M
Beginner October 2019

Wedding under 10k? How?! Please Help!!

Melissa, on June 10, 2018 at 7:08 PM Posted in Planning 0 30
Saved Save
Hi there so I've found a wedding venue that we both really love and it's 5500! My question is for those that have maintained a 10k budget.. what vendors did you use for everything else for the Wedding? I need some serious help!! Thank you so much!

30 Comments

• M
    Just Said Yes September 2018
    Mollie ·
    • Flag
    Just the venue space is 5500???? or does it include other needs? How many guests?
  • M
    Beginner October 2019
    Melissa ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment
    The venue is 5500.. includes tables chairs white linens some decoration stuff
  • Annie
    Savvy May 2020
    Annie ·
    • Flag
    How many people are you inviting?
  • M
    Beginner October 2019
    Melissa ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment
    Our estimate is 100?
  • Going to the chapel
    Master July 2017
    Going to the chapel ·
    • Flag

Spending over half your budget on a venue that doesn't include food and drink isn't going to end well.

• M
    Beginner October 2019
    Melissa ·
    • Flag
    Yes I keep trying to tell my FH this and he won't listen!!! I'm at my witts end with him and this unrealistic 10k budget and about to throw in the towel and just not get married.. I've even offered to work a bunch of OT to pay for things for the wedding..
  • Saydee
    Super August 2019
    Saydee ·
    • Flag
    My venue was $6900 and included ceremony and reception venue, catering and apps for 100, 3 tier cake, flowers, dj, wedding planner, doc, and decor, including chairs and tables, centerpieces, and even a coffee bar.

There's no way I would pay that for just the venue, which in your case is half the budget. Out of my cost, almost $3k was the food
  • M
    Beginner October 2019
    Melissa ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment
    What venue did u use if you don't mind me asking
  • Saydee
    Super August 2019
    Saydee ·
    • Flag
    10k is doable DEPENDING on your location, you just have to really plan and be realistic. There a new show out that shows couples picking their own budget and the host shows a wedding in his budget, hers, and in between, I forgot the show's name though
  • Saydee
    Super August 2019
    Saydee ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment
    I'm near the Atlanta area and I used https://rosehalleventcenter.com/.
  • FutureMrs.L
    Master September 2018
    FutureMrs.L ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment
    Your estimate? Did you sit down to make a guest list? Spending $5500 on just the venue, and not food, is a set up for disaster and going way over budget.

Our venue is $4500, (before taxes and SC) that includes ceremony, cocktail hour, hors d’oeuvres, 4course meal, 4.5 hours open bar, and wedding cake for 36 guests (guaranteed per contract), we’re inviting 42, which we’ve budgeted for.

I’d definitely keep looking for a venue. This is going to lead to being over budget.

• M
    Beginner October 2019
    Melissa ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment
    I have and every barn venue around here is so ridiculously priced!! I don't want a church wedding..or a plantation wedding.. and girl Atlanta is way to far for me I live I Richmond VA
  • Amarriedmann
    Expert June 2019
    Amarriedmann ·
    • Flag
    This largely depends on what part of the country you’re in.

I’m in Florida, which isn’t nearly as expensive as somewhere like New York. That being said, no matter where you are, everyone will tell you that you will have to cut way back on your guest list. Like upwards of 50%. For example: Do you really have to invite your coworkers? Probably not.

We’re tryjng to stay under $8k BUT ours is a vow renewal, so there are things we were able to cut back on that first time brides would often consider a must - like a bridal party. And I still think we will have a very difficult time squeezing by with THAT budget!

Here is what I’m trying to use and stick to as a guideline. Hope it helps. Best of luck to you!

Wedding under 10k? How?! Please Help!! 1
  • Melanie
    Dedicated July 2018
    Melanie ·
    • Flag
    Our venue was 4100 and we had a 10k budget. We totally did it with a guest list of 100. We have an evening wedding so just have snacks and such as well as a bar. We don't feel like we skimped anywhere important to us and are happy we were able to stick with the budget. Our WP is small, flowers are real feel, and our venue doesn't need much decor because it's an aquarium (fish are the decorations!). The 10k budget does not include our rings but does include a 3 tier cake, music, food, bar, venue, attire for all of WP and FH and myself, and includes h/mu for me and my daughter. It also includes officiant, photographer, table decor, linens, etc. It can be done, just decide what you don't care too much about. For me, it was flowers and decor because our place doesn't need a lot.
  • A
    Expert September 2019
    Anna ·
    • Flag
    10k is possible, but definitely listen to everyone about your current venue not being a good idea. My venue will be 9200 (after tax and tips. Don’t forget to budget for these!!!) and that includes ceremony, reception, food, drinks, dj, and photo booth. There are other cheaper options such as doing a Hall and renting chairs/tables and finding a cheap caterer. But for decorations a lot of it will be DIY to save $$$
  • Amarriedmann
    Expert June 2019
    Amarriedmann ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment
    Just caught it last night! Its called “I Want THAT Wedding” Dozed off before I could see the end though😕
  • Saydee
    Super August 2019
    Saydee ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment
    I'm looking for it now, thanks!!!
  • A.Magill.Since.May
    Master May 2018
    A.Magill.Since.May ·
    • Flag
    We did our wedding for approximately 6k. We had a daytime wedding and only 45 people in attendance (invited 63).
  • Katie
    Expert July 2018
    Katie ·
    • Flag
    You can't do a wedding of 10K with over half of that being just the venue.

If you're finding that the places you like are that expensive, you have to either adjust your expectations or your budget. Good luck!
  • Vanessasaurus
    VIP June 2019
    Vanessasaurus ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment
    This! I would say 500-1000 on a venue space is all you could spend with a 10k budget.

Comment on this discussion

WeddingWire celebrates love ...and so does everyone on our site! Learn more

WeddingWire article topics