautiful and just the right amount of personal that shows who you are as a couple! Good job!👍

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles