Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Anastasia
Just Said Yes May 2021

Wedding postpones

Anastasia, on April 20, 2020 at 7:19 PM Posted in Community Conversations 9 76
Has anyone getting married in October, November or December postponed their wedding yet ? We want our wedding in October like planned but we are thinking we may have to postpone it. We just don’t want to jump the gun if we don’t have to yet.

76 Comments

Latest activity by Kattie, on May 21, 2020 at 7:02 PM
  • M
    Devoted December 2020
    Morgan ·
    • Flag
    • Hide content
    My wedding is planned for December 12th and I have no plans of postponing yet. I’m hoping that these next few months of summer heat will tame this virus and calm things down. I wouldn’t postpone yet😊
  • _
    Dedicated November 2020
    __ ·
    • Flag
    • Hide content
    Mine is late November and we haven’t postponed anything, but we have talked about plan B. Plan B is doing something small with immediate family only and doing everything big later on. But hopefully things go okay. If not, And we need to postpone, it will be okay anyway. Smiley smile
  • Fleur
    October 2020
    Fleur ·
    • Flag
    • Hide content

This week we postponed our Oct. 2020 wedding to Oct. 2021. We have a huge guest list and were at that crossroads of a BIG venue non-refundable payment coming due. We just couldn’t take the chance of being financially at the mercy of the venue, with all the uncertainty. Good luck!

• Ashley
    Dedicated August 2020
    Ashley ·
    • Flag
    • Hide content
    10/10 for me! Our venue is really understanding and is giving us til the end of August to make a decision about canceling or not. Plan B is a small/private ceremony with immediate family. Had we not already had things planned, we would just elope with a small ceremony given these circumstances.
  • Anastasia
    Just Said Yes May 2021
    Anastasia ·
    • Flag
    • Hide content
    View Quoted Comment
    Did you send out wedding invitations yet ?
  • Ashley
    Dedicated August 2020
    Ashley ·
    • Flag
    • Hide content
    View Quoted Comment
    Not yet. Depending on what the legal restrictions are in Jersey by late May/early June, we will and them out sometime in June.
  • Anastasia
    Just Said Yes May 2021
    Anastasia ·
    • Flag
    • Hide content
    View Quoted Comment
    Yes exactly. I’m in Jersey too so it’s just so hard to plan when we don’t even know what’s going to happen. It would suck to send them out and then have to like send out changed date postcards.
  • Ashley
    Dedicated August 2020
    Ashley ·
    • Flag
    • Hide content
    View Quoted Comment
    I agree! It’d be frustrating
  • A
    Devoted October 2020
    A ·
    • Flag
    • Hide content
    I’m in October (in VA) and we aren’t planning on postponing/cancelling, but we are remaining aware than we may have guests who want to change their plans. It’s a small wedding anyway, only about 30 or so, and it’s outdoors.
  • R
    Devoted December 2020
    Rachel ·
    • Flag
    • Hide content
    December 5 here, no plans at all to postpone. We will plan as usual and go to plan B when absolutely necessary
  • Sexypoodle
    Master October 2021
    Sexypoodle ·
    • Flag
    • Hide content
    Our date is 10/10 and everything is planned and booked. So, we’re just waiting it out for now. We have a Plan B and Plan C. But hopefully we don’t have to use those.
  • A
    Super December 2020
    Anais ·
    • Flag
    • Hide content

December 6th, no plans to postpone. My big payment is due 2 weeks after my tasting which is supposed to be in July so I'll reassess then before the payment. My biggest worry is my family living in another country and not being able to travel but December is far away.

• Amy
    Dedicated November 2020
    Amy ·
    • Flag
    • Hide content
    November 3rd for me. No plans to postpone until we know more. I’m giving myself at least another month to see where things are at.
  • Chrysta
    Master November 2022
    Chrysta ·
    • Flag
    • Hide content
    Our wedding was the beginning of November. We made the decision to reschedule last week 😕
  • Hailee
    Beginner September 2021
    Hailee ·
    • Flag
    • Hide content
    Mine was October 24th and we postponed to September 2021. We realized once the economy opens back up, it will be a while before things go back to normal. We want to make sure our guests are excited rather than worried and we think by next fall we will hopefully be completely out of the woods 🤞 also just didn’t want to be stressed with planning having all of the “what if’s” in the air since no one can predict exactly what will happen. Best of luck to you!
  • Kattie
    Dedicated June 2021
    Kattie ·
    • Flag
    • Hide content
    10/10 wedding. We have a plan b. Every day I keep leaning more towards it. I just don't want to miss out on the fun part of planning and I feel like I am. This has all been so stressful. I want to look back with happy memories. I worry my state won't be "there" (whatever that means nowadays) when it comes time.
  • Tori
    Dedicated November 2020
    Tori ·
    • Flag
    • Hide content
    My wedding is Nov. 14th and we don’t plan on postponing. I had already paid the required deposits. So, my plan moving forward is to not pay anyone until the last second (like 3 weeks before when it’s due). It’s sad to say, but I’m a little worried about vendors going out of business. The date is my fiancé’s grandparents 50th anniversary, so we will get married, it just might have to be downsized in which case I probably won’t need my vendors. As of now, we are still planning a full wedding in Nov.
  • Trisha
    Super October 2020
    Trisha ·
    • Flag
    • Hide content
    10/17. Planning As Normal. Will Reassess The Situation Around August/September. We Still Have Time.
  • Danielle
    Expert November 2020
    Danielle ·
    • Flag
    • Hide content

Getting married early November and waiting to see what happens in the next few months first.

• Danielle
    Expert November 2020
    Danielle ·
    • Flag
    • Hide content
    View Quoted Comment

I am thinking the same... small and big later maybe. Things will be okay anyway. Bummer but it will be okay.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

ReCaptcha Verification failed. Please try again.

Related articles

WeddingWire celebrates love ...and so does everyone on our site! Learn more

Groups

WeddingWire article topics