We're here to help you keep moving forward, no matter what your plans are.

Meghan
Beginner June 2021

Wedding Ring disaster, help!

Meghan, on November 24, 2020 at 11:59 AM Posted in Wedding Attire 0 17
Saved Save

My fiancé got me the engagement ring of my dreams but the curved band is difficult to fit with a wedding ring. I went to the same jeweler to see if they could make a simple contoured band. The entire process was terrible. No communication on their end, no options provided, no questions...just “yep we can do that”. I wouldn’t hear from them for weeks and when I went in or called to check they would say “oh it’s ready” and both times the results were terrible. The first fail I told them it was all wrong and the second time I took it knowing it wasn’t right. I’m done dealing with them, but now I don’t know what to do. I hate the wedding band but I don’t know how to get it right.

The first pic is what they made, the second is what I wanted...Wedding Ring disaster, help! 1Wedding Ring disaster, help! 2

17 Comments

Latest activity by Victoria, on November 25, 2020 at 10:33 AM
  • Yasmine
    Rockstar October 2020
    Yasmine ·
    • Flag

Oh that is two completely different wedding bands. I would take it back and give them a picture for reference, or honestly just buy another band if you don't think they will be able to satisfy you.

• Caytlyn
    Legend November 2019
    Caytlyn ·
    • Flag
    Have you considered just going to a different jeweler?
  • Chrysta
    Rockstar November 2022
    Chrysta Online ·
    • Flag
    Oh my gosh, I am so sorry! That is nothing like the inspiration picture! I would march back into that jeweler, show them these two pictures side-by-side, and demand they either make you a new ring like the one you requested, or refund you your money. To be honest, if this is their second attempt and it’s still that far off, I don’t think they have the capabilities of making what you want. I would really push for the refund so you can go somewhere that CAN!
  • Shelly
    Rockstar January 2022
    Shelly ·
    • Flag

Oh wow the first band is WAY thicker than the second....I see why you're so upset. I would be too!

Many brides are using online retailers for their rings and bands! Plenty of them also do custom rings and will have consultations with you! Olive Ave Jewelry has this option. Brilliant Earth is another option!

• Meghan
    Beginner June 2021
    Meghan ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment
    Chrysta that’s exactly what I’m thinking. There’s no way a third try is going to go from a terrible jigsaw puzzle ring to what I envisioned. I’ve already taken the ring and I’m scared to go back. I’d love a refund but feel embarrassed since I told them I liked it at the store.
  • Chrysta
    Rockstar November 2022
    Chrysta Online ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment
    Girl, don’t feel embarrassed! If anything, THEY should feel embarrassed for trying to pawn that ring off as what you asked for! If you need to, take an outspoken friend or family member with you to back you up when you confront them. Demand a refund and don’t back down! The inspiration picture is beautiful and would look perfect with your ring- you deserve THAT ring!
  • Michelle
    Rockstar April 2021
    Michelle ·
    • Flag
    OMG! Nothing like your inspiration photo! Take it back & show them what you want. If they still can’t get it right, get a refund. We got my engagement/wedding set at Kay’s & they had we’d bands that you are looking for.
  • Michelle
    Rockstar April 2021
    Michelle ·
    • Flag
    *the bands...
  • L
    Rockstar July 2022
    Lisa ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment
    I agree with this!! Don't feel embarrassed at all, they need to make it right. I agree with the previous comments, request a refund and go to a different jeweler.
  • Meghan
    Beginner June 2021
    Meghan ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment

Thank you for all of you suggestions! I just went to Kay’s and they had the perfect ring to fit. Now to get that refund...
    Wedding Ring disaster, help! 3

• Cassidy
    VIP October 2017
    Cassidy ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment

Also check out James Allen. Brilliant Earth was too expensive in my opinion.

• Shelly
    Rockstar January 2022
    Shelly ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment

Yay!! Looks so much better! Happy you found a wedding band that matched perfectly!

• Chrysta
    Rockstar November 2022
    Chrysta Online ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment
    It’s perfect!!!
  • CountryBride
    Expert April 2022
    CountryBride ·
    • Flag

Its so beautiful love the band you picked out glad it worked out

• Mary
    Dedicated December 2020
    Mary ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment

WAY Better! Glad you went to someone else. It looks made for your ring.

Go get that refund, girl! Smiley smile

• Meghan
    Rockstar October 2019
    Meghan ·
    • Flag

Wow, those look nothing alike! I am glad you were able to find something. Good luck with getting your refund!!

• Victoria
    Devoted June 2021
    Victoria ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment

I agree with Yasmine!

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles